iphone 8 rumors

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
some of my friends saying iphone 8 will have an curved display is that true ?

Rumours this early i wouldn't believe. Its just to early and so many factors could change. I doubt Apple would put a curved screen in. They normally stick to whats considered good and make it better. Thye don't often venture out into 'experimental' screen types.

I think you can count on having a higher resolution screens for 2017. Maybe a AMOLED for the 7s+

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
The 7 just came out. There could be all sorts of rumors. But I did hear a really good rumor about the next iPhone.

Next iPhone is going to have a screen and a lightning port. Also, it will be running ios11

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe how early the iPhone rumors have started! I don't even have my JB iPhone 7+ in my grubby paws yet and we're already moving on to next year's model! FWIW, I hope they don't have a curved screen. Those Galaxy S6s and S7s with the curved screens look amazing but functionally I think they suck. I don't want my keyboard running down a curve while I'm texting, for example. They also reflect light weirdly and people seem to break those screens pretty regularly.

Dk4884

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Corroborated rumors point to 3 models with one premium model that has an all-glass casing and screen that curves around the edges of the casing. Most or all of the chin and forehead will be removed and the home button will be embedded in the screen. They will switch to OLED screen tech on the premium model and the 5.8" screen will have a 5.2" usable area since the screen itself wraps around the sides of the phone. Size-wise, this strangely puts the premium model in between the two lower end phones (which are said to retain LCD screens) with sizes of 4.7", 5.2" and 5.5". I can only assume there's cloudiness in the supply chain now as Apple finalizes the design for next year. Likely at least two prototypes still being mulled over. Apple's size as a company is working against it here. If they didn't have to make so many phones it'd be easier to push the envelope forward with radical design changes or cutting edge technology. While it seems sloppy for Apple to keep expanding and differentiating the iPhone line it's really the only way to get new tech/ID out the door. So very limited quantities of iPhone 8 and then a bunch of "7s" like things in the 4.7,5.5 inch varieties.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2