How to convince my wife

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
It's not a matter of being scared, it's a matter of mutual respect. I don't need to ask, I do it out of respect for her.

However I also think its a matter of respect that she let you do what you want and not make you go to her like you would to your mother asking if you can have a treat. Neither person involved is a child anymore.

This is one reason I refuse to get married. I dont ask anyone to do anything.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
However I also think its a matter of respect that she let you do what you want and not make you go to her like you would to your mother asking if you can have a treat. Neither person involved is a child anymore.

Usually marriage is like one of those primetime sitcoms. Where the woman is all smart n' mighty and the man is the big dope. I refuse to let my marriage be like a sitcom. When I make a purchase I'll tell my wife, but I ain't asking for permission.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Here is the deal. Yes I could go out and buy it if I want (if I could find it in stock), just like she can go out and buy a $300 pair of shoes if she wants. But we don't because we care and respect each other enough to run bigger priced items through each other since we share the same account. If you want to call it getting permission, fine go ahead. We came across a good compromise. I can get a TV now that I don't necessarily need and when the next model comes out, I go ahead and get that. It works.

And yes, she has full access to my phone to go through it whenever she wants and I go through her phone whenever I want. And guess what? I It turns out that we're pretty boring in our texts and emails. I didn't intend for this thread to start a discussion on what is right and wrong in a marriage. This is how our life works and we're both happy and trustful.

Until then, carry on iPhone owners and if you want to start a gofundme page for me to get an iPhone 7 Plus 128 gb on Verizon in Matte Black...go for it. lol

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Here is the deal. Yes I could go out and buy it if I want (if I could find it in stock), just like she can go out and buy a $300 pair of shoes if she wants. But we don't because we care and respect each other enough to run bigger priced items through each other since we share the same account. If you want to call it getting permission, fine go ahead. We came across a good compromise. I can get a TV now that I don't necessarily need and when the next model comes out, I go ahead and get that. It works.

And yes, she has full access to my phone to go through it whenever she wants and I go through her phone whenever I want. And guess what? I It turns out that we're pretty boring in our texts and emails. I didn't intend for this thread to start a discussion on what is right and wrong in a marriage. This is how our life works and we're both happy and trustful.

Until then, carry on iPhone owners and if you want to start a gofundme page for me to get an iPhone 7 Plus 128 gb on Verizon in Matte Black...go for it. lol

Well said, your wife is a lucky woman. My husband and I share exactly the same values.

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
If your wife really appreciates the iphones, she should be happy with a 6S or 6, tell her the truth that for now is an expense that exceeds your limits.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
If your wife really appreciates the iphones, she should be happy with a 6S or 6, tell her the truth that for now is an expense that exceeds your limits.

Ummmm his wife doesn't want the new iPhone...he does. He wanted to find a way to convince his wife. Not the other way around.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

You could not have said that better! Kudos!!!

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Why ask for permission if that your money and the phone you use yourself..... unlike house or car where you and Wife will be at and sit in...

lepetitoiseau

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Be extremely sweet to her. Buy her something she likes as well, something that will make her forget about you buying the iPhone. If she still asks, well...It's nearing Christmas, you can say that the iPhone is your Christmas gift to yourself lol.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I told my wife I needed the additional storage. I had a 128gb 6s that was full and we were leaving on a 4000 mile road trip the day after the release of the iPhone 7. She was indifferent when I told her. I love my 256gb iPhone 7.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

You seem to have a "firm grip" on things. Congrats.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Why a tv? It's the same value of the iPhone and it's easier to resell an iPhone than a tv. So the value tradeoff isn't there but cool that it all worked out in the end.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Why a tv? It's the same value of the iPhone and it's easier to resell an iPhone than a tv. So the value tradeoff isn't there but cool that it all worked out in the end.

I don't need a $1000 tv. I can get a basic one (I'm not picky about them) for about $500. Why a TV though? My current one has a dead speaker so when I play video games, I have to use headphones since I can't hear out of the left channel.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro