Sigh. You're not supposed to admit that stuff guys, you're supposed to make them think you're the trophy! Next thing you know, you'll be doing the dishes instead of chopping the wood + beer!!
    11-02-2016 08:36 PM
    Has this been proven to not kill the battery?
    One of the advantages of today's phones and batteries are chips. The chips in our batteries do prevent overcharging. Even the iPhone Lightening charger has a mechanism that does not allow the Iphone to take in what it is not supposed to take in (energy wise)

It does more harm letting the battery go below 40%, harm in that it'll count the full cycle of a charge, than it is to frequently charge and top off.
    JaggValor likes this.
    11-02-2016 08:44 PM
    One of the advantages of today's phones and batteries are chips. The chips in our batteries do prevent overcharging. Even the iPhone Lightening charger has a mechanism that does not allow the Iphone to take in what it is not supposed to take in (energy wise)

It does more harm letting the battery go below 40%, harm in that it'll count the full cycle of a charge, than it is to frequently charge and top off.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    comiken205 likes this.
    11-02-2016 09:16 PM
    Well, remember the first beta of iOS 7…?
    11-03-2016 02:16 AM
    I used to be a Pixel owner too. I loved the phone until it malfunctioned. I actually thought that it was better than my current iPhone 7. But I will have to concede that the iPhone is faster, camera is better, and form factor is more comfortable. The iPhone is also more reliable in performance.
    Pixel just released, and you already got it. I smell BS. I love my 7plus, I'm loving it. But pixel is a solid phone.
    jennfree likes this.
    11-03-2016 04:18 AM
    Sigh. You're not supposed to admit that stuff guys, you're supposed to make them think you're the trophy! Next thing you know, you'll be doing the dishes instead of chopping the wood + beer!!
    No wonder you've been friendzoned!
    firstborn80 and Rob Phillips like this.
    11-03-2016 05:04 AM
    Whatever we buy or whatever we have, we should always appreciate
    werner6769 likes this.
    11-03-2016 05:22 AM
    Pixel just released, and you already got it. I smell BS. I love my 7plus, I'm loving it. But pixel is a solid phone.
    It's because you don't know me. I'm an OG at this. I don't need to lie or exaggerate. Check my credentials.
    libra89, Dukins, Wildo6882 and 2 others like this.
    11-03-2016 05:55 AM
    I breathe a long sign of relief when I return to ios. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I don't know why I torture myself going back in forth. I guess just a need to scratch the technology itch, but its becoming costly and not a wise decision when ios works for me. I completely understand. Its a hassle always trying to figure out why your battery is bleeding, etc.
    Rest assured, you are not alone.
    Dukins likes this.
    11-03-2016 07:07 AM
    I've zero phone/platform bias whatsoever as I regularly switch between ios, Android and even a Windows Phone. I very nearly went for the Pixel XL from my Galaxy s7 but opted for the iPhone 7 plus at the last minute. I do love it to bits but one thing the Pixel and many androids have is Fast Charging and once you've had that boy do you miss not having it. I've forgotten how sloooooow and painful it is waiting for the iPhone to charge.
    Try the Apple USB-C charger, with USB-C to Lightning cable. That's all I use now. SO much faster than that nasty charger Apple ships with its phones.
    KillerQ likes this.
    11-03-2016 07:11 AM
    U mean the iPad charger?
    11-03-2016 07:50 AM
    Typical iphone Fanny
    FaisDogg and DMP89145 like this.
    11-03-2016 07:53 AM
    It's because you don't know me. I'm an OG at this. I don't need to lie or exaggerate. Check my credentials.
    I'll vouch for you. I've seen your posts for at least a year now, both here and Android Central.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    11-03-2016 08:14 AM
    Has this been proven to not kill the battery?
    It isnt going to. The battery will only charge as fast as the phone itself allows. If the phone is going to draw a max of 1 amp, its only going to draw 1 amp whether the charger is capable of only 1 amp or 100 amps. So if using a faster charger kills the battery faster, it will be an issue with the phone itself or the battery.

Ive been using Anker products for years now, all which charge faster than the included iPhone charger by a good margin. Have never had issues. If you want a good wall charger, with with one from the Anker Power Port series.
    JaggValor likes this.
    11-03-2016 09:15 AM
    Welcome to the iPhone world!
    11-03-2016 12:01 PM
    Lol nice one. Yes there are things on Android that needs optimisation, where iOS just gets better each OS release, beta or not.
    To be honest, Android as it is on the Pixel is just about as optimized, and performant as iOS on an iPhone.

Pixel users are kind of annoying; but so are iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry users. When you hang around in areas where the fandom frequents, and your biases differ, expect to be annoyed by them.
    11-03-2016 03:32 PM

So many people don't understand this.

I know people with iPhone 6 devices that can't get through half the day without their phone dying, while others have devices just as old that last almost as long as a mint device. All of this is because of the constant "drain to nothing" the former people wore their batteries out with.

Fast charging also wears the battery down faster.
    11-03-2016 03:36 PM
    It isnt going to. The battery will only charge as fast as the phone itself allows. If the phone is going to draw a max of 1 amp, its only going to draw 1 amp whether the charger is capable of only 1 amp or 100 amps. So if using a faster charger kills the battery faster, it will be an issue with the phone itself or the battery.

Ive been using Anker products for years now, all which charge faster than the included iPhone charger by a good margin. Have never had issues. If you want a good wall charger, with with one from the Anker Power Port series.
    Thanks for this. I will check it out!
    11-03-2016 04:00 PM
    Android users in general are irritating. Yes, they talk about "screen on time" incessantly but that is such a bogus measurement. I can get more of that if all I do is read a book. Yet if you play games and only games, the "screen on time" is going to be less. And the stupid comments the typical Android fanboy posts is beyond irritating. They LOVE to talk market share like that makes Android better than iOS but when you remind them that marketshare of an OS that doesn't make money is meaningless, they just call you an ***** or something. And yes, I'm using a Note5 right now but going back to an iPhone soon.
    11-04-2016 02:34 AM
    Just wanted to state that I was one of those people who was always tweaking and changing and maximizing and asking questions and comparing battery stats, blah, blah, blah.....

Now that I've come to the iPhone 7 Plus after almost 10 years exclusively on Android Flashgships, it's SUCH A RELIEF to be content with my phone and OS just the way it is. I'm thankful for it every time I use my phone.

I just poked my head in over in some Pixel forums, and it's riddled with people whining about and comparing screen in time and other battery stats.... it is almost embarrassing that I spent so much time on that stuff in the past. Haha.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that crap anymore.
    Thats why i love Mac OS and IOS. I don't need a million tweaking settings and all the super detailed specs. Just give me a product that work perfectly. Mac OS and IOS is so smooth. The only thing i don't like is Apple is putting my wallet on constant diets LOL
    KillerQ likes this.
    11-04-2016 03:45 AM
    Android users in general are irritating. Yes, they talk about "screen on time" incessantly but that is such a bogus measurement. I can get more of that if all I do is read a book. Yet if you play games and only games, the "screen on time" is going to be less. And the stupid comments the typical Android fanboy posts is beyond irritating. They LOVE to talk market share like that makes Android better than iOS but when you remind them that marketshare of an OS that doesn't make money is meaningless, they just call you an ***** or something. And yes, I'm using a Note5 right now but going back to an iPhone soon.
    Fans of either OS are annoying. Android fans can be nuts, but I've seen allot of rude and nutty IOS fans too. What they argue about is different, but while you can find Android fans who say the above, I see lots of IOS fanatics who are just we crazed the other way. No side is without its idiots, and I don't think either side comes off better.

I've had both, and like both, just fyi.
    11-04-2016 07:13 AM
    Fans of either OS are annoying. Android fans can be nuts, but I've seen allot of rude and nutty IOS fans too. What they argue about is different, but while you can find Android fans who say the above, I see lots of IOS fanatics who are just we crazed the other way. No side is without its idiots, and I don't think either side comes off better.

Weird thing is, I can find myself on both sides of the fence depending on what device I'm using. When I had the Pixel, I had no urge to go to iOS. But then I had to return the Pixel and there wasn't another device I was willing to consider. So I got the iPhone 7 and ask the great things about iOS and the iPhone sprang back to my consciousness. So now I find comfort in the ecosystem and love the features and speed of the device. Just a strange thing that happens to me.
    KillerQ, libra89, Dukins and 2 others like this.
    11-04-2016 07:18 AM
    I will be honest the pixel phone is very appealing but I have to admit I still like the iphone better. My friend has the pixel and constantly talks about how better it is than the iphone 7/ 7+ but we were walking outside after work and it started to rain a bit and I laughed because she got worried about her phone getting wet and I kept on using mine. I was like the pixel is missing water resistance huh?? We both laughed. But again the pixel is a good phone just like the Note 7 (was). Apple really needs to do a better job in keeping up with the competition because if the Note 7 hadn't had the problems it did the iphone 7 would have had some serious competition. When I upgrade phones again in two years, it's going to be a tough decision on if I stay with apple or jump ship with the way things are going.
    KillerQ likes this.
    11-04-2016 07:42 AM
    U mean the iPad charger?
    No, although that also works faster than the included charger. I'm talking about the Apple USB-C charger. It's used for MacBooks. But they sell a USB-C to Lightning cable that works great with it.
    Truman82 and csierra72 like this.
    11-04-2016 07:44 AM

Weird thing is, I can find myself on both sides of the fence depending on what device I'm using. When I had the Pixel, I had no urge to go to iOS. But then I had to return the Pixel and there wasn't another device I was willing to consider. So I got the iPhone 7 and ask the great things about iOS and the iPhone sprang back to my consciousness. So now I find comfort in the ecosystem and love the features and speed of the device. Just a strange thing that happens to me.
    This right here! This meaning both of your comments.
    I have an iPhone SE and an Honor 8, and I enjoy both of them, for the same reasons actually (give or take one, which I'm not going to get into, but if you wish to know, ask me haha). As these two show with their comment, you can like both. All or none is dead...except for the fans @jj2339 mentioned.
    Last edited by libra89; 11-04-2016 at 08:25 AM.
    mark233, Hobson123 and DMP89145 like this.
    11-04-2016 08:13 AM
155 1234 ...