Anyone go from matte black to jet black - thoughts? Do you like it better?

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Does the Jet black scratch easily? I change cases often and i dont want to have the sides all scratched up from me pulling cases on and off. i currently have the matte black.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Never thought of getting the matte black. I have the jet black and more often than not, it has no case on it. I own one case, smoke grey apple leather case, and it's only on when I want my phone to look different. It's a phone & it's not as fragile as everyone thinks. Not everyone wants to slap a case on the jet black.

How's the finish holding up?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 7, but from playing with both, I would go with Jet Black because of the grip. I like to go case-less whenever possible, and having that extra grip from the Jet Black is everything. I actually switched to an SE from an iPhone 6 (upgrade anyway) because of how slippery that matte finish is (especially after washing your hands!).

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I handled a Jet Black 7+ at the Best Buy store where I bought my matte black one, and it was very attractive to say the least. But it also saw no reason to buy it because I knew I'd be slapping a case on it, and was waaaaaaaaay too paranoid about dropping my phone to carry it naked. To those not so nervous, more power to ya...but I just couldn't do it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
How's the finish holding up?

Just as beautiful as the day I got it

5d765f56d52cfadb66c9fbe0fb12b19e.jpg

9d3ed1e6ca245271d8d1737f593e7ef5.jpg

bb985e143b84f57e32e3dc705465ff2c.jpg

730dc9c8b6d8b6f2916e00de4e290696.jpg

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com

I'm amazed! The bottom of the phone that is exposed when the Apple case is on doesn't take damage? I am thinking the difficulty of scratching the finish is harder to do without abusing the phone.

Thanks for the pics. I would never have the guts to go case-less.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm amazed! The bottom of the phone that is exposed when the Apple case is on doesn't take damage? I am thinking the difficulty of scratching the finish is harder to do without abusing the phone.

Thanks for the pics. I would never have the guts to go case-less.

The bottom of my phone has never been damaged (knock on wood lol). And I'm not gentle either. Most times, I'm trying to plug the phone up in the dark & still no scratches. It's pretty tough.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
The bottom of my phone has never been damaged (knock on wood lol). And I'm not gentle either. Most times, I'm trying to plug the phone up in the dark & still no scratches. It's pretty tough.

good to know. i currently have one of those slim cases that are open on top and bottom and have noticed the phone is still not scratched. hopefully it stays this way. by your example, it probably will.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

This. I've got the jet black as well and change cases often, but always use an apple leather or silicone case. No noticeable scratches or abrasions in that open area

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
good to know. i currently have one of those slim cases that are open on top and bottom and have noticed the phone is still not scratched. hopefully it stays this way. by your example, it probably will.

You should be just fine. Here are pics of the bottom of both of my devices. The 7 Plus is flawless & my 6S Plus (purchased on launch day) has one scratch below the charging point.

Sorry for the quality....this one was taken with my 6s Plus.
34c95e61013f3d509da9605ec6432610.jpg

ccf2008bab95ac867e20fbb11fc9e644.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I had the 7 black now JB plus, its way nicer imo. Finger prints only neg but worth it, i Use Apple leather case when out, no marks or scratches. I think those scratching up the JB would scratch any phone, or just don't care.
You wouldn't believe what my 18 year old son has done to a black apple leather case unless you saw it, he wouldn't last 5 mins without scratching up a JB phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox