As a male, am I the only one who likes the white faced iPhones?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is more of a discussion. I hope it doesn't get out of hand.

I got myself the matte black 7Plus around launch. Have been using it daily and love it, however I have seeming to be miss the white/silver combo I have used since the 4s. I don't know what it is, but I love the white faces iPhone. Am I the only guy who does? I say male because I see and know a lot of females whether they be family, friends, or just random walkers I see with the white faced iPhones.

So I went and did what any rational person would do and picked up a white/silver 7Plus and gave my black 7 plus to my mother.

Sher the love

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Being male, years ago I thought white phones were more "girly" but not necessarily FOR girls. Now, I don't really care or think it makes a difference. Just get whatever you like.

However, I'm still not a fan of white faces because if I find the white border a little distracting when looking at the screen, but I do find them nice looking when not actually using (that's just me). Additionally, I feel like black phones look a bit more professional, depending on where you work.

shaw1234

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Joking aside, I had a white Galaxy S4 and S6 before going to a black iPhone 7 plus. And I'm certainly male, wife, 3 kids. Pick what you like no worries.
However, my wife always prefers white (and now rose gold).

Last edited by a moderator:

Quang Tran3

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Lol I get black phones then put white fronts on them. If I can replace the screen, I do. Or I put the white Moshi full screen protectors on.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Joking aside, I had a white Galaxy S4 and S6 before going to a black iPhone 7 plus. And I'm certainly male, wife, 3 kids. Pick what you like no worries.
However, my wife always prefers white (and now rose gold).

Dam...my wife has got some explaining to do if I'm gay. Lmfao.

I don't know why but the white faces are just nice. 1st world problems I guess. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DerKane

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Nah I've had 2 white and silver, like them because they're cleaner and have more detail than the darker coloured ones.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I had a white iPhone 4 and really liked it at first. Over time though I got kinda tired of it. For me, the darker colors look more sleek. I couldn't care less about whether a color seems more feminine or less masculine though. I just buy what I like. My favorite sneakers are a pair of Puma Trinomics that are black and teal with pink accents. Doesn't bother me one bit those aren't traditional masculine colors.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, get the phone that you like. If you have to worry about if it makes you look effeminate or not masculine, then it's time to grow up. I know a lot of guys with white facing phones, that's the last thing on their minds. I personally always get black facing since they look a bit more sleek,i got a white s3 once, for a change of color, and always had regretted it. The white does look good I think, but I personally prefer the black for myself.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have had the white phones for years. Always thought they were so elegant looking. This time I went with matte black namely because I had a gold iPhone 6s Plus before I upgraded. I knew if I ordered another gold I would have thought that the upgrade would have been a waste of money. Also I wanted to try out a different color. Will probably go with the white next time unless they come out with a blue color then I will get that one.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a male friend with a white faced 5S and a white Lifeproof case because it reminds him of snow, and he's a tele skier. We only get snow 3-4 months a year so let the guy pine with his iPhone. He's also the biggest iSheep I know.

P.S. He's still one of the manliest men I know. Don't sweat the small crap.

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You're not the only one. I am sporting the gold iPhones for years now. First a 5S, then briefly an iPhone 6 and now a iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold. Before that I had a 4S with white backplate.

I just don't like the monotonous looks of black bezels with a black screen.
Even the matte and the jet couldn't change my opinion about that.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Well my dilemma is that I hate the white faces, because when I'm watching something they seem so distracting and at the same time I always notice a small black bar around the display (It's not easy to notice but I always do), but in the other hand I love the colours, specially the gold... I wish they made a version with black borders but ohh well...

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't find the white face distracting at all, but that's personal, I guess.
That black tiny bar is there but also not distracting. Maybe because I don't pay that much attention to those edges.

Your best option at this moment is to scour the internet or shops in your location to see if there are any nice gold cases for your phone.

Last edited:

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm enjoying having a white face on my phone. Almost all my other phones have had the black front, so it is nice having something different.

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think white or black are really masculine or feminine. I'm a woman and just love the sleekness of a black phone, most of wardrobe is made up of black staple pieces as well though.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I got a white 4s because it was different, then went to a black 5s and black 6. Back to white when I went to a 6+. Even rocked a rose gold 6s+ for a year because I got impatient and had to have it now. Hahaha. I'm comfortable with my sexuality, I guess you could say.
Having had all the colors, I am happy with either one but I have found that I prefer the white faced phones. Now on a gold 7 plus.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm a male and prefer the black faceplate. Not because I think the white one is "girly" but because I find the white faceplate very distracting.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, get the phone that you like. If you have to worry about if it makes you look effeminate or not masculine, then it's time to grow up. I know a lot of guys with white facing phones, that's the last thing on their minds. I personally always get black facing since they look a bit more sleek,i got a white s3 once, for a change of color, and always had regretted it. The white does look good I think, but I personally prefer the black for myself.

I hope you didn't think I was coming here for reassurance as I could give no f****s on who think white is feminine or masculine. I was just seeing if any other males prefer white phones. I would never ask an online forum which to get.

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I hope you didn't think I was coming here for reassurance as I could give no f****s on who think white is feminine or masculine. I was just seeing if any other males prefer white phones. I would never ask an online forum which to get.

That wasn't directed at you, lol. Sorry if it came across, I see alot of people on forums worrying about silly stuff, especially phones, but apologies if it looked like I was attacking you.