Maybe something like this may help some of you.....https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i...ne-6-7#9934539
    12-10-2016 04:49 PM
    That looks like one to keep an eye on. So far there have been tons of cheap splitter cables from China available online, but they only support audio playback and charging. They aren't supporting headsets, voice calls, the mic, or the control buttons.

The Belkin unit does at least support full headset operation, but does not support data transfer of any kind. The only device I've found that appears to do that is the official lightning dock, which Apple sells in parts. I am planning to pick up a base to see if it really works before buying the rest of it.

In the mean time, I'm trying to use webex audio for conferences with a wired headset on my laptop whenever I have that option. Trying to get by on BT has embarrassed me on calls twice this week, once on a jabra, once on a plantronics. Not cheap devices, just a lousy protocol stack.
    12-11-2016 02:16 AM
    But if you have a real need why buy the phone? I say this with all due respect but we all knew the headphone jack was removed so why buy the phone? I have a sports car with a very limited back seat, it make no sense to buy the car then complain that I don't have a backseat, I knew this going in.
    Like I said above, I am not impacted by the limitations as I don't use my cell for conference calls, and I have BT in my car so I can charge as j drive if needed. Now I do watch a ton of video on my iPad so I would never buy one sans Jack, as that would render it useless. I had a note 7 and loved the big screen, so buying a 6s plus seemed dumb vs the latest, financially, even though I disagreed with the change apple made.

So I can deal with it, but it does mean when travelling I have to get only vehicles with BT so I can gps without fear of losing charge, and I have to bring two sets of headphones when I travel now (one for iPad with Jack, one for iPhone without a jack).

Does it impact me alot? No. Does it impact some people, yes. Was it necessary and are we ready for the transition? No. And apple has proven the point since their grand solution to this isn't ready for primetime.
    12-11-2016 06:12 AM
    So for those who think removing the headjack was a good thing, that it was courageous and about time, how does the fact that Apple's solution for the removal, is still not ready for primetime? To me, if this was a long overdue change that the world was ready for, than Apple's solution should have been ready at least in concert with the removal of the jack.

Apple AirPods Are Still Delayed Because Of Technical Problems
    While I wish Apple would have left the headphone jack in, I feel your post is unfair. You could just as easily claim that "Apple's solution" was the Earbuds with a Lightning connector they included with the phone, as well as including the dongle. There are also the wireless Beats headphones, again an Apple product, that work just fine and should give better sound quality than the AirPods are designed to.

I find your post to be as convincing as those who claim that we should be grateful the headphone jack is gone because that is how Apple was able to make the phone waterproof. Both arguments are flawed.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    12-11-2016 07:21 AM
    When you're listening to music over BT, you're getting MP3-like audio compression over A2DP. Thats good enough for most peoples ear's, and Apple's AAC over BT should improve upon that.

When you're talking, audio doesn't fare so well. Your voice gets processed by the headset's DSP, and downsampled to either 16khz or 8khz mono, passed through a lossy encoder, and then on to your phone. Thats before it even gets to the phone, which then has to re-encode your voice with a different lossy codec, generally at 8khz, before passing it on to your carrier.

Sometimes its the DSP that misbehaves, sometimes its the BT radios, sometimes the second compressor chokes on artifacts from the first compressor. Sometimes though it works just fine.

See, its the future.
    robertk328 likes this.
    12-11-2016 11:02 AM
    Like I said above, I am not impacted by the limitations as I don't use my cell for conference calls, and I have BT in my car so I can charge as j drive if needed. Now I do watch a ton of video on my iPad so I would never buy one sans Jack, as that would render it useless. I had a note 7 and loved the big screen, so buying a 6s plus seemed dumb vs the latest, financially, even though I disagreed with the change apple made.

So I can deal with it, but it does mean when travelling I have to get only vehicles with BT so I can gps without fear of losing charge, and I have to bring two sets of headphones when I travel now (one for iPad with Jack, one for iPhone without a jack).

Does it impact me alot? No. Does it impact some people, yes. Was it necessary and are we ready for the transition? No. And apple has proven the point since their grand solution to this isn't ready for primetime.
    I'm in the same boat as you, I'm not overly affected by the change, I was just wondering about people views who are. I guess I'm just kinda old school and figure just don't buy the damn phone if it presents so many problems for you and let your dollars speak. I'm at a lost as to why people bought the phone then go in on it like it was a surprise. I get some people may have to use it for work or whatever but it seems kinda strange to buy something that doesn't fit your case use then complain like it was forced on ya. You as in generally not you specifically.
    Last edited by nthknd; 12-16-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    mogelijk and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-15-2016 08:50 PM
    As someon who has spoken to people using BT on a cell on a conference call, it may work for you, but I assure you it doesn't always work for the audience.

I use power beats 2 for my BT headphones, you tell me if they are a cheap *** solution. People I speak to often ask me to get off the headset and speak on the phone directly.
    It's not about the amount of money spent on a Bluetooth headset, I have been using them for about 10+ years now and have had several.

Before I got my truck with integrated Bluetooth, the most recent ear piece I had was the Senheiser Presence and I was happy with it. Nobody ever complained about having difficulty hearing me and I was never asked to get off the Bluetooth while on calls. I tried the Bose headset before the Senheiser and figured it should be the best on the market (especially at $150) but it was terrible and I had to return it.

I'm not sure but maybe the issue is trying to use "headphones" instead of a dedicated Bluetooth "headset". Perhaps using the headset that is meant expressly for phone conversations results in better call quality. I have never tried Bluetooth headphones though so this is just speculation.
    12-16-2016 07:15 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you, I'm not overly affected by the change, I was just wondering about people views who are. I guess I'm just kinda old school and figure just don't buy the damn phone if it presents so many problems for you and let your dollars speak. I'm at a lost as to why people bought the phone then go in on it like it was a surprise. I get some people may have to use it for work or whatever but it seems kinda strange to buy something that doesn't fit your case use then complain like it was forced on ya. You as in generally not you specifically.
    'Nuf said...
    12-16-2016 07:29 AM
    'Nuf said...
    Most people were upgrading two to three year old phones, honestly the only upgrade path was the iPhone 7.
    12-16-2016 07:45 AM
    Most people were upgrading two to three year old phones, honestly the only upgrade path was the iPhone 7.
    Maybe. Maybe not. If they wanted the latest "iPhone" then yes, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus were the only options. Still, it doesn't negate the fact that they knew prior to purchasing that the device no longer had the typical earphone jack. Furthermore, to blatantly ignore the supplied adapter is straight up selfish, in my opinion. Then again, I'm from a generation that will simply make use of what I have.
    nthknd likes this.
    12-16-2016 08:00 AM
    Maybe. Maybe not. If they wanted the latest "iPhone" then yes, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus were the only options. Still, it doesn't negate the fact that they knew prior to purchasing that the device no longer had the typical earphone jack. Furthermore, to blatantly ignore the supplied adapter is straight up selfish, in my opinion. Then again, I'm from a generation that will simply make use of what I have.
    A dongle isn't a solution. The New Mac Book Pros are an example of this. It isn't about the generation you are from, rather your blind love for anything Apple.
    12-16-2016 08:01 AM
    A dongle isn't a solution. The New Mac Book Pros are an example of this. It isn't about the generation you are from, rather your blind love for anything Apple.
    C'mon now. You and I both know that I don't have "blind love for anything Apple". You cannot provide an adequate enough argument to sway my opinion from what it is. I get that some people dislike Apple removing the traditional earphone jack. I get that some people disdain the excuse given for the change. I get that some people don't like having/using the supplied dongle. What I don't get are the excuses of people who are unwilling to make use of the supplied dongle and their perceived anger toward those of us who are not bothered by the removal of the headphone jack to the degree that they are. Buyers of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus had choices prior to purchasing them:

1. Buy the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus knowing that there isn't a traditional earphone jack.
    2. Keep your current iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus and continue enjoying the traditional earphone jack.
    3. Upgrade to an iPhone that still has the traditional earphone jack.
    4. Purchase the latest non-Apple smartphone that still has the traditional earphone jack.

Am I wrong for viewing this matter in a practical sense?
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 12-16-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    nthknd likes this.
    12-16-2016 08:51 AM
    I am bother but not bothered.

My personal phone, I cannot remember the last time I used the headphone jack. Everything is either Bluetooth or the speaker.

But my work phone, I listen to during work, I use a pair of headphones so that bothers me but the adapter isn't too bad since my headphone comes with a case so I throw everything in there. The dongle cost $9 and I bought a few just to have. But in the two months-ish I have had this phone, I still haven't opened the other dongles.

Bluetooth audio is very flat and battery life sucks. So there is a downside.

Yes dongles sucks to carry around but it's small enough to attach on the end of the headphone and not ever remember it's there.
    Just_Me_D and nthknd like this.
    12-16-2016 09:05 AM
    I am bother but not bothered.

My personal phone, I cannot remember the last time I used the headphone jack. Everything is either Bluetooth or the speaker.

But my work phone, I listen to during work, I use a pair of headphones so that bothers me but the adapter isn't too bad since my headphone comes with a case so I throw everything in there. The dongle cost $9 and I bought a few just to have. But in the two months-ish I have had this phone, I still haven't opened the other dongles.

Bluetooth audio is very flat and battery life sucks. So there is a downside.

Yes dongles sucks to carry around but it's small enough to attach on the end of the headphone and not ever remember it's there.
    The supplied dongle stays snugly connected to my Audio-Technica headphones, and I never think about them being lost. I also have wireless headsets so I'm good either way. In regard to work, I wish I did have the time to listen to music while working, but unfortunately, I'm constantly moving and being pulled from all directions....��....As for audio sounding flat via Bluetooth, I haven't noticed.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 12-16-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    nthknd and eyet like this.
    12-16-2016 09:50 AM
    Looking at the difference between the 6s and the 7s, it really isn't much of a difference when it comes to thickness. When I am on a call for 3-4 hours, not being able to charge my phone sucks. I like to use noise cancelling headphones as I work in a restaurant and it can get loud. I went to the Apple Store to find a dongle that would let me charge and listen at the same time and they told me nothing exist. I know there are third party alternatives but I would rather have first party, or "made for Apple iPhone" third party. I am only voicing my concerns regarding not having a headphone jack, it's anti- consumer. Honestly, thou I know we can agree, there is no substitute for the iPhone when it comes to the complete package and it works for me. I can't go back to the 6 or the 6s due to the crappy camera.
    eyet likes this.
    12-16-2016 10:02 AM
    The supplied dongle stays snugly connected to my Audio-Technical headphones, and I never think about them being lost. I also have wireless headsets so I'm good either way. In regard to work, I wish I did have the time to listen to music while working, but unfortunately, I'm constantly moving and being pulled from all directions........As for audio sounding flat via Bluetooth, I haven't noticed.
    I noticed it with Bluetooth headphones but I am picking up a Bose in ear one in a few weeks so I'll give that a shot and see how that works out. Even the Apple Ear sounds better then the BT ones I have. I have beats ones which we all know it's crap but I got it for half off. And I have tried one of the LG Bluetooth ones that has that plastic piece that wraps around your neck.

Depends on what I'm doing, I'm just running calibration work which takes time and it takes close to two weeks to calibrate the machine so I sit and wait so I just listen to music.
    12-16-2016 10:10 AM
    A lot of complaints over first world problems.

I'm a demanding user via senior IT admin work and so far no problems that make my 7 Plus not worth owning.
    nthknd likes this.
    12-16-2016 10:14 AM
    Looking at the difference between the 6s and the 7s, it really isn't much of a difference when it comes to thickness.
    No doubt.
    When I am on a call for 3-4 hours, not being able to charge my phone sucks.
    That's quite understandable.
    I like to use noise cancelling headphones as I work in a restaurant and it can get loud. I went to the Apple Store to find a dongle that would let me charge and listen at the same time and they told me nothing exist. I know there are third party alternatives but I would rather have first party, or "made for Apple iPhone" third party.
    I understand
    I am only voicing my concerns regarding not having a headphone jack, it's anti- consumer.
    Anti-consumer? I wouldn't say that. Not catering to all usage patterns? Definitely!
    Honestly, thou I know we can agree, there is no substitute for the iPhone when it comes to the complete package and it works for me.
    Yes, we are definitely in agreement there...
    I can't go back to the 6 or the 6s due to the crappy camera.
    (laughing)...I hear ya...
    rdubmu likes this.
    12-16-2016 10:17 AM
    Even if you were upgrading you still could have got the 6s or 6s plus or a android phone, your post makes it sound like there was just no other choice. I keep hearing people saying the 7 and 7 plus just wasn't a big enough upgrade to move from the 6s or the 6splus to the 7 then complain there's no jack on the 7, well damn you didn't want it anyways. Just saying as you get older you tend to learn life is made up of compromises and many times you'll have to decide what's important to you, even when your paying for it. I don't need a jack so I upgraded to the 7plus, if that changes then I'll cross that bridge then.
    12-16-2016 12:21 PM
    Even if you were upgrading you still could have got the 6s or 6s plus or a android phone, your post makes it sound like there was just no other choice. I keep hearing people saying the 7 and 7 plus just wasn't a big enough upgrade to move from the 6s or the 6splus to the 7 then complain there's no jack on the 7, well damn you didn't want it anyways. Just saying as you get older you tend to learn life is made up of compromises and many times you'll have to decide what's important to you, even when your paying for it. I don't need a jack so I upgraded to the 7plus, if that changes then I'll cross that bridge then.
    Unfortunately, I traded my 6s plus in for the 7 plus and was expecting there to be a dongle to be able to charge and use a headphone jack at the same time. This hasn't been released yet. I also didn't know how much of an issue this would be until I bought it. Others are also experiencing this both on this forum and in real life. If I could get a dongle that could do both that would be great. The sacrifice for the awesome battery life is worth it, but not having it for business consumers.. sucks
    nthknd likes this.
    12-16-2016 12:31 PM
    Looking at the difference between the 6s and the 7s, it really isn't much of a difference when it comes to thickness. When I am on a call for 3-4 hours, not being able to charge my phone sucks. I like to use noise cancelling headphones as I work in a restaurant and it can get loud. I went to the Apple Store to find a dongle that would let me charge and listen at the same time and they told me nothing exist. I know there are third party alternatives but I would rather have first party, or "made for Apple iPhone" third party. I am only voicing my concerns regarding not having a headphone jack, it's anti- consumer. Honestly, thou I know we can agree, there is no substitute for the iPhone when it comes to the complete package and it works for me. I can't go back to the 6 or the 6s due to the crappy camera.
    That not totally true, you can go back to the camera but you don't want to, I think sometimes we forget that life is about choices and compromises and we have to pick and choose what best for us in our situation. I'm not debating whether it was a good idea or not to remove the jack I'm just saying why buy the phone if the jack is an important feature that you need then complain it's not working for your case use. On another note I wonder if this is what Apple meant by being courageous? Removing the jack and pushing people forward ( depending on your view) and dealing with the backlash?
    12-16-2016 12:31 PM
    Who knew one lil hole could cause so much debate
    12-16-2016 12:49 PM
    Unfortunately, I traded my 6s plus in for the 7 plus and was expecting there to be a dongle to be able to charge and use a headphone jack at the same time. This hasn't been released yet. I also didn't know how much of an issue this would be until I bought it. Others are also experiencing this both on this forum and in real life. If I could get a dongle that could do both that would be great. The sacrifice for the awesome battery life is worth it, but not having it for business consumers.. sucks
    That I can understand, and I believe there's going to be solutions by different companies because it's a source of revenues. It's growing pains and changes is never easy. Also I found this i don't know if it's any good or a good solution .....http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...l_noapp%3Dtrue
    12-16-2016 12:53 PM
    6s / 6s Plus are still available, and they're only a year old. 2-3 year old phones would get a definite upgrade with those, and keep the headphone jack.
    12-17-2016 08:16 AM
    Buying an newer old phone would just delay the inevitable and you'd still be using an old phone. Once apple takes something from you they never give it back. And in a years time I think most manufacturers will have realized they too can save $0.03/unit on the jack and make $9/unit/headphone selling dongles.
    nthknd likes this.
    12-17-2016 12:44 PM
103 12345