How to convince my wife

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
To let me spend nearly 1k on a iPhone 7 plus since I am not eligible for an upgrade on Verizon and since my employer pays my bill, I don't qualify for monthly payments via any method.

Ideas?

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Better to beg for forgiveness then ask for permission lol.

You could always go through Apple and go through their payment plans. It doesn't go on your bill and they send you the bill.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

You could always go through Apple and go through their payment plans. It doesn't go on your bill and they send you the bill.

Don't be dishonest with her. A phone isn't worth an upset spouse.

Just be upfront and tell her you want it and why. My husband hardly ever says no to me when I want to get a pricey item.

If you have old devices you can sell to help offset the cost, that would be a plus as well.

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
How about don't ask. Your a grown man who obviously works and is a responsible adult. I assume you do all the things you're supposed to do for your wife and family correct? So why when you want to buy something for yourself should it involve asking your wife oft it's OK? Maybe I'm old school but I don't ask my wife if I can do anything. I do the right thing for my family on a daily basis and in return when I want something I know I can afford I simply tell her what I'm doing. No asking, or pleading my case. Period.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

I tried that, but since it's a business account, I don't qualify.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Tell her a divorce would be much more expensive than that, so getting the 7 Plus is a win-win situation

(Nah, iKid. I think Phreddyl has the best answer. Plus, if you have iDevices you can bring to trade in or sell locally, that'd help bringing the cost down).

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you're doing this right. The iPhone upgrade program isn't dependent on your carrier plan. It's an agreement between you and Apple. No carrier involvement.

Using IUP, the phone requires activation through a carrier before it leaves the store. He doesn't have the power to do that because his employer controls the plan.

That's how I read OP's original post, anyway.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you're doing this right. The iPhone upgrade program isn't dependent on your carrier plan. It's an agreement between you and Apple. No carrier involvement.

Except it asks for the SSN number of the primary account holder, which isn't valid with business plans. It's for personal lines only.

iamdld

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
No one is going to know how to convince your wife better than you. If you need to convince her you already know she isn't going for it. Just ask can it be your Christmas gift or something.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice