Death of the headphone jack from a comfort perspective

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm not really gonna mention the usability issues too much. They've been discussed ad nauseum. Plus, I have no problem plugging the adapter in my headphones (HTC Hi-Res) and just leaving it there. Something I haven't seen discussed much, if at all is how much nicer it feels not to have the jack. As someone who doesn't use cases I can't describe how much more comfortable it is to hold my 7 Plus over my 6s Plus. The way I hold my phone the headphone jack dug into my pinky finger making it uncomfortable to hold for long periods. Holding my phone in my right hand to read articles, a book, long messaging sessions, photo edits, etc. became painful after a few minutes. Now I can hold my phone in a way that feels steady with no fear of dropping without getting a red indentation in my finger.

Any others that go naked feel the same way, or am I just a loon?

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I remember after using my 5s for an extended period of time I would always have an indented circle in my pinky skin lol

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
This is my first iPhone and I find that I can't stand where the lightning port is located. If I have to use the phone while charging, I always use it in portrait orientation and the charging cord is in the way at the bottom.

I'm sure I would feel the same about the headphone jack (if there was one). I never understood why they would put it at the bottom. For those that listen to music regularly with wired headphones when walking around, you would have to put the phone in a pocket upside down. Never made sense to me.

My old Blackberry had the charging port at the side and headphone jack on top and I always felt this was a better configuration.

But then I thought Apple is so successful with their phones that I must be missing something here.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me, comfort without the headphone jack is basically the same with it. I mean, I don't recall it being an nuisance when it was present and I don't see it as one without it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711