What ear buds everyone using?

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm now using Beats X headphones and loving them. They are super comfortable and sound good. I considered the AirPods but really wanted inline controls that worked without having to use Siri to change the volume.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Curious why you'd want to go Airpods if already have the BeatX? I'd think the Airpods would just be a lost set of earbuds waiting to happen.

I think part of the beauty of the AirPods is that the design helps you not lose them. If you are wearing them and one falls out (which I've never had happen), then they quit playing -- so you notice immediately. When you take them out, I find that it is easiest to put them directly back into their case, plus it recharges them. So, for me, I don't see how they are harder to lose than any other wireless type of headphone, or even something wired (such as earpods) that might be in a similar sized case. I guess those that just pop them out and don't put them in the case might be in more danger of losing them.

Of course, the Find my AirPods function in iOS 10.3 will also help.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think part of the beauty of the AirPods is that the design helps you not lose them. If you are wearing them and one falls out (which I've never had happen), then they quit playing -- so you notice immediately. When you take them out, I find that it is easiest to put them directly back into their case, plus it recharges them. So, for me, I don't see how they are harder to lose than any other wireless type of headphone, or even something wired (such as earpods) that might be in a similar sized case. I guess those that just pop them out and don't put them in the case might be in more danger of losing them.

Of course, the Find my AirPods function in iOS 10.3 will also help.

Great points :) thank you!

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I recommend the airpods.isinstock.com website. Give them your email address and your closest Apple store, they'll email when that store has the Airpods in stock. Once notified, you can go to the Apple website and order the Airpods while they are in stock at that store. I know several of us have used this method and it is why we now have Airpods.

Thank you for this! I signed up the day you posted this, got the notification today and ordered 2 pair right away! 15 mins later, the store sold out... so they do definitely go fast. Can't wait to pick them up after work.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Using my BeatsX today while at work. I typically use my AirPods. Sound quality is better on the BeatsX simply because of the way they fit in the ear.

My AirPods are more convenient for phone calls and everyday use simply because of the ability to throw one in or both depending on my situation. The auto pause feature is also a huge advantage.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for this! I signed up the day you posted this, got the notification today and ordered 2 pair right away! 15 mins later, the store sold out... so they do definitely go fast. Can't wait to pick them up after work.

I got my AirPods and have had a while to play with them and they are even better than I expected. When they were first announced, I was skeptical and assumed that they would be just like the EarPods, but Wireless. I was way wrong, the sound that these produce is absolutely amazing for how small they are. I haven't been this happy with a purchase in a long time--definitely recommend!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

You're welcome, glad it helped. It really is a great service. I'm also glad to hear you are enjoying your AirPods, sounds like your thoughts about them are similar to mine.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Using my BeatsX today while at work. I typically use my AirPods. Sound quality is better on the BeatsX simply because of the way they fit in the ear.

My AirPods are more convenient for phone calls and everyday use simply because of the ability to throw one in or both depending on my situation. The auto pause feature is also a huge advantage.

There are definitely better sounding options, but no better sounding options with the same features and capabilities. I don't understand all the people buying these and complaining about the sound quality. If that's the main concern, go with something that you like. I personally bought the AirPods because the convenience of being totally wireless, Siri, and the excellent microphone were important to me and made them the perfect option for me. However, if my main concern was sound quality and I didn't care about the other features mentioned, I would have gone with something different. The poor reviews complaining about sound quality while saying the other features aren't important to them don't make any sense to me. It's their own fault for buying something that they didn't want to begin with.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
There are definitely better sounding options, but no better sounding options with the same features and capabilities. I don't understand all the people buying these and complaining about the sound quality. If that's the main concern, go with something that you like. I personally bought the AirPods because the convenience of being totally wireless, Siri, and the excellent microphone were important to me and made them the perfect option for me. However, if my main concern was sound quality and I didn't care about the other features mentioned, I would have gone with something different. The poor reviews complaining about sound quality while saying the other features aren't important to them don't make any sense to me. It's their own fault for buying something that they didn't want to begin with.

For me, I understood what I was getting when I purchased. I tested them at Apple. But there is nothing wrong with wanting improved audio quality out of something you spent $160 on. The microphone honestly isn't any better than the BeatsX or the Powerbeats3 units. I've heard no complaints on either and I've tested all three. The majority of people I spoke with couldn't tell a single difference between the three. I don't use Siri at all. I honestly turned that feature off. The only advantage the AirPods provide is being completely without wires and having the ability to switch between ears while the other is charging. While at work that is very advantageous for me.

Reviews are to provide a comprehensive overview on the product. It would be irresponsible for them not to point out the audio quality. Which isn't HORRIBLE by any means. But there are definitely better options out there if you're listening to music. Which is how the AirPods are being marketed, if you haven't noticed the commercials.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
For me, I understood what I was getting when I purchased. I tested them at Apple. But there is nothing wrong with wanting improved audio quality out of something you spent $160 on. The microphone honestly isn't any better than the BeatsX or the Powerbeats3 units. I've heard no complaints on either and I've tested all three. The majority of people I spoke with couldn't tell a single difference between the three. I don't use Siri at all. I honestly turned that feature off. The only advantage the AirPods provide is being completely without wires and having the ability to switch between ears while the other is charging. While at work that is very advantageous for me.

Reviews are to provide a comprehensive overview on the product. It would be irresponsible for them not to point out the audio quality. Which isn't HORRIBLE by any means. But there are definitely better options out there if you're listening to music. Which is how the AirPods are being marketed, if you haven't noticed the commercials.

I didn't say nor mean that people shouldn't review the sound quality. I was aiming my comment towards those who are saying that the AirPods are a waste of money based solely on there being better sounding options. Some people, such as myself, would happily accept a little lesser quality sound in exchange for the other features mentioned. I don't believe (at least I haven't seen) that Apple is advertising the AirPods as having the best audio quality out there. I could see saying that they're a waste of money if the sound quality were bad, but that's not the case whatsoever; it's just not the best.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR