My first post was on iPhone 7 forum by mistake. This week I purchased an iPhone 7plus. I'm moving from Android and have several questions. I moved from a Galaxy Note 4.

1. I use Google Chrome as my browser. Am I able to create bookmark shortcuts on my home page?

2. Is there a photo frame app that will allow me to create photo widgets on my homescreen? Android has a widget that enables you to select photos and place them on a homescreen. You can resize them to fit 4 photos on one screen.

3. When Bluetooth is on and you have a device connected or not, does the phone keep searching for other devices. If so, is this a battery drain?

4. I use Google photos. I have thousands of photos that were never on my iPhone. I tried to download some to my phone but could not figure it out. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

There will be more questions but enough for now. I'm excited about this phone. Thanks
    11-11-2016 11:57 AM
    4) open the picture you want to download and click "share" then download. After that is is in your gallery.
    3) from my experience the Bluetooth on iOS won't drain battery as it does on Android.
    Ecm and aximtreo like this.
    11-11-2016 12:14 PM
    1. I use Google Chrome as my browser. Am I able to create bookmark shortcuts on my home page?

3. When Bluetooth is on and you have a device connected or not, does the phone keep searching for other devices. If so, is this a battery drain?
    I've recently switched from Android to a 7 Plus for my main device as well. There is some adjustment, per patient.

Re #1: No. While Safari can add bookmarks to the homescreen, Chrome can't.

Re #3: I've been impressed with the way iOS handles Bluetooth (and WiFi as well). I've found no real difference in power consumption leaving both on vs having both off. Turn them on and forget them!
    11-11-2016 01:12 PM
    You can export your Chrome bookmarks and then import them into Safari and then make desktop shortcuts.
    Ecm and aximtreo like this.
    11-11-2016 01:20 PM
    You can export your Chrome bookmarks and then import them into Safari and then make desktop shortcuts.
    True. I should have mentioned that.
    That may be a workable option for some ex-Android users. I still prefer Chrome, as I can sync everything across iOS, Android devices, PC, Mac.
    11-11-2016 01:28 PM
    Adblock makes stock browser a win for me. Plus the fact that every hyperlink opens in stock browser anyway.
    11-11-2016 02:37 PM
    Adblock makes stock browser a win for me. Plus the fact that every hyperlink opens in stock browser anyway.
    Unless you choose (as I have) to use Spark or Outlook as your mail app. Both allow setting Chrome as the default browser for links.
    Truman82 and aximtreo like this.
    11-11-2016 02:55 PM
    Yea but I get links in other apps as well if Apple allows some day for us to change the default apps for certain actions then I will consider other options. Until that happens it is stock apps all the way.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-11-2016 03:23 PM
    #1 should be solvable with Workflow.app – if you want to customize your experience to the upmost degree, that's your best option.
    11-13-2016 05:52 AM