Music in Car is skipping

squill

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble playing music from my phone when in my car. I have an iPhone 7+ and iOS 10.1.1. I recently had the iPhone 6 and didn't have any problems playing music from my iphone in my car. I can play music in my house using other bluetooth speakers just fine with my iPhone. Any one else having this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you start from scratch. Remove the iPhone from your car's Bluetooth setting and remove the car from your iPhone's Bluetooth setting. Reboot your iPhone afterwards, and then turn off and then restart your car. Pair your iPhone to your car via Bluetooth and then make sure that audio streaming is enabled in the car's settings, if available.

mskovrinskie

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing with my 2012 Nissan Murano. My 6splus worked great with Bluetooth. My 7plus randomly skips. I've tried repairing as well as a network reset on the phone. I can connect to the cars usb USB audio connection as a workaround, but then I lose the ability to see track info on the console or pause and skip from the steering wheel.

Also tried the latest public beta. No better. :(

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same issue but it's not all the time I disconnect and reconnect which usually fixes the issue.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing the same thing with my 2012 Nissan Murano. My 6splus worked great with Bluetooth. My 7plus randomly skips. I've tried repairing as well as a network reset on the phone. I can connect to the cars usb USB audio connection as a workaround, but then I lose the ability to see track info on the console or pause and skip from the steering wheel.

Also tried the latest public beta. No better. :(

I opened a case with Apple for this. They have had me do everything. They earmarked my device for repair so I'm going to swing by the Apple Store tonight.

OP, do you have Diagnostics Data turned on? You can check to see if an App is crashing and causing problems that way.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Alright, came back. This is clearly a software issue. Every time I get a skip, my diagnostics and usage data shows a GooglePhotos dump log. I am currently experimenting with disabling the cellular data backup for Google Photos and seeing if that makes a difference.

Hopefully 10.2 just fixes all of this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73