iPhone Arrives today - Must Have Apps?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
As a new user also, thanks for the recommendations.

I just downloaded iPassword on my 6s Plus/ios 10.1 and a message pops up saying that this app will slow my phone down. Developer needs to update the app.

Having used Win and Android for many years, I have never seen such a message. Is this common for Apple apps? I love it, don't get me wrong. Just surprised.

It is fine. Just click okay and you won't see the message again. Developer needs to update it for iOS 10.1.1, that is all. I have over 300 logins & software licenses and have never had it slow down my phone. I have several apps on my phone that gave me the message when I opened them. Apple only recently implemented this feature of warning you when using an app. Not a fan of it personally. But none of my apps has ever slowed my phone. Believe me, 1Password is a fast app. I have a 7 Plus 256GB.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As a new user also, thanks for the recommendations.

I just downloaded iPassword on my 6s Plus/ios 10.1 and a message pops up saying that this app will slow my phone down. Developer needs to update the app.

Having used Win and Android for many years, I have never seen such a message. Is this common for Apple apps? I love it, don't get me wrong. Just surprised.

You sure it's 1Password? I've never seen that pop up except on old outdated apps. Mostly those no longer in the App Store.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
What is the benefit of using an app like 1password?

That may seem like a noob question but I've never taken notice of them and always use keychain across my apple devices, but so many recommend these password apps I'm now starting to wonder whether I am missing out on something good/useful!!

Appreciate any responses! Thanks guys :)

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
What is the benefit of using an app like 1password?

That may seem like a noob question but I've never taken notice of them and always use keychain across my apple devices, but so many recommend these password apps I'm now starting to wonder whether I am missing out on something good/useful!!

Appreciate any responses! Thanks guys :)

1Password has far more options than iCloud keychain. With that said, I still use both often.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Is tapatalk/tapatalk pro worth it? More so then using the iMore Forums app?

I use the free Tapatalk. No difference as you are looking at the iMore app pretty much from within Tapatalk. Where Tapatalk exceeds is it allows me to add any tech forums I am following. This way I do not need an app for every forum site I follow. They're all in one place within Tapatalk. But if iMore are the only forums you follow then the iMore or Tapatalk app will suffice. You don't need both. Hope that makes sense.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
If you like to do the RSS feeds thing and don't want to rely on Feedly, you might want to look at News Explorer. It syncs via iCloud to the iPhone, iPad, and has an Apple Watch app. And it's on the desktop. I just bought both versions and it's really nice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73