Put yourself in her shoes.
    So you can know how uncomfortable our high heels are
    ChamNG, firedept10, jlank and 2 others like this.
    11-07-2016 06:07 PM
    So you can know how uncomfortable our high heels are
    Only from a receiving end!
    11-07-2016 06:32 PM
    So after discussing it, there is no value in getting one now when the next model will supposedly get a massive redesign. I still won't be able to qualify for a work upgrade, but she said I can pay whatever in September. In the meantime, I can get a new TV.
    11-07-2016 06:48 PM
    So after discussing it, there is no value in getting one now when the next model will supposedly get a massive redesign. I still won't be able to qualify for a work upgrade, but she said I can pay whatever in September. In the meantime, I can get a new TV.
    You said it. 'Supposedly'. Don't take that as the absolute truth!
    11-07-2016 07:33 PM
    You can definitely try to sell her through Youtube videos and reviews. They make great review videos on Youtube and there bounds to be a lot of good things your wife might hear and be convinced to buy the new iPhone.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    11-07-2016 09:54 PM
    To let me spend nearly 1k on a iPhone 7 plus since I am not eligible for an upgrade on Verizon and since my employer pays my bill, I don't qualify for monthly payments via any method.

Ideas?
    If its going to cause a possible argument, i would let the phone go. Im sure the wife is more important?

My advice would be to stay with you current device until the contract period is over, then get the gorgeous iPhone 7 or 7s!
    11-08-2016 12:34 AM
    Don't be dishonest with her. A phone isn't worth an upset spouse.

Just be upfront and tell her you want it and why. My husband hardly ever says no to me when I want to get a pricey item.

If you have old devices you can sell to help offset the cost, that would be a plus as well.
    That is because of the age old saying, "Happy wife = Happy life". Us husbands have no such sayings.

Lol.
    aximtreo, LVMHgirl and AppleKarma like this.
    11-08-2016 08:46 AM
    Tell her a divorce would be much more expensive than that, so getting the 7 Plus is a win-win situation

(Nah, iKid. I think Phreddyl has the best answer. Plus, if you have iDevices you can bring to trade in or sell locally, that'd help bringing the cost down).
    Give her 2 choices. Hooker or an iPhone. Better be prepared if she calls your bluff.
    Find a new wife, they're a dime a dozen. Just kidding...........
    What can you do if you "lose your phone" or it "drops in the toilet" .....gotta get a new phone, right?
    LOL. This is hilarious haha.
    violetjune likes this.
    11-08-2016 08:49 AM
    Early christmas/chanuka/kwanza present?
    AppleKarma likes this.
    11-08-2016 09:06 AM
    Seriously you're both adults. Make your own decisions.
    11-08-2016 09:55 AM
    Unless you're married to Roseanne, why would anyone be scared of their wife?
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    11-08-2016 10:14 AM
    To let me spend nearly 1k on a iPhone 7 plus since I am not eligible for an upgrade on Verizon and since my employer pays my bill, I don't qualify for monthly payments via any method.

Ideas?
    Buy her one too.
    11-08-2016 11:22 AM
    Unless you're married to Roseanne, why would anyone be scared of their wife?
    It's not a matter of being scared, it's a matter of mutual respect. I don't need to ask, I do it out of respect for her.
    11-08-2016 11:44 AM
    it's not a matter of being scared, it's a matter of mutual respect. I don't need to ask, i do it out of respect for her.
    ^^^^ 100% this! ^^^^
    firedept10, jlank, libra89 and 2 others like this.
    11-08-2016 11:48 AM
    It's not a matter of being scared, it's a matter of mutual respect. I don't need to ask, I do it out of respect for her.
    I didn't say nobody should ask. The point is that even if someone were to ask why be scared of just buying the phone anyway?
    11-08-2016 01:18 PM
    However I also think its a matter of respect that she let you do what you want and not make you go to her like you would to your mother asking if you can have a treat. Neither person involved is a child anymore.

This is one reason I refuse to get married. I dont ask anyone to do anything.
    11-08-2016 01:24 PM
    If you already have a Plus just buy it and put a case on it. She probably won't even notice.
    So you are telling she doesn't check his phone everytime she can? the good thing is the new one is waterproof so he can take a shower with it.
    11-08-2016 02:43 PM
    However I also think its a matter of respect that she let you do what you want and not make you go to her like you would to your mother asking if you can have a treat. Neither person involved is a child anymore.

This is one reason I refuse to get married. I dont ask anyone to do anything.
    Usually marriage is like one of those primetime sitcoms. Where the woman is all smart n' mighty and the man is the big dope. I refuse to let my marriage be like a sitcom. When I make a purchase I'll tell my wife, but I ain't asking for permission.
    11-08-2016 02:57 PM
    Here is the deal. Yes I could go out and buy it if I want (if I could find it in stock), just like she can go out and buy a $300 pair of shoes if she wants. But we don't because we care and respect each other enough to run bigger priced items through each other since we share the same account. If you want to call it getting permission, fine go ahead. We came across a good compromise. I can get a TV now that I don't necessarily need and when the next model comes out, I go ahead and get that. It works.

And yes, she has full access to my phone to go through it whenever she wants and I go through her phone whenever I want. And guess what? I It turns out that we're pretty boring in our texts and emails. I didn't intend for this thread to start a discussion on what is right and wrong in a marriage. This is how our life works and we're both happy and trustful.

Until then, carry on iPhone owners and if you want to start a gofundme page for me to get an iPhone 7 Plus 128 gb on Verizon in Matte Black...go for it. lol
    11-08-2016 04:51 PM
    Here is the deal. Yes I could go out and buy it if I want (if I could find it in stock), just like she can go out and buy a $300 pair of shoes if she wants. But we don't because we care and respect each other enough to run bigger priced items through each other since we share the same account. If you want to call it getting permission, fine go ahead. We came across a good compromise. I can get a TV now that I don't necessarily need and when the next model comes out, I go ahead and get that. It works.

And yes, she has full access to my phone to go through it whenever she wants and I go through her phone whenever I want. And guess what? I It turns out that we're pretty boring in our texts and emails. I didn't intend for this thread to start a discussion on what is right and wrong in a marriage. This is how our life works and we're both happy and trustful.

Until then, carry on iPhone owners and if you want to start a gofundme page for me to get an iPhone 7 Plus 128 gb on Verizon in Matte Black...go for it. lol
    Well said, your wife is a lucky woman. My husband and I share exactly the same values.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    11-08-2016 06:30 PM
    If your wife really appreciates the iphones, she should be happy with a 6S or 6, tell her the truth that for now is an expense that exceeds your limits.
    11-08-2016 06:54 PM
    If your wife really appreciates the iphones, she should be happy with a 6S or 6, tell her the truth that for now is an expense that exceeds your limits.
    Ummmm his wife doesn't want the new iPhone...he does. He wanted to find a way to convince his wife. Not the other way around.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    11-08-2016 07:31 PM
    Good luck!! The phone is not worth all that!
    eyecrispy and AppleKarma like this.
    11-08-2016 08:19 PM

You could not have said that better! Kudos!!!
    Rocket_Girl and AppleKarma like this.
    11-08-2016 08:36 PM
    Why ask for permission if that your money and the phone you use yourself..... unlike house or car where you and Wife will be at and sit in...
    11-09-2016 02:05 AM
69 123