How i can know if my 7+ hissing?

lacoste1

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I have a question since i bought my new at&t black matte 7+ from apple store. I heard that a lot of people are affected by the hissing/buzzing(whatever you want to call it) sound. Can you help me, to check if my phone has this problem too? When i put the phone with apple logo near my ear, i can hear some strange sounds (cant describe them). Its like the sound from a working hdd i guess. But that sound i can also hear on my old 6s , even louder than on 7+.

Is there another way to check the problem? I try to record a video in a silent room but i cant tell if there is a hissing sound on it,because its normally to hear some strange sounds when you record in a silent room and listen it with max volume.

Here is a link when recording a video in 4k. From sec 8, i put my finger on the speaker near the front camera.

Thanks.

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I haven't heard it in mine, but i hear it has to be super quiet to hear it. During a call listen to the back of the phone. Apparently, that is where a lot of people notice it, because it is coming from the coil.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Coil whine is always possible but I've had two different 7+s and haven't heard it on either. If you're having a problem you'll hear the hissing sound. If you don't hear anything there's nothing to worry about.

lacoste1

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
that's the problem, that i can hear some noises, but i dont know if these are normal sounds or its the hissing/buzzing etc sound. I can hear these sounds on my old 6s too, louder.

Im experiencing another strange behaviour..my phone gets hot after 15-20 mins of working (light use, fb,whatsapp,instagram. Nothing that can make it overdrive).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When your phone gets hot is the perfect opportunity to check. Put the back of the phone up to your ear and you'll hear it then. It's the only way I'll hear it on mine.

lacoste1

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
so youre phone gets hot too? i ran a benchmark 1 minute ago, and i heard the coil whine/hissing/buzzing sound. It also gets so hot under the back camera that is was so unpleasant to keep it in hand.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a case on yours? I have the MB 7 plus 256 gb. With att. I put a black speck case on mine and I haven't noticed any warmth on it but it just might be because of the case.

lacoste1

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Do you have a case on yours? I have the MB 7 plus 256 gb. With att. I put a black speck case on mine and I haven't noticed any warmth on it but it just might be because of the case.

no. its naked. 7+ MB 32GB from ATT too. If you use it without case is it gets hot after 15-20 mins of continuously light use? thanks

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes it seems to be warm even though it's in the case when I'm gaming hard on it. I didn't get AppleCare plus on it because I usually don't need it. Wondering if I should take it in to be checked or just leave it and use it.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Definitely can hear it on my Plus. It sounds more like a computer making noises than a hiss though. I can hear it sometimes if I am in a quiet room holding the phone up to my ear to listen to someone on the phone. It doesn't bother me that much I just think it's interesting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2