Hi All,

After being a life long Android fan, I'm taking a stroll on the iOS and iPhone 7 Plus which should be arriving today.

I have all my contacts synced with Google so transition on my contacts should be pretty straight forward. I only use certain apps, so I plan on manually installing them (all my banking apps, mint, facebook, etc.) but would LOVE to hear recommendations of new apps that you think are very useful. Below is a list of apps I'll put on my iPhone so we don't have overlap. If there is anything out there better than what I have below that does the same function, suggest it! Also looking for new games/apps for when I'm traveling.

All my airline apps (American, Southwest, Delta)
    All my banking apps (WF, BofA)
    Chrome
    Dropcam
    ESPN
    Facebook
    Yahoo Fantasy Sports
    FoxFi (Does the iPhone allow free tethering without jailbreaking?)
    GasBuddy
    Gmail
    GroupMe
    Hangouts
    Instagram
    Google Maps
    MyVerizon
    Snapchat
    Google Voice
    TripIt (Manages all my travels)
    SoundCloud/Spotify
    Solitaire
    Twitch
    Yelp
    Venmo
    Nilsensine and AppleKarma like this.
    10-26-2016 09:23 AM
    If you like to take pictures I would high recommend: Snapseed for editing, Hipstamatic for shooting and/or editing, and Pure Shot. I have a ton more suggestions for photo Apps if that's your thing.

Other Recommend Apps:
    Drop Box
    Weather Channel
    Shazam
    Temple Run
    iMore
    Uber
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-26-2016 12:10 PM
    If you like to take pictures I would high recommend: Snapseed for editing, Hipstamatic for shooting and/or editing, and Pure Shot. I have a ton more suggestions for photo Apps if that's your thing.

Other Recommend Apps:
    Drop Box
    Weather Channel
    Shazam
    Temple Run
    iMore
    Uber
    I also am a first time iPhone user and I like to take photos. What do these other photo apps do that is useful. "Editing" What is this extra stuff other than what already on the phone like making a photo B/W, cropping ? What else is useful ?
    10-26-2016 01:24 PM
    Airmail or Spark for email.
    10-26-2016 01:54 PM
    Camera+
    ProCamera +HDR
    Two of my fave iMessage sticker apps:
    Sticker Emoji
    Sticker Emoji by Cartoon Smart
    https://appsto.re/us/DwHhdb.i

Endless Monsters
    Endless Monsters by Originator Inc.
    https://appsto.re/us/WOiweb.i
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-26-2016 05:57 PM
    The iPhone will allow tethering if your data plans allows it.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-26-2016 06:47 PM
    Any third party app that lets u use optical zoom on the 7plus ?
    10-26-2016 07:37 PM
    There are a few apps that I know of that let you switch between the two lenses on the 7 Plus. For starters, there's Manual, Lightroom, Focus, and FiLMic Pro.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:00 PM
    I also am a first time iPhone user and I like to take photos. What do these other photo apps do that is useful. "Editing" What is this extra stuff other than what already on the phone like making a photo B/W, cropping ? What else is useful ?
    I can't speak for the others, but Snapseed allows for much more editing than the stock app that's included. It is extremely useful.
    AppleKarma and 1dtbrown like this.
    10-27-2016 07:00 AM
    WIth snapseed for instance, you can make all kind of adjustments and spot adjustments. You can adjust exposure, contract, highlights, shadows, warmth, saturation and ambiance. You can also crop, slight adjustments to perspective, sharpen, and spot enhancements. Lastly they have various filters you can use like Black and White, Grunge, vintage, HDR, Tonal, and a few more.

Some apps like Mextures offer a great opportunity to play with color and textures the Ansel App is a great black and white editing app.

Hipstamatic still might be my favorite, for its simplicity. Whenever I am in a rut with my actual camera I go out and shoot with my iPhone and Hipstamatic.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-27-2016 12:20 PM
    WIth snapseed for instance, you can make all kind of adjustments and spot adjustments. You can adjust exposure, contract, highlights, shadows, warmth, saturation and ambiance. You can also crop, slight adjustments to perspective, sharpen, and spot enhancements. Lastly they have various filters you can use like Black and White, Grunge, vintage, HDR, Tonal, and a few more.

Some apps like Mextures offer a great opportunity to play with color and textures the Ansel App is a great black and white editing app.

Hipstamatic still might be my favorite, for its simplicity. Whenever I am in a rut with my actual camera I go out and shoot with my iPhone and Hipstamatic.
    1dtbrown likes this.
    10-27-2016 12:21 PM
    I can't speak for the others, but Snapseed allows for much more editing than the stock app that's included. It is extremely useful.
    I definitely agree with that!
    ECU_Drummer likes this.
    10-27-2016 12:23 PM
    If you used a swiping style keyboard on Android (Swype, Swiftkey, etc.) and want that experience on iPhone (except for password boxes) go grab GBoard. It's a keyboard from Google that does swipe typing and you can search/etc. from within the keyboard. When I came over to iPhone last year I was using Swiftkey, but GBoard came out and it feels way better to me vs Swiftkey on iPhone.
    libra89 and AppleKarma like this.
    10-27-2016 01:24 PM
    One image editing app I've been using more and more is MaxCurve. It does some really cool stuff.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    10-27-2016 03:00 PM
    Tapatalk - Good app for connecting with forums (iMore)
    1Password - Great password managing app
    Ledsteplin and AppleKarma like this.
    10-27-2016 07:45 PM
    Am still on the dark side. But trying this encrypted text app as of today. It is also available on ios. Only mentioning as am sure you still have friends on Android & (provided they use as well) would enable more security.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sign...mUvbUpU2840668

Also attaching a decent write up about the developer from last year.
    https://www.wired.com/2016/07/meet-m...encryption-us/
    10-27-2016 08:59 PM
    ProCamis must have app in 7 us to exploit it's camera
    10-29-2016 01:00 AM
    I'm using procam 4 for camera snapping.
    10-29-2016 07:59 AM
    I know that the iPhone comes with a reminder app but my favorite is called 'Due' great app and I depend on it daily. One other is 'Day One' which is a journal app and allows for inputting things daily life. I even put in when I make a major purchase along with photo of item and receipt. Good for things with warranty.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    11-14-2016 04:35 PM
    Tapatalk - Good app for connecting with forums (iMore)
    1Password - Great password managing app
    As a new user also, thanks for the recommendations.

I just downloaded iPassword on my 6s Plus/ios 10.1 and a message pops up saying that this app will slow my phone down. Developer needs to update the app.

Having used Win and Android for many years, I have never seen such a message. Is this common for Apple apps? I love it, don't get me wrong. Just surprised.
    11-15-2016 07:36 AM
    Can anyone suggest as app or a method to alphabetize icons on the home and secondary screens. Thanks much.
    11-15-2016 07:41 AM

I just downloaded iPassword on my 6s Plus/ios 10.1 and a message pops up saying that this app will slow my phone down. Developer needs to update the app.

Having used Win and Android for many years, I have never seen such a message. Is this common for Apple apps? I love it, don't get me wrong. Just surprised.
    It is fine. Just click okay and you won't see the message again. Developer needs to update it for iOS 10.1.1, that is all. I have over 300 logins & software licenses and have never had it slow down my phone. I have several apps on my phone that gave me the message when I opened them. Apple only recently implemented this feature of warning you when using an app. Not a fan of it personally. But none of my apps has ever slowed my phone. Believe me, 1Password is a fast app. I have a 7 Plus 256GB.
    AppleKarma likes this.
    11-15-2016 08:10 AM
    thanks. I thought it was probably OK. Just had not seen this before.
    11-15-2016 08:24 AM
    Can anyone suggest as app or a method to alphabetize icons on the home and secondary screens. Thanks much.
    I have never seen this before with 1Password and I've had it for years, through almost all iterations of iOS. Currently on 10.1.1.
    11-15-2016 12:06 PM

You sure it's 1Password? I've never seen that pop up except on old outdated apps. Mostly those no longer in the App Store.
    11-15-2016 12:27 PM
31 12