I'm new to Apple as of the iPhone 7 Plus and just bought an iPad Pro to go with it. I seem to be having some issues with iMessage syncing between them. The main thing is when I delete a thread from one device, it doesn't get deleted from the other. Is that normal? It also seems to disconnect every once in a while from my iPad. Calls and texts will randomly stop showing on my iPad. Is there any known reason for this happening?
    12-23-2016 08:46 PM
    It does NOT get deleted between devices, which I've always thought was moronic. So if you're iMessaging in an illicit affair, turn it off on the iPad you leave lying around the house, because the evidence will be there.
    felloffthetruck and JML5150 like this.
    12-24-2016 05:51 AM
    Agree. Mine is that way, too, and I find it irritating.
    12-24-2016 07:04 AM
    About the calling, do you have a dual band router?
    I also had some issues, it looks like both need to be on the same band to work properly.
    Although I haven't had issues for a long time with two wifi bands.
    12-24-2016 05:53 PM
    I just found out tonight that I can enable wifi calling on my tablet. Now I can make and receive calls any time I'm connected to a wifi network and my phone doesn't even need to be with me. That is very cool, I love this iPad more every day.
    12-25-2016 11:17 PM
    I just found out tonight that I can enable wifi calling on my tablet. Now I can make and receive calls any time I'm connected to a wifi network and my phone doesn't even need to be with me. That is very cool, I love this iPad more every day.
    Your phone does need to be on the same wifi network, not?
    Or do you have a wifi+3g iPad?
    12-26-2016 07:48 AM
    Handoff must be on and on the same wifi unless you have att number sync and a cellular iPad. Try resetting everything by login out of iMessages and then turning it back on and re pairing it. Also make sure it's turn on in setting on your iPhone
    12-26-2016 09:12 AM
    Your phone does need to be on the same wifi network, not?
    Or do you have a wifi+3g iPad?
    I just have a wifi iPad. But in the call settings there was an option to enable wifi calling, so now I can make and receive calls any time it's connected to wifi. My phone doesn't even need to be with me.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    12-26-2016 11:10 AM