Stable, matured OS, no app crashes, reliable battery, super awesome camera and excellent support from apple are a few things on the top of my mind.

I have both Android -personal (One plus 3) and Iphone - work ( iphone6).
    Battery drains faster on OP3 ( charges super fast with dash charge ) but iphone's battery is dependable.
    Apps run smoothly on iphone, call quality is great...
    It all comes down to your personal choice- what do you want/need.

You cannot go wrong with iphone
    11-29-2016 08:40 PM
    I have to agree with what others have been saying. The hardware is the best of any phone I have every had. I have switched between iOS and android a few times just to make sure I am still with the right phone, and I won't switch back to android now. I have had too many android phones with faulty hardware, and they just get so bogged down so quickly. Of the various iPhones I have had, none of them have had these problems.
    bcandiolo likes this.
    11-30-2016 01:14 AM
    iPhones are generally faster compared to android phones. even the older models(not too old). And app switching is a breeze compared to android phones. iOS is slowly gearing towards customisation. Apps designed for iOS are far better compared to android even Google apps. Google has a number of apps which are present on iOS but not android(talk about supporting its own software !) If you are fan of games, then iOS handles them way better than android. I have both an iPhone 6 and Samsung S6, and overall if i had to select i would go for the iPhone 6, but the camera software in iOS is slowly matching upto the iOS .
    If you were to choose between iPhone 7 and Pixel, then it would be tough call, but i would go with iPhone 7. Hope it helps.
    11-30-2016 01:30 AM
    iTunes and iMessage, that is if you have a Mac, are the main reasons. Google's backup services suck, I don't care what you say. I've had about 3 or 4 different Android phones and a Nexus 7, and it sucks, pure and simple. It's awful.

Google hasn't got a CLUE how to do messaging. NOT A CLUE. NOT A CLUE. If you want some tiny stupid robots to play with on the ping pong table, Google is good. But if you want something that does 1 tenth of one percent what iMessage can do, you are SOL. Up that river without a paddle.

iTunes. Backups and restores are as simple as a button click. EVERYTHING gets backed up, the app locations, passwords, everything. And I mean everything. And when you buy a movie or something from iTunes, you own a downloaded copy. Google provides nothing like this.

Oh, and you get updates. I got a 100 that says an iPhone 5c will get iOS 11. The 5c is what now, 4 years old?

The only thing I miss on Android are the twitter and reddit clients. Every one of them is vastly superior to anything on iOS. You gotta admit, Flamingo is virtually unbeatable in the twitter client world. I wish that was on iOS.
    Regarding twitter clients have you tired Tweetbot? I think it's one of the best on iOS.
    OptiPrime likes this.
    11-30-2016 04:53 AM
    I'll be the first to admit that when it comes to phones, I'm not tech savvy. I chose not to buy a phone until I was eighteen, so I was way behind compared to other people my age. The first phone I bought was an Android one, and for one year I used it like a phone and nothing else. I didn't know how to use the majority of the functions of the phone, and after that I got an iPhone 6 Plus. I've been using that without any problems, and using it to the full extent. Apple iOS, for me, is much simpler to use. Android probably has most, if not all, of the functions of the iPhone, but Android phones for me are harder to understand.

Also, I love the build of the iPhone. Yeah, half of the people I know use iPhones with broken displays. I dropped my iPhone from a height of eight feet, the display broke, but the phone worked perfectly. All I needed was to get the display fixed. I love that they're so sturdy.

Third thing, I prefer the displays on Apple products compared to their Android or PC counterparts. Always have. The specs might be less on an iPhone, but that's misleading because whatever iPhone you buy the display quality is always awesome (from my experience).

Camera-wise, Android offers way more options and often a much higher megapixel. But iPhone has a good camera and definitely meets most of the demands most people have for their phone cameras.

For me, the biggest issue is the cost. In the US, I understand you can get a carrier-plan and the phone together which reduces the cost. It's not the same in India. We have to buy the phone outright, that's usually upwards of $500. Pricey. Considering, though, how well the iPhone has worked for me, I would say it's definitely worth the cost.
    11-30-2016 05:26 AM
    I started with just an iPhone (3G) years ago and liked more than any other phone I had before. But with that said there is some great Android phones out there. The deciding factor for me was the entire Apple ecosystem. You get regular updates (security & functional) without being at the mercy of your carrier. The Android phone companies really don't make more money from you unless you get a new phone so they are not motivated to push updates through the carriers. Apple seems to want you to love the experience of having the iPhone (so that you will buy more latter of course). But they are taking the long view. They sell you an iPhone and maybe you will like it and the service so much you decide to get an iPad or a MacBook. You will find that all the Apple products work well alone but have a synergy when working together that cannot be matched by any other vendor. Now we have four iPhones (my wife loved mine so much she had to get one) and my two girls have our old iPhones. We also have an Apple TV, iPad, and two MacBook Pros. I highly recommend the iPhone for the quality of the device and the support you can get from Apple.
    11-30-2016 06:47 AM
    The camera on the 7+ is one reason. It takes incredible low light photos and the new bokeh feature is awesome. The seamless integration of iOS with the hardware is another. The thing just works! They're also the best looking phones on the market!
    11-30-2016 07:18 AM
    One thing I miss from BlackBerry and Android was the Hub. The email apps on the App Store don't come close to the Hub. IMO

All other aspects and functions of Apple and iOs are great and top notch compared to anything else. Not regretting my switch from Android to iPhone at all.
    MeridianSun likes this.
    11-30-2016 07:48 AM
    The perfection that you will find in iPhone will never find in other phone
    11-30-2016 12:17 PM
    iPhone is = to iPhone
    11-30-2016 12:56 PM
    I'm not an Apple salesman, I have no dog in this fight. In the grand scheme of things it really makes no difference what cellphone you use. Be an adult and decide for yourself ...
    There is always one of you. Someone looking for reasons to switch and you say, Make up your own mind. BRILLIANT!!! JUST BRILLIANT I SAY!! lol
    11-30-2016 01:02 PM
    There is always one of you. Someone looking for reasons to switch and you say, Make up your own mind. BRILLIANT!!! JUST BRILLIANT I SAY!! lol
    If you need a total stranger to tell you what you want in a cellphone, then you're too dumb to figure out how to use the thing.
    BreakingKayfabe and iamdld like this.
    11-30-2016 01:12 PM
    If you need a total stranger to tell you what you want in a cellphone, then you're too dumb to figure out how to use the thing.
    He didnt ask anyone to tell us what he wants. He wrote "However, I'd like to hear first hand from you guys the biggest reasons you use an iPhone over any other device. Perhaps give me a few main features that you love on iOS that may work better than another platform?" Sometimes you run into people who are to dumb to read. LOL.
    Wildo6882, DMP89145 and Aubbre4 like this.
    11-30-2016 01:49 PM
    I think the first answers are pretty good, but in fact there is no reason for you to change, it's simply if it fits you, it's for you.

Maybe you want something to do some basic stuff and don't want to set up a single thing, maybe you like to customize everything.

It's like saying a Ferrari is the best for you and your house is in a rocky mountain without roads and crossing two rivers, you will actually enjoy more having a truck.

If you can, try it first and see how easy or hard the change is and then decide.
    Last edited by Chemy JMHT; 12-13-2016 at 10:19 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-2016 02:02 PM
    He didnt ask anyone to tell us what he wants. He wrote "However, I'd like to hear first hand from you guys the biggest reasons you use an iPhone over any other device. Perhaps give me a few main features that you love on iOS that may work better than another platform?" Sometimes you run into people who are to dumb to read. LOL.
    To be fair, the thread question asks, "Tell me why I should switch to iPhone?" I'm one of those people who will advise the person asking a question like that to decide for themselves because all I can do is tell him or her why "I" like using the iPhone. Yet, that doesn't mean he or she will appreciate the device in the same manner as I do and therefore, he or she should go to an Apple Store, Best Buy, a Wireless Carrier Store, etc., handle the iPhone for a bit and then decide for him or herself. That is about as logical of an answer one can give, in my opinion.
    11-30-2016 02:06 PM
    I initially wrote this post on Crackberry on a post about iPhone/iOS, then I posted it here in another thread, and I'll post it again. These are my reasons:

This is anecdotal, because it's just my experience, but...

I got my first iPhone last year on launch day (Sept 25th) after using Sidekick, BlackBerry, and Android up until that point. For nearly an entire year I used it thinking it was a great phone but not really anything that special. Then something occurred to me. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I can't even count how many warranty replacements of various phones I've had throughout the years. It seems like after a few months SOMETHING would go wrong with nearly every phone I've ever had, whether it was random battery drains (LG G2), random glitches (like the Sony Xperia Z erasing my memory cards), GPS refusing to hold a lock while in motion (Samsung Note 4), horrible lag (HTC Sensation), bad light bleed at the bottom of the phone (HTC Amaze), creaking bezel and wobbly trackpad (BlackBerry 9700), etc. But everything works on my 6s+ as it did the day I got it.

Then the Note 7 caught my eye and I picked one of those up the week it launched. It was an AWESOME phone. It was like they ironed out all the kinks that I experienced on my Note 4. However, I noticed something interesting that I hadn't noticed when I initially switched to iPhone. The apps on Android aren't as robust as their iPhone counterparts. I noticed several featured missing in the apps I used daily that I had taken for granted. These features made the iOS app easier to use for me, and I don't really understand why they aren't included on the Android version. Well, we all knew what happened with the Note 7 lol, and back onto my 6s+ I went, and I did so with a new appreciation for the phone. I just placed an order for an iPhone 7+, as well.

Are there things that I wish iOS did differently? Sure. The biggest perk of Android is customization, and I definitely don't have much ability to do so on iOS. But, that's something I can live without to get everything else that the iPhone offers.

Edited to add: Another thing about the iPhone that I REALLY appreciate is timely OS updates. No more waiting for my carrier to pick through an update before sending it out to customers.
    jdfry15, Just_Me_D, cwbcpa and 3 others like this.
    11-30-2016 03:34 PM
    I initially wrote this post on Crackberry on a post about iPhone/iOS, then I posted it here in another thread, and I'll post it again. These are my reasons:

This is anecdotal, because it's just my experience, but...

I got my first iPhone last year on launch day (Sept 25th) after using Sidekick, BlackBerry, and Android up until that point. For nearly an entire year I used it thinking it was a great phone but not really anything that special. Then something occurred to me. I have had absolutely no problems with it. I can't even count how many warranty replacements of various phones I've had throughout the years. It seems like after a few months SOMETHING would go wrong with nearly every phone I've ever had, whether it was random battery drains (LG G2), random glitches (like the Sony Xperia Z erasing my memory cards), GPS refusing to hold a lock while in motion (Samsung Note 4), horrible lag (HTC Sensation), bad light bleed at the bottom of the phone (HTC Amaze), creaking bezel and wobbly trackpad (BlackBerry 9700), etc. But everything works on my 6s+ as it did the day I got it.

Then the Note 7 caught my eye and I picked one of those up the week it launched. It was an AWESOME phone. It was like they ironed out all the kinks that I experienced on my Note 4. However, I noticed something interesting that I hadn't noticed when I initially switched to iPhone. The apps on Android aren't as robust as their iPhone counterparts. I noticed several featured missing in the apps I used daily that I had taken for granted. These features made the iOS app easier to use for me, and I don't really understand why they aren't included on the Android version. Well, we all knew what happened with the Note 7 lol, and back onto my 6s+ I went, and I did so with a new appreciation for the phone. I just placed an order for an iPhone 7+, as well.

Are there things that I wish iOS did differently? Sure. The biggest perk of Android is customization, and I definitely don't have much ability to do so on iOS. But, that's something I can live without to get everything else that the iPhone offers.

Edited to add: Another thing about the iPhone that I REALLY appreciate is timely OS updates. No more waiting for my carrier to pick through an update before sending it out to customers.
    I've noticed the difference in apps as well. I've even emailed developers about the lack of functionality on Android.

Another thing I've noticed on iOS vs. Android is consistency within apps. Almost every app I use follows Apple guidelines for design. That means that all apps have the same basic control scheme and UI. On Android some of my apps follow Material guidelines, some don't. Some look like Kit Kat, some look like Marshmallow, and very few follow Nougat's feature set. I will admit I like Material Design over iOS's design choices, but at least on iOS everything is consistent.
    11-30-2016 04:54 PM
    You have a Priv. That should be reason enough to switch over to iPhone. :P

In all seriousness, the iPhone 7 Plus has so much better hardware specs than the Priv, including: better cameras, IP67 rating, stereo speakers, better build quality, fingerprint sensor...I could go on and on.
    11-30-2016 10:34 PM
    Thanks for all your responses so far! I think Imessage is certainly a great selling feature for the iPhone. I have many family members using iPhones also and I must admit, Imessage is fantastic.
    It is interesting, but not too long ago BB messenger was that messaging device that everyone was using and stopped people from leaving BB.
    OptiPrime likes this.
    12-01-2016 01:23 AM
    I've noticed the difference in apps as well. I've even emailed developers about the lack of functionality on Android.

Another thing I've noticed on iOS vs. Android is consistency within apps. Almost every app I use follows Apple guidelines for design. That means that all apps have the same basic control scheme and UI. On Android some of my apps follow Material guidelines, some don't. Some look like Kit Kat, some look like Marshmallow, and very few follow Nougat's feature set. I will admit I like Material Design over iOS's design choices, but at least on iOS everything is consistent.
    Fair point. It's getting better on Android, but I agree with the consistency aspect.
    12-01-2016 03:21 AM
    I don't think that ios is less buggy than android. Ios is actually as buggy as android imo. I have used android for 6 years and i feel like there are some things that ios can and android can't, vice versa.

Tl;dr: iOS is comparable to android these few years. Depends on your ecosystem of choice really.
    12-01-2016 04:29 AM
    I started with BlackBerry then went to Android for the longest time while I hated Apple's "You don't know what you like, we'll tell you what you like" phase. Now that I see them really listening to their customers and doing what they've always done great in software and hardware, I made the jump. I have to say that I love it. Funny now that people that know me don't believe that I made the switch. I'd say give it a try, you may find that you really like it.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    12-01-2016 07:20 PM
    My favorite part of owning Apple devices is the ecosystem. I love that my photos, apps, podcasts, ebooks, and music are all available on all of my devices. I can buy a movie on my Mac and watch it on my Apple TV. I don't have to download anything. It's just there. When I discover a new band while using Apple Music on my iPad, I can add it to my library and it will be on my iPhone, where I can download it and listen offline. My partner has an iPhone and we can share content, too. When I buy an app, he can use it on his iPhone without having to pay for it. Of course, this means you'd have to invest in the Apple ecosystem. But, if you do switch to iPhone, it'll just be a matter of time before you start wanting all of the other Apple products, too.
    12-02-2016 11:05 AM
    I actually went from Blackberry to iPhone. Dabble with android here and there but always end up back on iPhone. It's a solid phone and works when I need it to. My main pull away from android usually were issues with GPS and call quality and I use both a lot (granted I always went Samsung and I suspect that's my issue).
    12-06-2016 07:48 PM
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I would say the Apple Store. I had a note 3 and had to get refurbished from an At&t store. A few days later I was still having a problem. At least with apple you get good service and parts. Hope this helps.

Plus all your devices if their apple will sync together.
    12-07-2016 10:42 AM
65 123