iPhone Users: Tell Me Why I Should Switch to iPhone

nucks26

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently an android user using a Blackberry Priv. It has actually been a solid device, but I'm not 100% sold on Android. I've previously been a blackberry user my whole life, and to have apps on a blackberry was a great feeling. I do love the customization capabilities of Android. However, I'd like to hear first hand from you guys the biggest reasons you use an iPhone over any other device. Perhaps give me a few main features that you love on iOS that may work better than another platform? I'd genuinely like to know! Thanks.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Solid hardware, software updates for almost all devices that aren't under the dictatorship of the carriers, great support from the manufacturer, easy to restore and backup, pretty good operating software, easy to learn to use for the most part, and I'm sure other things that people will fill in.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I had android for years. I was into rooting and flashing Roms etc.

I finally just got to the point in life where I just didn't continually have time to "jack" with it & that is when I made the switch.

Reasons I personally switched is because a lot of my family had apple products and iMessage is excellent for communicating with/in groups, iPhone battery life quite a bit better than my android, when I switched to 6 they finally got a "big enough" screen for me, the camera on iPhones is pretty much second to none, it just WORKS, Apple Store close by so hardware problems can be addressed "immediately"

The list goes on and on. But those are some of the major reasons I jumped shipped. I am not fully vested in apple exp system and have a IPP Pro, IPad mini, 7+, MacBook Pro, airport express etc.
Tons of good reason to switch to iPhone, but it isn't a textbook answer. It really depends on you and your usages.

Tldr; nothing we can tell you should away YOUR decision. Your the one that has to use the device what works for you may not for me and vise versa.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
iOS is rock solid compared to Android, you'll get updates for many years, same apps work better in iOS than in Android, forget about checking battery consumption.

Get only a Plus model (6s+ or 7+) or an iPhone SE as per battery size, performance.

I had an iPhone 6s, but shape and battery were poor, then bought a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, nice but still a bit large, and I was missing iPhone, ended up purchasing the 'perfect' phone.

I'm the proud owner of my 64Gb iPhone SE and yes my hands are big, my fingers thick, and my typing is a flawless experience LOL

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Proud owner of a 7 Plus 256 GB matte black and a SE 64 GB space grey.

I don't know what happened between the Note 7 and now, but I ain't going back.

I wanted a phone that did phone things and came back to Apple after being gone for three years with an unbiased mindset and haven't even had a want to go back to Android. It's an experience you have to try out for yourself and with an open mind. IOS 10 is by far my favorite and I skipped 8 and 9 while on Android.

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It's all about the experience to me. I love iOS. Everything is simple & for the most part works seamlessly. I also really love iMessage & don't know what I would do without it. Apple creates products that (normally) offer a wonderful user experience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When changing from one platform to another, there will be an adjustment period. Having said that, once you've come to terms with the fact that you're not using a Blackberry device, that is when you'll start to appreciate the iPhone for what it is - A well-built device that's easy to use, powerful, well-supported.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I came from several years of being a BlackBerry user. There was a slight learning curve but i adjusted to it within a day or so. iPhones are very well built, iOS is solid and its overall easy to use.

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently an android user using a Blackberry Priv. It has actually been a solid device, but I'm not 100% sold on Android. I've previously been a blackberry user my whole life, and to have apps on a blackberry was a great feeling. I do love the customization capabilities of Android. However, I'd like to hear first hand from you guys the biggest reasons you use an iPhone over any other device. Perhaps give me a few main features that you love on iOS that may work better than another platform? I'd genuinely like to know! Thanks.

Why?

Like being a member on iMore, another way of you showing your superior intellect of others. :)

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Battery life alone is worth the switch. Security, ios updates for almost all devices day of release, Apple pay is great in my opinion. Seamless integration with iPad and Mac if those apply. FaceTime and I message are great. I think it's not one or two things but the entire package that works so well for the iPhone.

nucks26

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all your responses so far! I think Imessage is certainly a great selling feature for the iPhone. I have many family members using iPhones also and I must admit, Imessage is fantastic.

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Recently I have moved to iphone 7 from Priv. Exactly, I was also hard core user of BB but no option but to go for iphone. Blackberry & Android has been very very complex integration. Priv as device, it was very solid but android integration was very bad. Though, I miss emails of BB but quite satisfied with iphone on battery and smoothness of OS.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an Apple salesman, I have no dog in this fight. In the grand scheme of things it really makes no difference what cellphone you use. Be an adult and decide for yourself ...

JamiePreston

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
THE EXPERIENCE to me It's all about that. I love iOS. Because every single thing is simple and easy, for the most part works seamlessly. I'm not an Apple salesman but Apple creates products that offer a wonderful user experience.

chad_winker

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
You should switch to iphone since it is better in so many ways first is the quality how ios strictly stickly uses its hardware for the specific device like force touch second apps it has a wide support for apps from old to new and it handles better no lags in so many ways it is better so switch now!

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Windows Mobile for years. Went to Android for a year or so; came back to Windows mobile. Family all have iPhones so decided to try and see what the other side of the fence looked like. Bought iPhone 6s Plus (love big phones) and now have been using it for 3 weeks.

1. It works; no matter the situation I am under, it works.

2. Smooth transition from Windows tiles to Apple Icones.

3. iMessage

4. iTures and the simplicity of backup and restore.

5. Tons of apps which are not available on Windows Mobile.

If I were to compare the all around positives of the three major OS's, I would rate them IOS & Windows Mobile with Android a distant third.

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I used all three mobile operating systems. iOS, Android and Windows Mobile 10. I prefer iOS mainly for two reasons: consistent and timely software updates, and battery life. My first Apple device that I purchased was an iPhone 6s, and I am now on an iPhone 7+. I love the customization options on WinOS, and Android but there are still a lot of issues I have with how they use battery and memory resources. Windows is buggy and Android battery life is notorious, at least in my case. It also needs a lot of RAM so I've seen devices run flawless and then after a few years it's not uncommon for them to run poorly over time. iOS simply works and works well on most devices it's on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods