Popping noise with lightning adapter

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I connected my Samsung headphones to my iPhone using the lightning adapter and I kept hearing a popping noise. Even when there was no sound playing. If this happens to you just insert your headphones into the adaptor until it starts popping and after a few seconds snap it into place. It fixed the issue on my end. Seems to be a software bug on non apple headphones.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thankfully, I've yet to hear any popping noises when using my non-Apple headphones (Audio Technica ATH-M40x) with my iPhone 7 Plus thus far, and hopefully, I won't.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thankfully, I've yet to hear any popping noises when using my non-Apple headphones (Audio Technica ATH-M40x) with my iPhone 7 Plus thus far, and hopefully, I won't.

Its a software thing, that I'm hoping is resolved during the next update. Its a pretty common issue, you're one of the lucky ones. :)

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I was even getting this issue with my iPhone 6 Plus and the apple earpods (3.5mm). It would go away after like 5-6 quick "pops" though. It almost sounds like static interference.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2