As a longtime BlackBerry user I never tried Android ,never cared to came straight to Apple and I am completely satisfied finally getting frequent updates directly from manufacturer no more waiting for buggy updates from carrier all my family and friends use Apple and this makes messaging a lot easier I purchased a 6s in march and it has performed flawlessly .
    cwbcpa likes this.
    12-22-2016 05:30 AM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I would say the Apple Store. I had a note 3 and had to get refurbished from an At&t store. A few days later I was still having a problem. At least with apple you get good service and parts. Hope this helps.

Plus all your devices if their apple will sync together.
    This is a big one for me too. I have been pretty fortunate with my phones, but having access to the Apple Store or even Apple's customer service online or on the phone is huge. I have had nothing but good experiences with Apple's service.
    12-22-2016 01:22 PM
    Being a Blackberry user and iPhone owner I can honestly say the iPhone is a better working device with little or no glitches. As I type this on my Priv in the long run stick with works best for you.
    12-22-2016 09:48 PM
    well, you don't see the government making a big stink about not being able to hack into an android device. just saying.
    OptiPrime likes this.
    12-23-2016 02:35 PM
    In my opinion no one can make the decision except yourself. What you need in a smart phone won't be the same as someone else needs.
    12-23-2016 02:47 PM
    Don't do it,it's a trap.😱
    Dukins likes this.
    12-23-2016 05:54 PM
    Coming from an 8+ year Android user: it's just better. Whether or not you're ready to realize that is up to you.
    Dukins and trparky like this.
    12-23-2016 11:11 PM
    I've had them all. Started off with a Palm Treo. I've had BlackBerry, first generation iPhone and Android, had a Palm Pre that I loved, back to iPhone and androids. I've just returned to iPhones. My last Android was a Nexus 6. I got tired of the non Nexus phones long lag in receiving the latest Android updates. Every time a new versions came out my non Nexus phone was just updating to the previous version that was going to the Nexus phones. They were also dog slow after a year. Nothing would help it. The straw that broke the camel's back was when my Nexus had wait for the update to Marshmallow. My son has a Nexus 5x and his updated more than a month before I got the download. And my Nexus was getting very slow. Forget about taking pictures if you needed it quickly. The app would crash half the time and the other half it would take almost a minute processing the pic before you could take another one. And this was with the supposed bad arise processor. I had an iPhone 5s in between my androids but left due to the lack of apps I used on android. My daughter was bugging me for weeks about getting an iPhone. I kept on telling her no. We were an android family and we were going to stay that way. Everyone else was iPhones though. Her boy friend, her future step sister, her grandparents. We were the lone island of Android. Her phone was getting slow too so she was due for one. There wasn't much to choose from. The Note was gone and although the LG phone looked good, I was leery of it bogging down after a year. I got her the iPhone. As I was in the AT&T store checking out the phones I decided to look up what apps they had. I typed in Amazon. Lo and behold the first hit was Amazon Music, second was Amazon Prime. What the heck is Apple doing I thought. I searched Google also and bam, all the Google apps are there. Apple has opened up it's walled garden and allowed the competition in. On the outside it looks like a poor business decision as it would take away sales from iTunes. Upon further review it's actually a stroke of genius. They increase their customer base by letting those services in but the same time denying their services(iMessage) to the Google app store. So I decided to take the plunge and got a 7 plus in the matte black finish. I do look forward to the timely updates and having fast phone again. For a while it looked like android was going to drown Apple. But Apple kept on top and is now, at least for this long time hardened Android veteran, a far superior product. If I was the OP you know what I'd do. So just go ahead and do it.
    LDYNREDD and Wildo6882 like this.
    12-24-2016 01:18 AM
    I love the worry free operation of it. I used to be into customizing everything with windows but that often meant that the comp wouldn't perform well due to user error and the fact that I always wanted every feature on. With iPhone I can have every feature and i am not afraid to mess something up
    12-26-2016 10:26 AM
    I'm currently an android user using a Blackberry Priv. It has actually been a solid device, but I'm not 100% sold on Android. I've previously been a blackberry user my whole life, and to have apps on a blackberry was a great feeling. I do love the customization capabilities of Android. However, I'd like to hear first hand from you guys the biggest reasons you use an iPhone over any other device. Perhaps give me a few main features that you love on iOS that may work better than another platform? I'd genuinely like to know! Thanks.
    Don't do it. Run far away. I have a 6s and have nothing but problems. This is my second one and it's nothing but aggravation. The issues I have are
    1) Volume cuts out whenever it wants
    2) alarm doesn't always ring, made me late for work on several occasions and had to go buy an alarm clock
    3) apps open and close when they want
    4) screen locks up for no reason
    5) consistently have to reboot
    6) touch screen doesn't always respond

The rest of my family have Motorola turbos, 4 to be exact, and have had no problems at all. I want to switch to a droid but the owner of the property I work at purchased it for me so I don't want to offend him.
    12-27-2016 01:15 PM
    iTunes. Backups and restores are as simple as a button click. EVERYTHING gets backed up, the app locations, passwords, everything. And I mean everything. And when you buy a movie or something from iTunes, you own a downloaded copy. Google provides nothing like this.

Oh, and you get updates. I got a 100 that says an iPhone 5c will get iOS 11. The 5c is what now, 4 years old?
    I liked your post. If I could give you multiple "likes" I would! The guaranteed updates alone are very much worth the admission price into the Apple iPhone ecosystem.

It doesn't matter where you are in the world or who your carrier is, you will get iOS updates the same day that everyone across the world gets it. No waiting for your carrier to decide to push the update or deal with a carrier who doesn't want to push it because they'd rather you hand over your hard earned cash to buy a new phone instead. You get none of that! You get guaranteed updates with an iPhone!
    bcandiolo, ctt1wbw and jdfry15 like this.
    12-27-2016 04:30 PM
    Don't do it. Run far away. I have a 6s and have nothing but problems. This is my second one and it's nothing but aggravation. The issues I have are
    1) Volume cuts out whenever it wants
    2) alarm doesn't always ring, made me late for work on several occasions and had to go buy an alarm clock
    3) apps open and close when they want
    4) screen locks up for no reason
    5) consistently have to reboot
    6) touch screen doesn't always respond

The rest of my family have Motorola turbos, 4 to be exact, and have had no problems at all. I want to switch to a droid but the owner of the property I work at purchased it for me so I don't want to offend him.
    What you are describing is not the norm, and therefore, I recommend you restore your device and set it up as new.
    12-27-2016 06:35 PM
    I have several times. Received a replacement and still have issues. My second phone is better but it's still a pain. Since original post had to be rebooted twice as audio dropped out. That's not worth me keeping it. It's like saying that this car that doesn't run has a nice stereo.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 12-27-2016 at 07:16 PM.
    12-27-2016 07:02 PM
    I have several times. Received a replacement and still have issues. My second phone is better but it's still a pain. Since original post had to be rebooted twice as audio dropped out. That's not worth me keeping it. It's like saying that this car that doesn't run has a nice stereo.
    I'm sorry you've had problems with the iPhones you've owned. Having said that, go ahead and get the device you want and be happy. Take care.
    12-27-2016 07:18 PM
    I used to be a phone junky. I used Blackberry, Android. Windows Phone, and iPhones simultaneously on separate lines.
    I don't want to think how much money I wasted through the years.
    Lately I've gotten involved in my other hobbies and other parts of my life that have got nothing to do with tech.
    The only phone I use now is my iPhone. I dumped everything else.
    AND I FEEL FREE!!!!!!! Everything works, no drama, no phones rebooting or crashing.
    Reliable, trustworthy, streamlined, knowing I've got world class support from Apple if I ever need it. All I want and use is easily accessible.
    That's why I've dropped everything else. Because.....wait for it.....wait for it.....
    IT.JUST.WORKS.
    taz323, cwbcpa, bcandiolo and 3 others like this.
    12-30-2016 05:19 AM
65 123