Torn between reg. 7 and 7+

beanie_17

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I used to have a 6s Plus and I recently got an iPhone 7 that I loved. I completely forgot what it felt like to have a smaller iPhone but then a lot of people I know upgraded to the 7 Plus and I was torn. I'm not on a contract so I got a 7 Plus used and I'm not sure if I should keep it or not. I like the size of the smaller iPhone more and I find that I use it more but the Plus has more new features and two cameras - I love the portrait feature. Everytime I make the decision to just stay with the smaller 7 I see someone with the Plus and I doubt my decision again. I need to keep one phone and sell the other so if anyone wants to share their opinion and why they chose what phone and if they regret it or not, it would probably help me out a lot

Brian W1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I had the 7 and returned it for the 7 Plus. Mainly because on some games I play, the print is so small, it's hard for me to see. I also really like the battery life on the 7 Plus. The camera isn't a big deal to me and didn't influence my decision. I think they both take great pictures, but I do like the zoom of the Plus.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Plus, of course! I just got mine last Friday and I love it. I had the 6S plus before and liked it too. I could never go back to the smaller phone and the camera on the plus is excellent.

Kevin Webb2

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was torn as well and was really close to moving from a 6s Plus to a 7. I was at the Apple Store about to complete my transaction when I asked about return policy if I didn't like the smaller form factor. The rep noted that it is really hard for most people to go back to a smaller phone.....that shifted me back to 7Plus and I am super happy with the large phone (again).

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the 7+ for the larger screen and larger text, etc. The 2x camera (which by design only works sometimes by default) (which should be the default lens...) is merely a bonus to me, it's still a cameraphone with all the shortcomings that brings with it.

I like the 7+ for its size. Some people like the SE for its​ size.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have both a 6s plus and a 7; got the 7 for portability, but sometimes I return to 6s plus because of familiarity

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If you can handle the size I would recommend the Plus over the regular every day. Bigger screen, battery, better camera, etc.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I used to have a 6s Plus and I recently got an iPhone 7 that I loved. I completely forgot what it felt like to have a smaller iPhone but then a lot of people I know upgraded to the 7 Plus and I was torn. I'm not on a contract so I got a 7 Plus used and I'm not sure if I should keep it or not. I like the size of the smaller iPhone more and I find that I use it more but the Plus has more new features and two cameras - I love the portrait feature. Everytime I make the decision to just stay with the smaller 7 I see someone with the Plus and I doubt my decision again. I need to keep one phone and sell the other so if anyone wants to share their opinion and why they chose what phone and if they regret it or not, it would probably help me out a lot

Firstly, Welcome to iMore beanie! Great to have you here with us :D

Personally for me, i would take the smaller iPhone (4.7") just for portability. It's a lovely size. Don't worry too much about the camera stuff. Apple did this a while ago where only the Plus models had OIS but now both devices have it. So i'm sure with upcoming models the smaller variant will slowly but surely get all the Plus model features.

Sometimes smaller is better, it about how you use it.

josepilot81

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
In my case I'm really happy with my 7plus and the camera, I simply love it for outdoors. The only problem I had is that I'm left handed and when I have tu push send button or sending a voice note I grab the phone in a way is always easy to fall from my hand. For the other I simply prefer to the regular one. I have a good vision but we all everyday spend more and more time watching our phone screens and I feel far more comfortable the plus for that, is just the right size for a geek like me. Greetings!

mymailacct

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I graduated from a 6 to a 7+ and I am happy. It fits my pockets and I don't even recognize the size difference until I put it next to the 6. I am glad for The larger screen. I enjoy split screen capability. The assistive benefits are even better for me on the plus. I was nervous initially but now I am happy I made the switch.

knoxDavid

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I like the 7 Plus myself. Better camera, bigger screen, & bigger battery. Remember it also has more memory for applications and that means more active apps. The extra memory is there to support the dual camera processing (as I notice after taking pictures--especially portrait mode that many apps get bumped from active memory). But if you are not taking pictures you can switch between many apps without them needing to relaunch.

coxley24

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I played with both at the Apple store. I have big hands and I'm a camera guy, so the 7 Plus was my choice. To each there own though...

golfinggod

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Definitely Plus for the camera, display and battery. You can also comfortably watch TV on it which you can't say about its smaller brother.

wkelly24

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to confirm if the features the plus has over the standard 7 edition are worth keeping it or not. I personally would want the added features.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR