I have an iPhone 6 Plus and my Apple ID has Two-Factor Authentication enabled on it. Should I disable Two-Factor Authentication before getting the new phone so I don't end up locking myself out of my own account?
    11-17-2016 10:48 AM
    Do you have an iPad?
    11-17-2016 10:53 AM
    Waiting for my new iPhone 7 plus, this is an interesting question...

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-17-2016 10:59 AM
    I had a 5s with 2-factor authentication on when I bought my 7+, had not issues with it. Why/how would you lock yourself out of your account?
    11-17-2016 11:12 AM
    No, I don't have any other Apple devices here. Why I am asking is because the last time I logged into my iCloud account on a new computer it asked me to enter my iCloud password on my iPhone 6 Plus but if I am trading my old iPhone 6 Plus in for a new iPhone 7 Plus I won't have my old device to enter my password in thus I would be locked out my account.

Does this make any sense?
    11-17-2016 12:09 PM
    Where are you trading the phone in at? Is it at the same time you are purchasing?
    11-17-2016 12:27 PM
    Yes, I'm trading it in at the same time I am purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus. I plan on going into the Apple Store, trading in the iPhone 6 Plus under the Apple Trade-In Program, and getting the new iPhone 7 Plus under the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program.
    11-17-2016 12:32 PM
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

There are 2 good sections you should read regarding not having a trusted device. Short story, you can have it sent to your phone number.

My questions above relate to asking whoever it is you are trading in to will allow you to activate your 7 prior to removing your info from the 6s so that you can get the verification code first then do the wipe and hand over the phone.
    11-17-2016 12:33 PM
    Yes, I'm trading it in at the same time I am purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus. I plan on going into the Apple Store, trading in the iPhone 6 Plus under the Apple Trade-In Program, and getting the new iPhone 7 Plus under the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program.
    If this is the case they will help you through the whole process. No need to really worry about it until then. Just don't wipe your 6s yet until it's all settled.
    Annie_i6s likes this.
    11-17-2016 12:35 PM
    One of the options to receive your code will be an SMS message to the phone number associated with the account. You'll be fine.
    rdstryr and serglb like this.
    11-17-2016 01:07 PM
    But why did my iPhone ask for my iCloud password when I tried to log into iCloud on a computer? I'm assuming that I'm going to need to do the same thing when the new iPhone is activated on my iCloud account.
    11-17-2016 02:13 PM
    I've never had it ask me for my password on my phone when I logged into iCloud on a computer. I've been sent the verification code so I could enter that on the computer. Is that what you mean?
    11-17-2016 04:04 PM
    Nope, it asked for the password on my iPhone while the iCloud login window on the computer sat there waiting for verification. Only after I put my password in that the verification screen on the computer go away and finish the login process.
    11-17-2016 04:05 PM
    Nope, it asked for the password on my iPhone while the iCloud login window on the computer sat there waiting for verification. Only after I put my password in that the verification screen on the computer go away and finish the login process.
    Sounds like your phone was logged out of iCloud then. Was this immediately after you turned on 2FA?
    11-17-2016 04:08 PM
    One of the options to receive your code will be an SMS message to the phone number associated with the account. You'll be fine.
    This is what I did; before setting up my new phone completely, I put the sim in it with my number and have an SMS sent to my phone.
    11-17-2016 08:12 PM
    Even the Apple Store representative told me to disable Two-Factor Authentication while swapping the device, so I did that. The transition from my older iPhone 6 Plus to my new iPhone 7 Plus went... well, it had some issues.

I did a full iTunes Backup of my old phone and made sure that I had all my apps that I use on my computer in my iTunes library. The restore seemed to go right but several apps didn't get restored, I had to re-download them from the store. Still getting used to the new Home Button, the fact that it doesn't move is really strange.
    11-19-2016 11:21 AM
    Still getting used to the new Home Button, the fact that it doesn't move is really strange.
    The home button is my favourite feature, it's mental trickery with the Taptic Engine.
    11-20-2016 04:08 AM