Spilled water into bottom of 7+ ...

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Got into speaker and lightning port. Waited a few hours before charging again. All was well.

Yay for water resistance!

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Great to hear! You may have not been so lucky with previous iPhone models.

Right?! If I put my LG G4 on the table then I'd be looking for a new phone now. Didn't really think about it when I plopped my 7+ down. Water cup got knocked over and the bottom of my 7+ took the hit first.

I wonder what would happen if I plugged in the charger without it being fully dry???

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Brought mine in the HotTub last night. Done it twice now. I stream Spotify to the stereo system. the first time was by accident and it slipped in the water. Last night was intentional and dunked it a few times

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Brought mine in the HotTub last night. Done it twice now. I stream Spotify to the stereo system. the first time was by accident and it slipped in the water. Last night was intentional and dunked it a few times

Lol tempting fate there I see.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm not exaggerating here. I rinse my phone off now and then in the sink and it has had no issues. Since I rarely use a case I like to give it a little wash.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Right?! If I put my LG G4 on the table then I'd be looking for a new phone now. Didn't really think about it when I plopped my 7+ down. Water cup got knocked over and the bottom of my 7+ took the hit first.

I wonder what would happen if I plugged in the charger without it being fully dry???

Probably better not to find out.

Dry that baby out before you plug her back in.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
And those who purchased the Pixel/Pixel XL tried telling me "I've never spilled water on my phone, so why would I need water resistance?". This is why. Yay for water resistance!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
And those who purchased the Pixel/Pixel XL tried telling me "I've never spilled water on my phone, so why would I need water resistance?". This is why. Yay for water resistance!

Can't knock them for saying that though; many of us were saying it not too long ago!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't knock them for saying that though; many of us were saying it not too long ago!

If I'm being honest, I still say it lol. Granted it's cool that it's there but I don't plan on changing my habits thus I'll never need to use it. I still keep my phone as far away from liquids as possible lol.

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I dropped a Samsung in a pool, that was the last time it ever worked. I hope I do not drop this phone in the pool but it sounds like it has a better chance to survive.

Waterproof feature was a big reason I switched to iPhone since the Note 7 battery issue

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

I actually saw a video of a Pixel surviving submerged in water for an hour, ALSO I have seen plenty of iPhone 6 and 6S videos of water tests and of extreme water survivability. Now while these phones don't have the rating they ARE actually quite durable. I don't recommend intentionally dunking ANY phone even the iPhone 7 UNLESS it's waterproof like some of the Sony and Samsung models. BUT feel safe and secure if it does take the accidental plop!

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Saw the title and first thing I thought was, isn't the iPhone 7 water resistant?

Glad your iPhone is all good OP! 👍

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Great to hear! You may have not been so lucky with previous iPhone models.

Funny you should mention older models. I think its a matter of quickness. Sunday night, A full 12oz glass of water spilled over the face of my 6. It was picked up before the water had even stopped moving. turned it off, rice bagged it till morning and all is well. Personally i think i dodged a bullet. I think the phone was picked up and dried so fast that water never got a chance to settle.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Funny you should mention older models. I think its a matter of quickness. Sunday night, A full 12oz glass of water spilled over the face of my 6. It was picked up before the water had even stopped moving. turned it off, rice bagged it till morning and all is well. Personally i think i dodged a bullet. I think the phone was picked up and dried so fast that water never got a chance to settle.

I'd say you got lucky because you were able to get the phone out of the water very quickly. Water touching the outside of the phone won't hurt it but exposing its internal components to water is a different story.

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
This is good to hear, as I use mine for navigation on my motorcycle. I had both the S7Edge and Note 7, and I got caught in some pretty nasty downpours with both of them without any issues. Hopefully this will handle it in similar fashion.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Got into speaker and lightning port. Waited a few hours before charging again. All was well.

Yay for water resistance!

Yep, having water resistance is so fantastic. A friend of mine dropper her iPhone in the toilet (don't know how this happens) but her phone was absolutely fine. ^_^

I think all devices should have IP68

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR