iPhone Arrives today - Must Have Apps?

HardHitter#AC

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

After being a life long Android fan, I'm taking a stroll on the iOS and iPhone 7 Plus which should be arriving today.

I have all my contacts synced with Google so transition on my contacts should be pretty straight forward. I only use certain apps, so I plan on manually installing them (all my banking apps, mint, facebook, etc.) but would LOVE to hear recommendations of new apps that you think are very useful. Below is a list of apps I'll put on my iPhone so we don't have overlap. If there is anything out there better than what I have below that does the same function, suggest it! Also looking for new games/apps for when I'm traveling.

All my airline apps (American, Southwest, Delta)
All my banking apps (WF, BofA)
Chrome
Dropcam
ESPN
Facebook
Yahoo Fantasy Sports
FoxFi (Does the iPhone allow free tethering without jailbreaking?)
GasBuddy
Gmail
GroupMe
Hangouts
Instagram
Google Maps
MyVerizon
Snapchat
Google Voice
TripIt (Manages all my travels)
SoundCloud/Spotify
Solitaire
Twitch
Yelp
Venmo

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If you like to take pictures I would high recommend: Snapseed for editing, Hipstamatic for shooting and/or editing, and Pure Shot. I have a ton more suggestions for photo Apps if that's your thing.

Other Recommend Apps:
Drop Box
Weather Channel
Shazam
Temple Run
iMore
Uber

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
If you like to take pictures I would high recommend: Snapseed for editing, Hipstamatic for shooting and/or editing, and Pure Shot. I have a ton more suggestions for photo Apps if that's your thing.

Other Recommend Apps:
Drop Box
Weather Channel
Shazam
Temple Run
iMore
Uber

I also am a first time iPhone user and I like to take photos. What do these other photo apps do that is useful. "Editing" What is this extra stuff other than what already on the phone like making a photo B/W, cropping ? What else is useful ?

Joseph Keller

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
There are a few apps that I know of that let you switch between the two lenses on the 7 Plus. For starters, there's Manual, Lightroom, Focus, and FiLMic Pro.

ECU_Drummer

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I also am a first time iPhone user and I like to take photos. What do these other photo apps do that is useful. "Editing" What is this extra stuff other than what already on the phone like making a photo B/W, cropping ? What else is useful ?

I can't speak for the others, but Snapseed allows for much more editing than the stock app that's included. It is extremely useful.

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
WIth snapseed for instance, you can make all kind of adjustments and spot adjustments. You can adjust exposure, contract, highlights, shadows, warmth, saturation and ambiance. You can also crop, slight adjustments to perspective, sharpen, and spot enhancements. Lastly they have various filters you can use like Black and White, Grunge, vintage, HDR, Tonal, and a few more.

Some apps like Mextures offer a great opportunity to play with color and textures the Ansel App is a great black and white editing app.

Hipstamatic still might be my favorite, for its simplicity. Whenever I am in a rut with my actual camera I go out and shoot with my iPhone and Hipstamatic.

iGore313

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

WIth snapseed for instance, you can make all kind of adjustments and spot adjustments. You can adjust exposure, contract, highlights, shadows, warmth, saturation and ambiance. You can also crop, slight adjustments to perspective, sharpen, and spot enhancements. Lastly they have various filters you can use like Black and White, Grunge, vintage, HDR, Tonal, and a few more.

Some apps like Mextures offer a great opportunity to play with color and textures the Ansel App is a great black and white editing app.

Hipstamatic still might be my favorite, for its simplicity. Whenever I am in a rut with my actual camera I go out and shoot with my iPhone and Hipstamatic.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
If you used a swiping style keyboard on Android (Swype, Swiftkey, etc.) and want that experience on iPhone (except for password boxes) go grab GBoard. It's a keyboard from Google that does swipe typing and you can search/etc. from within the keyboard. When I came over to iPhone last year I was using Swiftkey, but GBoard came out and it feels way better to me vs Swiftkey on iPhone.

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I know that the iPhone comes with a reminder app but my favorite is called 'Due' great app and I depend on it daily. One other is 'Day One' which is a journal app and allows for inputting things daily life. I even put in when I make a major purchase along with photo of item and receipt. Good for things with warranty.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk - Good app for connecting with forums (iMore)
1Password - Great password managing app

As a new user also, thanks for the recommendations.

I just downloaded iPassword on my 6s Plus/ios 10.1 and a message pops up saying that this app will slow my phone down. Developer needs to update the app.

Having used Win and Android for many years, I have never seen such a message. Is this common for Apple apps? I love it, don't get me wrong. Just surprised.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR