Just another positive thread about how absolutely blown away at how premium my iPhone 7 Plus is. On top of that, the iOS is everything that I (never realized) would dream of.

Having been on Android since 2008, I couldn't found a more perfect time to jump into the IPhone world - especially now that I am locked into a new iPhone every 12 months through Big Red.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I also find myself wasting less time messing with my phone which equates to at least 60 minutes per day.

One of the only issues that I'm struggling with is the fact that I pridemyself on being an absolute power user on android. I can make anything happen, make anything work, and do anything on my android devices. With the new iPhone, I feel like I am simply lumped in with every other preteen an elderly person since it's all the same phone. I either need to get over that in my head, or learn some power user tricks and iPhone so I can stand out from the rest.

Love it,

Peace,

Matt!!
    firedept10 likes this.
    10-29-2016 10:33 AM
    Outstanding!, and we're glad to know that you're enjoying your iPhone as much as we are enjoying ours. Take care, and have a great weekend...
    KillerQ likes this.
    10-29-2016 10:35 AM
    The ultimate "power user" struggle with iOS is giving up control. The Apple ecosystem is designed around handling much of the experience so that users can spend more time enjoying their devices and less time tinkering with settings and configurations. I consider myself a power user in many aspects but I've learned to really appreciate the simplicity that Apple's products and services bring to my life.

If you love your iPhone but want more control you could always look into jailbreaking. It's the iOS equivalent to rooting an Android device.

Enjoy!
    Just_Me_D and firedept10 like this.
    10-29-2016 10:52 AM
    The ultimate "power user" struggle with iOS is giving up control. The Apple ecosystem is designed around handling much of the experience so that users can spend more time enjoying their devices and less time tinkering with settings and configurations. I consider myself a power user in many aspects but I've learned to really appreciate the simplicity that Apple's products and services bring to my life.

If you love your iPhone but want more control you could always look into jailbreaking. It's the iOS equivalent to rooting an Android device.

Enjoy!
    Thanks. I want to avoid jailbreaking as that will suck me right back into the rooting world that took up so much of my time, haha.
    blaine07 likes this.
    10-29-2016 11:21 AM

One of the only issues that I'm struggling with is the fact that I pridemyself on being an absolute power user on android. I can make anything happen, make anything work, and do anything on my android devices. With the new iPhone, I feel like I am simply lumped in with every other preteen an elderly person since it's all the same phone. I either need to get over that in my head, or learn some power user tricks and iPhone so I can stand out from the rest.

Love it,

Peace,

Matt!!
    You really think you are standing out because you are using Android? Or really any phone for that matter?
    10-29-2016 11:30 AM
    Just another positive thread about how absolutely blown away at how premium my iPhone 7 Plus is. On top of that, the iOS is everything that I (never realized) would dream of.

Having been on Android since 2008, I couldn't found a more perfect time to jump into the IPhone world - especially now that I am locked into a new iPhone every 12 months through Big Red.

Wow. Wow. Wow. I also find myself wasting less time messing with my phone which equates to at least 60 minutes per day.

Love it,

Peace,

Matt!!
    Apps may be a good way to fill your void. I consider myself a power user in that I'm on my phone most of the time and use it for many things. Apps help me do that. Sometimes I feel as though there's nothing I can't do.
    10-29-2016 11:56 AM
    You really think you are standing out because you are using Android? Or really any phone for that matter?
    What I meant was.... of the hundreds of different android devices, I had a Huawei Nexus 6P rooted running custom roms. Not many people could say that. That's all I meant.
    10-29-2016 12:00 PM
    What I meant was.... of the hundreds of different android devices, I had a Huawei Nexus 6P rooted running custom roms. Not many people could say that. That's all I meant.
    Jail Break it when it becomes available and you can mod to your hearts content.
    Last edited by donnation; 10-29-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    KillerQ likes this.
    10-29-2016 12:00 PM
    Apps may be a good way to fill your void. I consider myself a power user in that I'm on my phone most of the time and use it for many things. Apps help me do that. Sometimes I feel as though there's nothing I can't do.
    Thanks. What are some examples of the apps you're referring to...
    10-29-2016 03:17 PM
    Thanks. What are some examples of the apps you're referring to...
    Name something you want to do and there is most likely an app to do it.
    10-29-2016 04:26 PM
    Download, edit, and assign ringtones one the phone without needing a computer.
    10-29-2016 05:07 PM
    I don't think there's a way to do this without jailbreak. It's the one limitation that annoys me.
    KillerQ likes this.
    10-29-2016 06:47 PM
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing some more of your experience. It will help people who are thinking of converting over but may still be sitting on the fence about it.
    10-30-2016 04:19 AM
    Just curious: what is the real use case for this? I respect the need of customizing everything to the tiniest bits (like changing the Androids main font to Comic Sans), but is there really a undenyable argument for implementing it?
    10-30-2016 04:30 AM
    I don't think there's a way to do this without jailbreak. It's the one limitation that annoys me.
    http://mymobotips.com/trick-to-set-c...er-and-itunes/

I followed this guide and used the GarageBand app to edit and assign my ringtones and notification tones. I bit time consuming but worked great!
    queenren and Shanicenicolle like this.
    10-30-2016 05:59 AM
    You can use iTunes to edit songs and make ringtones out of them.
    li2327 likes this.
    10-30-2016 06:46 AM

I followed this guide and used the GarageBand app to edit and assign my ringtones and notification tones. I bit time consuming but worked great!
    Awesome thanks
    10-30-2016 07:38 AM
    Just curious: what is the real use case for this? I respect the need of customizing everything to the tiniest bits (like changing the Androids main font to Comic Sans), but is there really a undenyable argument for implementing it?
    Since they've made it that you don't need a computer to activate an iPhone anymore, not everyone necessarily owns a computer that owns an iPhone. I barely touch mine since I've graduated and can do most everything on my phone or on my work computer.
    10-30-2016 07:40 AM
    You can use iTunes to edit songs and make ringtones out of them.
    Wayne,

I'm back on iPhone as well from android. So far I'm really enjoying it. I went with the 6s Plus. I use my headset nonstop while it's charging while I'm at work so I didn't want to go with the 7.
    10-30-2016 07:53 AM
    Wayne,

I'm back on iPhone as well from android. So far I'm really enjoying it. I went with the 6s Plus. I use my headset nonstop while it's charging while I'm at work so I didn't want to go with the 7.
    I just ordered a 7 Plus. I miss my Apple Watch and iMessage and a lot of other stuff.
    DX9 likes this.
    10-30-2016 08:09 AM

Yes, this is pretty cool. But you can't download songs from the web to edit - which kinda blows. I forgot about that safari limitation. Oh well, I'll live.
    10-30-2016 12:27 PM
    Just curious: what is the real use case for this? I respect the need of customizing everything to the tiniest bits (like changing the Androids main font to Comic Sans), but is there really a undenyable argument. for implementing it?
    I think it's seen as more of a "basic functionality" of all phones - even back to the days of flip phones - rather than a necessity.

I have the itch about once a year to assign a personal ringer, so it's not the end of the world.

Honestly, I'm sure that the lack of allowing all of this preserves the sanctity of the file system, and in turn keeps the OS and phone running better and keeping with the iPhone buttery smooth Mantra.

If that's the case, then I'll gladly give up that ability for a better os experience.
    LDYNREDD likes this.
    10-30-2016 12:30 PM
    Yes, this is pretty cool. But you can't download songs from the web to edit - which kinda blows. I forgot about that safari limitation. Oh well, I'll live.
    I think you can actually download stuff from safari now using iCloud Drive. Not sure if it will let you import into GarageBand that way though.
    10-30-2016 03:24 PM
    I recently gave up tinkering with apps and systems. Life is a whole lot better. A former co-worker that uses both Android and iPhone came to a similar decision. He spends less time being a power user and more enjoying life. I just want something to work and going completely macOS + iOS (soon) will make my life easier.
    10-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Well, you have to make a choice: Be able to make everything happen cumbersomely – or be able to make almost everything happen easily.
    10-31-2016 01:27 AM
42 12