How do you like the new home button?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking of getting a new iPhone 7 Plus. I'm not sure I would like the home button though. What do you all think of it??

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It didn't bother me at all. I adjusted to it just fine. I'm pretty certain most people have.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I really like it. I have an Apple Watch so was familiar with the haptic. I was quite surprised how well it work on my 7 Plus. If you are not familiar with it, you should be within a couple of days. Like it better than the old home button.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I love it. I use both a 7 Plus and an iPad Mini 4 daily and there's a dramatic difference. I often end up on the home screen on my iPad coming from the 7 Plus. Ha

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking of getting a new iPhone 7 Plus. I'm not sure I would like the home button though. What do you all think of it??

After a couple days, you will adjust easily and actually start to prefer it. Change is always hard since most people like what they had but NEW is sometimes better. The same thing happened with Macbook Pro users when Apple took away the click movement and replaced it which a vibration. I wouldn't worry to much about the new home button but if you are concerned, pop round to your nearest Apple store and play on one :)

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I really like it, don't have to worry about one moving part that could break. It toke me a day or two to get used to it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I got used to it mere hours after using it. It's much better and convenient.
You'll love it, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It's great until I'm using my phone while wearing gloves. Doesn't respond all that well then. That's my only complaint with it. Aside from that it's fine. I wouldn't say I prefer it over the previous button.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It's great until I'm using my phone while wearing gloves. Doesn't respond all that well then. That's my only complaint with it. Aside from that it's fine. I wouldn't say I prefer it over the previous button.

Did you try out one of the dedicated smartphone gloves?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you try out one of the dedicated smartphone gloves?

Yup. I've got a pair. But they don't work reliably when trying to wake my phone up. It was much easier to press the button to wake my phone. Not a huge issue. I just use the power button instead.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The haptic button took a bit to get used to but it does a good job of tricking the brain into thinking it's mechanical.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice