How to turn off Live Photos permanently?

Jcblack3310

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
All of a sudden my 7+ takes Live Photos when I open the camera. Even after I turn it off and cancel the app, it still is turned on after I reopen the app. Any ideas??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a hard reset?
7 Reset
Hold the power/wake button and the volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
All of a sudden my 7+ takes Live Photos when I open the camera. Even after I turn it off and cancel the app, it still is turned on after I reopen the app. Any ideas??

It's in settings. Just go to Settings > Photos & Camera > Preserve Settings, and switch Live Photos to ON. This will preserve whatever you had Live Photos set to the last time you used the Camera app rather than returning to the default setting.

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
It's in settings. Just go to Settings > Photos & Camera > Preserve Settings, and switch Live Photos to ON. This will preserve whatever you had Live Photos set to the last time you used the Camera app rather than returning to the default setting.

Thanks man this was annoying the crap out of me I would turn it off and find it back on next time I took a photo All is well now thanks again!!!

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Just wondering, is the preserve settings option only on iPhone 7 Plus? I have a 6S plus and there is no option for preserve settings. Thanks.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't have this option, but I also haven't had the problem the OP has had either. Why wouldn't it be there for me, anyone know?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, is the preserve settings option only on iPhone 7 Plus? I have a 6S plus and there is no option for preserve settings. Thanks.

I don't have this option, but I also haven't had the problem the OP has had either. Why wouldn't it be there for me, anyone know?

I Googled around and it looks like the option was just added in iOS 10.2. It's in beta right now if you want to try it but the public release should be out in a month or so, if I had to guess.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I Googled around and it looks like the option was just added in iOS 10.2. It's in beta right now if you want to try it but the public release should be out in a month or so, if I had to guess.

Meh, I'll wait. Like I mentioned the problem hasn't happened to me yet. The photos app has always saved my preference of turning it off/on when I relaunch so not a big deal for me. I would like the beta for the new emojis though lol.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Meh, I'll wait. Like I mentioned the problem hasn't happened to me yet. The photos app has always saved my preference of turning it off/on when I relaunch so not a big deal for me. I would like the beta for the new emojis though lol.

Yeah the new emojis aren't bad!

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Zekar

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
There needs to be a choice. This is craziness from Apple. What money could they probably gain by making us use three times as much memory on each pic. Who was stupid enough to say "hey, let's screw with what everybody loves and make it suck."

Setting iPhone to a ridiculous "use Live Photo" is purposely confusing.

There needs to be a setting and button to
Disable Live Photo

PS Was there ever someone who thought "hey, why not have a few moment photo"?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
There needs to be a choice. This is craziness from Apple. What money could they probably gain by making us use three times as much memory on each pic. Who was stupid enough to say "hey, let's screw with what everybody loves and make it suck."

Disable Live Photo

Huh? What are you talking about?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Disable Live Photo

Tap the yellow icon in the top center to turn live photos off. You don't have to use it if you choose not to. They're fun occasionally though.
Tap to turn it white and off!
1d5e594e9ab507093e347134e22a56d5.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR