Do you leave apps running in the background or close them?

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Do you keep a bunch of apps running in the background or do you always close them out?

I guess its my OCD but I'm constantly closing apps and never have any running in the background. :rolleyes:

Looked at my wife's phone last night and she had a million apps running in the background.
Felt a little sick after seeing that. :p

YankInDaSouth

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I never close background apps ... I am an iOS noob coming from Android, so I don't know if this holds true on iOS, but in Android the system handles the background apps as needed. In other words, it will automatically "close" the older apps as more resources are needed for foreground apps, I'd imagine iOS works similar to this. Constantly closing apps could be more taxing for the device because every time you open an app it's starting from scratch again. So, if you have apps you use routinely it's probably best to let them run in the background - 1) they'll likely load faster for you and 2) it may save some juice.

Again, I am an iOS NOOB! So please, if I am wrong someone feel free to correct me.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Never ever. It's most often more counter productive than what you may think to keep closing apps manually. I would advice not thinking about it at all.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I never close an app unless it's acting up. iOS handles memory quite well on its own. Actually, closing out apps can hurt battery life because your phone has to reload an app every time you use it rather than simply calling it back up from the background.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I never close an app unless it's acting up. iOS handles memory quite well on its own. Actually, closing out apps can hurt battery life because your phone has to reload an app every time you use it rather than simply calling it back up from the background.

This.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Those who say closing apps is pointless, and not at all needed with iOS are absolutely correct. Closing out apps on iOS is pointless because they run apart from the OS...not in conjunction with.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I never close mine but my wife and our kids always close theirs. They act like I'm some kind of villain because I don't close them. My wife will pick up my phone occasionally and close them out like she's helping me, only to shame me by saying "33 apps open! That's terrible!" 😂

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To answer the thread question, I do both. For the most part, I leave opened apps alone and let iOS manage them when I'm done using them, but every other day or so, I manually close them. Why? Because I want to...

YankInDaSouth

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I never close mine but my wife and our kids always close theirs. They act like I'm some kind of villain because I don't close them. My wife will pick up my phone occasionally and close them out like she's helping me, only to shame me by saying "33 apps open! That's terrible!"

LOL ... this made me chuckle

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro