AT&T Unlimited Data

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just seen an ad last night for Unlimited Data with AT&T...

Called this morning and sure enough...$100 for unlimited data, with my 18% discount AT&T just became more affordable.

adam13141

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unlimited Data

Called this morning and sure enough...$100 for unlimited data, with my 18% discount AT&T just became more affordable.

Do you have Directv? From my understanding that's the only way to get unlimited data with AT&T.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah when you have Direct Tv. My family just signed up for the unlimited a few months ago. Remember its also a $40 per line access fee. Not to bad since we live in a spot where the fastest wifi we can get is 5 down and 1 up and ATT LTE we get about 40-50 down and 30-40 up.

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I actually just switched from Charter...switched because Directv was actually cheaper, and $200 rebate

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Yeah when you have Direct Tv. My family just signed up for the unlimited a few months ago. Remember its also a $40 per line access fee. Not to bad since we live in a spot where the fastest wifi we can get is 5 down and 1 up and ATT LTE we get about 40-50 down and 30-40 up.

From what I understand it's $40 per line after the first..

So $100 for the first then $40 for each additional line

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm still grandfathered in from the original unlimited data plan. Let's see how long it takes for them to claim that their network cannot sustain unlimited data usage like they did the last time...

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I used to have Verizon with Unlimited Data (think I was with them for 8 years). AT&T became better in my area so I sacrificed the unlimited Data for better network coverage. I'm actually giddy about it...the last time they did this was earlier in the year, but I didn't have DIRECTV and I missed out on it. Super glad I capitalized this time around!

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

There is unlimited data for everyone they just throttle it back after 16 GB

It states 22GB on their website...

It says something along the lines of "may be throttled," so even though I don't plan on abusing it...it seems to me that it doesn't have to start throttling once that magic number is hit

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

So, does Verizon offer a true unlimited data plan?
If you are referring to legacy, Verizon doesn't throttle ever and allows official hotspot with no numerical limit but they will cancel you for excessive usage .

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

So, does Verizon offer a true unlimited data plan?

Not unless you have one of the grandfathered plans. I am surprised they haven't done something like att did where if you have Fios and verizon wireless you could get unlimited.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Not unless you have one of the grandfathered plans. I am surprised they haven't done something like att did where if you have Fios and verizon wireless you could get unlimited.
FiOS is too limited and also they aren't the only ones selling FiOS

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

FiOS is too limited and also they aren't the only ones selling FiOS

Even more reason to try and build up subscriber base than to push it hard like att does with direct tv. And I understand they aren't the only ones, I was talking about verizon fios.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You are essentially right. On my bill it shows $60 dollars for the unlimited plan then each line has a $40 dollar charge. I think we got in on a promotion so our 4th line is actually free.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

You are right, luckily I average about 30-50 gigs a month. Just browsing the web and watching my DC hero shows on the CW app and Youtube. Wifi isnt very good in my house as its the "awesome" ATT dsl service. (all that is available in my area.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR