Apple leather case conditioning

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Nope, but after 2-3 weeks of using right out of the box your natural skin oils and grime will allow the leather to create it's on "patina" and get softer and more grippy.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, they really do age well. I didn't even realize how well the leather case on my iPhone 6 had aged until I got a 7 and a new case in the exact same color. They looked so completely different. The blue leather is too blue for my tastes initially, but after a bit of use it turns into a wonderful, deep dark navy.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a black one from/for a 6S plus that was initially pretty slippery. A bit more than my previous 6 version. After some leather conditioner it got better, but I think it's still a tiny bit more slippery than the iPhone 6 ones.

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
The leather is a natural fiber that eventually will wear a patina, keep it away from excess water as it absorbs water, and do not let the sun, which can be deformed and harden. Not all leathers have the same quality, high quality, with the passage of time they will look great

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys use anything to condition leather case? THX.

After a month. #deptheffect
a26d4cad85517f7708b51e74e579a2bd.jpg

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I was going to take a screenshot with the case on. But then decided to remove the case from the phone and take a photo of it

Lol! But in all seriousness, I really like that case. I was looking at them last night in the Apple Store. I just don't know if I can get myself to spend $50 on it. I'm so used to getting nice cases on Amazon for $10-20.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
$50 is admittedly a bit expensive for a phone case. That said, I keep my phones at least two years, and I typically only ever keep in in one case. The leather case on my 6 last two years with no issue, and looked at in the long term I think it was a good investment. The new ones are even better, in my opinion, with the metal on the buttons.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Lol! But in all seriousness, I really like that case. I was looking at them last night in the Apple Store. I just don't know if I can get myself to spend $50 on it. I'm so used to getting nice cases on Amazon for $10-20.

Apple stuff is pricey, true enough...but normally it fits better, and is built to a higher standard than the knock offs. I guess I don't mind spending $50 on a case for a $1000 phone. You generally get what you pay for anyway.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Apple stuff is pricey, true enough...but normally it fits better, and is built to a higher standard than the knock offs. I guess I don't mind spending $50 on a case for a $1000 phone. You generally get what you pay for anyway.

I look at it more as buying a case to protect the $99 deductible it would cost to get it replaced through AppleCare+ if I broke it.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

It's $75 here is Australia. But I know for sure it's the best case to compliment the iPhone and it survives the whole 2 years that I will have the phone. Because my 5S and 6 Plus case survived 2 years perfectly.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I didn't like how the leather case felt last year. But this year I really like it. So I am now using the leather and the silicone one from apple. Love both of them

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen