All of a sudden my 7+ takes Live Photos when I open the camera. Even after I turn it off and cancel the app, it still is turned on after I reopen the app. Any ideas??
    11-06-2016 08:12 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset?
    7 Reset
    Hold the power/wake button and the volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.
    If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
    Jcblack3310 likes this.
    11-06-2016 08:15 PM
    All of a sudden my 7+ takes Live Photos when I open the camera. Even after I turn it off and cancel the app, it still is turned on after I reopen the app. Any ideas??
    It's in settings. Just go to Settings > Photos & Camera > Preserve Settings, and switch Live Photos to ON. This will preserve whatever you had Live Photos set to the last time you used the Camera app rather than returning to the default setting.
    11-06-2016 08:19 PM
    It's in settings. Just go to Settings > Photos & Camera > Preserve Settings, and switch Live Photos to ON. This will preserve whatever you had Live Photos set to the last time you used the Camera app rather than returning to the default setting.
    Thank you!
    11-06-2016 08:35 PM
    Thank you!
    You're welcome
    11-06-2016 08:39 PM
    Thanks man this was annoying the crap out of me I would turn it off and find it back on next time I took a photo All is well now thanks again!!!
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    11-07-2016 08:39 AM
    Thanks man this was annoying the crap out of me I would turn it off and find it back on next time I took a photo All is well now thanks again!!!
    Happy to help!
    11-07-2016 09:00 AM
    Just wondering, is the preserve settings option only on iPhone 7 Plus? I have a 6S plus and there is no option for preserve settings. Thanks.
    11-07-2016 10:02 AM
    Just wondering, is the preserve settings option only on iPhone 7 Plus? I have a 6S plus and there is no option for preserve settings. Thanks.
    It's on my wife's 6s as well. We are both on the 10.2 beta.
    11-07-2016 11:01 AM
    I don't have this option, but I also haven't had the problem the OP has had either. Why wouldn't it be there for me, anyone know?
    11-07-2016 01:23 PM
    I don't have this option, but I also haven't had the problem the OP has had either. Why wouldn't it be there for me, anyone know?
    I Googled around and it looks like the option was just added in iOS 10.2. It's in beta right now if you want to try it but the public release should be out in a month or so, if I had to guess.
    firedept10 likes this.
    11-07-2016 01:31 PM
    Yea, I have iPhone 7 Plus Verizon, 10.1.1 and there is no Preserve Settings option.
    11-07-2016 01:41 PM
    I use another camera app if I don't want to take a live photo.
    But great to hear it is a setting in 10.2!
    11-07-2016 04:28 PM
    I Googled around and it looks like the option was just added in iOS 10.2. It's in beta right now if you want to try it but the public release should be out in a month or so, if I had to guess.
    Meh, I'll wait. Like I mentioned the problem hasn't happened to me yet. The photos app has always saved my preference of turning it off/on when I relaunch so not a big deal for me. I would like the beta for the new emojis though lol.
    11-07-2016 04:31 PM
    Meh, I'll wait. Like I mentioned the problem hasn't happened to me yet. The photos app has always saved my preference of turning it off/on when I relaunch so not a big deal for me. I would like the beta for the new emojis though lol.
    Yeah the new emojis aren't bad!
    felloffthetruck and rdstryr like this.
    11-07-2016 05:00 PM
    It is a public beta so anyone can try. I have been using it since it came out and didn't see any problems.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.imore...android-huawei
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    11-08-2016 08:00 AM
    Thanks!
    11-16-2016 12:26 PM
    There needs to be a choice. This is craziness from Apple. What money could they probably gain by making us use three times as much memory on each pic. Who was stupid enough to say "hey, let's screw with what everybody loves and make it suck."

Setting iPhone to a ridiculous "use Live Photo" is purposely confusing.

There needs to be a setting and button to
    Disable Live Photo

PS Was there ever someone who thought "hey, why not have a few moment photo"?
    03-19-2017 08:04 AM
    There needs to be a choice. This is craziness from Apple. What money could they probably gain by making us use three times as much memory on each pic. Who was stupid enough to say "hey, let's screw with what everybody loves and make it suck."

Disable Live Photo

Huh? What are you talking about?
    03-19-2017 08:32 AM

Disable Live Photo

Tap the yellow icon in the top center to turn live photos off. You don't have to use it if you choose not to. They're fun occasionally though.
    Tap to turn it white and off!
    03-19-2017 08:37 AM
    Yes, Live Photo could be a fun app to use as a choice instead of a default.
    03-19-2017 09:10 AM
    Yes, Live Photo could be a fun app to use as a choice instead of a default.
    It's not a default. It's an option you can choose or not. If you don't want to use it, turn it off.
    03-19-2017 09:35 AM
    As commented earlier, you can go to settings < photos camera < preserve settings < switch the live photo setting on. When you turn live photo off that setting will be saved instead of going back to default Live Photos on the next time you open the camera.
    03-19-2017 09:41 AM
    Yes.
    for some odd reason, Apple chose it as the default. Sorta like forcing you to take a slow mo as default, instead of giving you the choice.
    It's easy to turn off, but next time you want to take a pic, there it is, and, if you have to delay your shot while you turn it off, you're screwed.
    It's an APP not an operating system.
    AND they put major screws on you by obscuring the possible out by hiding it under layers of settings with an absurd mockery of a confusing description. This makes Apple sound undependable
    Settings>
    Photos&Camera>
    Preserve Settings>
    Live Photo > Turn ON
    "Preserve the Live Photo Setting, rather than automatically reset to Live Photo turned on"
    There needs to be a "DISABLE Live Photo" button. Or, this sort of cute photo trick (like bubble or photo distortions) should be an app added by choice.
    03-19-2017 11:46 AM
    As commented earlier, you can go to settings < photos camera < preserve settings < switch the live photo setting on. When you turn live photo off that setting will be saved instead of going back to default Live Photos on the next time you open the camera.
    I don't see that in settlngs. Is it new? When I turn live photos off in the camera app, it stays off until I tap to turn it on again.
    03-19-2017 11:46 AM
28 12