How to convince my wife

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
How about don't ask. Your a grown man who obviously works and is a responsible adult. I assume you do all the things you're supposed to do for your wife and family correct? So why when you want to buy something for yourself should it involve asking your wife oft it's OK? Maybe I'm old school but I don't ask my wife if I can do anything. I do the right thing for my family on a daily basis and in return when I want something I know I can afford I simply tell her what I'm doing. No asking, or pleading my case. Period.

^This

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I would just be honest with her. Explain how much you would really like it. But have a plan that you can present to her on how to pay for it. Best to be prepared. Dishonesty in a marriage is not good. I always, always tell my wife if I am interested in buying something before going ahead and purchasing it. Put yourself in her shoes. Just my opinion.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So after discussing it, there is no value in getting one now when the next model will supposedly get a massive redesign. I still won't be able to qualify for a work upgrade, but she said I can pay whatever in September. In the meantime, I can get a new TV.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
So after discussing it, there is no value in getting one now when the next model will supposedly get a massive redesign. I still won't be able to qualify for a work upgrade, but she said I can pay whatever in September. In the meantime, I can get a new TV.

You said it. 'Supposedly'. Don't take that as the absolute truth!

XyThe Guy

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
You can definitely try to sell her through Youtube videos and reviews. They make great review videos on Youtube and there bounds to be a lot of good things your wife might hear and be convinced to buy the new iPhone.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
To let me spend nearly 1k on a iPhone 7 plus since I am not eligible for an upgrade on Verizon and since my employer pays my bill, I don't qualify for monthly payments via any method.

Ideas?

If its going to cause a possible argument, i would let the phone go. Im sure the wife is more important? :)

My advice would be to stay with you current device until the contract period is over, then get the gorgeous iPhone 7 or 7s!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't be dishonest with her. A phone isn't worth an upset spouse.

Just be upfront and tell her you want it and why. My husband hardly ever says no to me when I want to get a pricey item.

If you have old devices you can sell to help offset the cost, that would be a plus as well.

That is because of the age old saying, "Happy wife = Happy life". Us husbands have no such sayings. :(

Lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Tell her a divorce would be much more expensive than that, so getting the 7 Plus is a win-win situation

(Nah, iKid. I think Phreddyl has the best answer. Plus, if you have iDevices you can bring to trade in or sell locally, that'd help bringing the cost down).

Give her 2 choices. Hooker or an iPhone. Better be prepared if she calls your bluff.

Find a new wife, they're a dime a dozen. :p Just kidding...........

What can you do if you "lose your phone" or it "drops in the toilet" .....gotta get a new phone, right?

LOL. This is hilarious haha.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox