I got my iPhone 7 Plus a few days, upgraded from the 6 and I'm having an issue when listening to music.

Almost every time I plug the dongle in with my headphones and then pull up music, it won't play the song/album.

However, if I unplug the dongle and plug it back in, it will begin to play. If I have to take a call or I pause the music and come back to it, it won't play again when I hit the play button. I have to unplug and plug back in and then it will play.

Is this a know issue/bug? In the four days I've had the phone, I've also had one instance where I went to make a call & the phone was off, even though I had just taken it off the charger.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I hate to have to do an exchange but I might have to.

Thanks!
    01-10-2017 09:17 AM
    I got my iPhone 7 Plus a few days, upgraded from the 6 and I'm having an issue when listening to music.

Almost every time I plug the dongle in with my headphones and then pull up music, it won't play the song/album.

However, if I unplug the dongle and plug it back in, it will begin to play. If I have to take a call or I pause the music and come back to it, it won't play again when I hit the play button. I have to unplug and plug back in and then it will play.

Is this a know issue/bug? In the four days I've had the phone, I've also had one instance where I went to make a call & the phone was off, even though I had just taken it off the charger.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I hate to have to do an exchange but I might have to.

Thanks!
    From what I can tell this was fixed via the 10.0.2 software update. If you haven't already done so, update the device now and see if the problem is resolved.

Forbes Welcome

The above link references the same problem you are having and is noted as it being fixed. Apples support page indicates that this issue (though they call if volume controls) as being fixed in the update as well:

iOS 10.0.2

iOS 10.0.2 fixes bugs and improves the stability of your iPhone or iPad. This update:

•Addresses an issue that could prevent headphone audio controls from temporarily not working
    •Resolves an issue that caused Photos to quit for some users when turning on iCloud Photo Library
    •Fixes an issue that prevented enabling some app extensions

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

source: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1893?locale=en_US
    01-10-2017 09:33 AM
    Thank you, I have 10.2 downloaded. It's not the headphone controls though, it's the music app on the phone.

I can plug the headphones in, pull up the music app, select an album and tap a song to play, and it won't do anything. The song acts like it's going to play but it doesn't.

So if I unplug the headphones and plug them back in, and then tap on the song, then it will begin to play.

However if I pause a song on the phone, not the headphone controls and come back to it, the song won't play again and I have to unplug the headphones and plug them back in to get the music app working again.

It does this for several albums and artists not just a select few.
    01-10-2017 09:48 AM
    Thank you, I have 10.2 downloaded. It's not the headphone controls though, it's the music app on the phone.

I can plug the headphones in, pull up the music app, select an album and tap a song to play, and it won't do anything. The song acts like it's going to play but it doesn't.

So if I unplug the headphones and plug them back in, and then tap on the song, then it will begin to play.

However if I pause a song on the phone, not the headphone controls and come back to it, the song won't play again and I have to unplug the headphones and plug them back in to get the music app working again.

It does this for several albums and artists not just a select few.
    I'm stumped then. Hopefully someone has ideas as to what the problem could be.
    01-10-2017 11:49 AM
    What headphones are you using when you experience the issue? There's known compatibility issues with non-MFi (Made For iPhone) headsets. For example, the Samsung headset that comes with Galaxy devices will not work with the headphone adapter.

If you use the EarPods that came in the box with your 7 Plus do you still experience the issue?
    01-12-2017 09:16 AM
    I've been using a pair of over the ear Sony headphones. I'll try the ones that came with the iPhone and see if I still have the issue! Thanks!
    01-12-2017 06:15 PM