How many are really stoked about their 7 Plus...more than they thought they'd be?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So I went from a 6S to a Samsung J7 to an SE to an iPhone 7 plus all within a couple of months. I have to say that I am totally in love and can't believe I passed on the Plus size in previous models.

golfinggod

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
SO stoked. Picking mine up over the weekend and can't wait to finally put this 6 on fleebay. I sold my barely used iPad a few months back so I'm excited to see how this works as a compromise.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for over a month now and I'm still giddy about it, so that's saying a lot for someone who honeymoons and dumps all her phones.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Totally stoked - especially considering hub and I weren't even planning on getting them and were going to wait for next year's iteration! But two jet black 256gb were available immdiately so we bought them and are so happy we did!

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I am. I purchased a Google Pixel last week because I missed Android and I wanted a smaller phone. I'm glad I didn't keep the Pixel and that I kept my iPhone 7 Plus because of several reasons. First, the camera on the Pixel. It took great pictures most of the time, but if there was any bright light within the field of view, it caused a lens flare in the photo. I couldn't handle that because I am not J.J. Abrams. Another thing about the Pixel I did not like was the battery life. Yeah, it lasted a full day, but just barely. My 7+ can last two full days on a single charge and I really love that. I'm working on the road this week somewhere in South Dakota (god help me) and it's been a rain/snow mixture outside since I came here on Monday. The Pixel has terrible water resistance. I can take out my 7+ during precipitation and I don't have to worry about it getting ruined from the rain or snow. Other things that make the 7+ better than the Pixel: stereo speakers, better build quality, and brighter display outdoors. I really didn't want to like my iPhone 7 Plus, but after using what's supposed to be Android's best phone yet, I was glad I stuck with the iPhone 7 Plus. There's no compromise when using the 7+ when compared to the Pixel. If I had decided to keep the Pixel, there would've been way too much compromise.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's growing on me. My 6S Plus was super but we shuffled phones with kids and the 7 Plus is here now.

The camera (really cameras) is plenty reason for some excitement. I suppose the water resistance is a good reason but I'm not testing that like I am the cameras.

I do have a totally first world problem where I liked the white 6S plus and got black (kids' and wife's wish). It's growing on me.

:)

P.S. It does seem like I'm getting the better battery life 7 Plus should have but the Lirium app did show my 6S Plus batter as not so new anymore.

dafmay

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Bought my iPhone 7 plus on a complete whim, just to try out iOS as long time Android user. Got the jet black 256gb version. I couldn't be more impressed! Build quality, great feel in the hand, very much not slippery. It's blazing fast, battery life is just insane, the screen quality is excellent due to more true colours, camera is superb, as are the stereo speakers.

It's a keeper :)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'd say stoked. If I'm being honest....it is EXACTLY like my 6S. Well...there is one difference and that's the battery life. But aside from that...it offers no change. So I can't really be stoked about an experience I've had for the last few years. But the battery is definitely a welcomed bonus.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the 7 Plus gets enough credit for how good it is. I was as guilty as anyone of dismissing the phone as a filler until next year. Now that I have used it for over a month I really appreciate the refinements that Apple has made. The speakers are really improved and appreciated. The cameras are really nice. I am still learning to take advantage of all they can do, but I have been impressed. I didn't think that I would like it but, the home button is so much better than the old one. The phone itself feel better somehow. I don't know what it is, but as good as the 6s felt, the 7 feels a little better especially the volume and power buttons. It's great to have the water resistance as well. Finally while performance isn't a huge improvement, I do notice it. Oh and the fact that I have a solid black phone is just icing on the cake. So yeah, I guess I would say that my expectations were exceeded.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The stoked has built or continued. With Camera+ update today I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a trip coming up with no traditional camera.

Anyone who enjoys or appreciates photography has good reason to go for the 7 Plus.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The main reason I purchased this phone was because of the crappy pictures my Blackberry took.

I was debating buying a dslr camera but my gut was telling me that "the best camera is the one you have with you" and I always have my phone with me.

I have not had the opportunity to take many pictures yet but the few I have taken are great. So I am thrilled with the phone so far.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm still very happy with mine...and I'm really shocked at how it just doesn't feel "big" to me any more at all. I don't even notice it, seriously. I wish I'd given the 6s+ a longer opportunity now, but I'm glad I decided to get the 7+.

If the iPhone 8 (or whatever they call it) keeps the same screen size, but trims off a little of the "fat" that the upper and lower bezels bring, it'll be a perfect size IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal