I like many jumped in quick and settled for matte black to get our hands on first.

But I really wanted that Jet black...how's the finish holding up? Is it still great looking? Is the grip still as awesome as what people claim?
    11-11-2016 12:08 PM
    My friend has one, and the back is scratch resistant, but has already started having scratch marks on it from objects such as his keys from his pocket. Wouldn't be a problem if you got a clear case for it.
    SkydiverTilt likes this.
    11-11-2016 12:30 PM
    I have mine in an Otterbox Symmetry case. I have taken it out a couple times just to see how it is holding up. It still looks as good as the day I took it out of the box. I do have a Gear4 leather case coming next week for it and am waiting for Gear4 to introduce their clear case. Should be in two weeks or so and then I will get one of those so I can show my JB phone. But I was surprised it is holding up amazingly well.
    11-11-2016 12:35 PM
    I have one in a Ringke Slim case and tempered glass screen protector so it still looks brand new!
    firedept10 and SkydiverTilt like this.
    11-11-2016 12:56 PM
    Maybe next year I'll be able to hold onto my enthusiasm and wait until the Jet black is ready!!
    blaine07 and Churroz like this.
    11-11-2016 02:01 PM
    I've been using mine naked since launch and while it does have micro scratches that can only be seen in certain light, it looks fantastic!
    11-11-2016 05:57 PM
    I have a Tech21 EVO on mine, and I have a few scratches on the bottom on the back of the phone behind the charge port.
    SkydiverTilt likes this.
    11-11-2016 06:52 PM
    My dad has got one and with very very little and careful use it looks basically new…
    So, it is possible to keep it pristine, but I'm not sure it's worth the ways you'd have to restrict your usage.
    Best option: Buy it for the grippyness, don't care about resale-value, and learn to live with scratches.
    11-13-2016 05:48 AM
    My Jet Black 7 Plus is "holding up" great. No scratches to be found. Occasionally I remove it from my Otterbox Commuter to admire it's beauty, but I never leave my home without protection.
    nikkisharif and pr1nce like this.
    11-13-2016 07:25 AM
    I have mine without the case and screen protector looks great no scratches,
    have to be little careful.
    11-13-2016 08:51 AM
    I can't commit to any colour change I've had the same gold colour forever now
    StevenJ_AK likes this.
    11-13-2016 10:51 AM
    Seems to be getting pretty beat up on the antenna lines but apart from that it's good
    11-13-2016 11:43 AM
    Mine is holding up really nice. I keep it in the Apple leather case and unless it's in a direct line of sunlight you'd never know there was a single scratch on the phone. Even in the sunlight though the scratches are minimal.
    11-13-2016 04:22 PM
    It's definitely not totally scratch resistant and I'm keeping my clear case on it for that reason
    11-14-2016 10:30 AM
    It's holding up great. I got a spigen thin fit jet black case on it and it looks fantastic. Occasionally I'll get real gutsy and take it out of the case. Just to peek. Then right back in it goes...
    11-14-2016 10:56 AM
    Holding up great I have a slick wrap on it so I can show it off the wrap keeps it from scratching it's also a clear wrap
    11-14-2016 02:33 PM
    Just had my my matt black 7+ exchanged for a Jet Black and literally within few hours it has scratches at the top..will continue to use it and exchange it back for the matt version when I can reserve stock..
    salmanhkhan likes this.
    11-15-2016 11:28 AM
    My iPhone 7 Plus is almost flawless. I have one teeny scuff that you really cannot see unless you know where to look. I only use a case when I plan on needing to set in down a lot. Otherwise I simply slide it back into my pants pocket--is slides in and out much easier without a case. The phone is just so striking it deserves to be seen & not hidden in a case all the time.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-15-2016 11:37 AM
    I've had mine exchanged back to the matt black now..hopefully my last time having to set it up
    11-15-2016 03:31 PM
    I don't have the Plus but I have the jet black 7. I got it end of September. It's holding up very well. A couple of minor micro abrasions but nothing that seems to concern me.
    11-15-2016 08:00 PM
    Ironically, the back of my Jet Black iPhone is fine, very, very few micro abrasions. The screen, however, has a ton of scratches, 4 or 5 being deep scratches. I've never had a screen protector on any iPhone (iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6 plus, 6s plus) and not one had a deep scratch. So I had to put a screen protector on my 7 Plus. Kind of disappointed about the screen durability.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.
    11-15-2016 11:15 PM
    My son-in-law went into the Apple store for a matte black like mine, but it was unavailable -- so he went for the jet black. (I know, an unusual situation!) The jet black has held up remarkable well, only a few minor scratches only seen in strong light. The fingerprints are the bigger issue.
    dejanh likes this.
    11-18-2016 10:44 AM
    Been rocking jet black for about 6 weeks or so now with a case on only about 30-40% of the time, max. It really is such a great feeling device that it's a shame to put a case on it. It is holding up well, better than expected, but still has a couple "micro abrasions" here and there. You can only see them when you hold it in the right light at the right angle. The grip is awesome, it's truly the best feeling iPhone I've ever had (I've owned every iteration since 4s). I don't baby mine but I also don't just toss it in a pocket with keys or slide it across a table either. I use a Tech 21 Impact clear-ish case or an Apple silicone case when I do use one. Usually it's only when I know I am going to be in an environment where it's more likely that I could drop it. If you haven't bought one yet, I highly recommend the Jet Black if you want to have a great feeling phone. If you are someone who will always leave your phone in the case anyway, then it doesn't really matter what color you choose.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    11-18-2016 09:05 PM
    Been rocking jet black for about 6 weeks or so now with a case on only about 30-40% of the time, max. It really is such a great feeling device that it's a shame to put a case on it. It is holding up well, better than expected, but still has a couple "micro abrasions" here and there. You can only see them when you hold it in the right light at the right angle. The grip is awesome, it's truly the best feeling iPhone I've ever had (I've owned every iteration since 4s). I don't baby mine but I also don't just toss it in a pocket with keys or slide it across a table either. I use a Tech 21 Impact clear-ish case or an Apple silicone case when I do use one. Usually it's only when I know I am going to be in an environment where it's more likely that I could drop it. If you haven't bought one yet, I highly recommend the Jet Black if you want to have a great feeling phone. If you are someone who will always leave your phone in the case anyway, then it doesn't really matter what color you choose.
    I totally agree...it feels amazing!! I was surprised that it wasn't slippery like the other models. Two of my friends have the MB and when I showed them my JB they were surprised with the grip too.
    11-18-2016 09:22 PM
    Holding up great I have a slick wrap on it so I can show it off the wrap keeps it from scratching it's also a clear wrap
    Did you get the naked clear or glossy? I just ordered the glossy.
    11-20-2016 09:17 AM
48 12