Will there be an iPhone 7S and 7S Plus?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about it.
Maybe they'll start with roman numbers or even a whole different system.
Only 11 months to go. I can't wait.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Probably going to be the iphone 8 since it will be the 10 year iphone anniversary. I am already predicting that the phone will recieve a redesign with trimmed bezel, wireless charging, slightly improved screen, and some upgrades to the camera and processor. I am sure the next iphone will be cool and all but after paying full for this iphone 7 plus, I won't be upgrading again for at least two or three years.

Last edited:

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I think after this year they will go with just the iPhone moniker especially since this what would be a 7S year will produce a new design ground up based on what the last year and current rumors are. It only makes sense just iPhone and iPhone plus they are going to leave the numbers behind for this anniversary model.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I think after this year they will go with just the iPhone moniker especially since this what would be a 7S year will produce a new design ground up based on what the last year and current rumors are. It only makes sense just iPhone and iPhone plus they are going to leave the numbers behind for this anniversary model.

This makes sense to me. I can see them dropping the number altogether for the anniversary phone. I can see them calling it the iPhone 10 or X before calling it the iPhone 8. IMO that makes no sense.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
8 turned sideways is infinity...

Like what people are SUPPOSED to do when recording video!!!

I wish they would just fix this (ALL phone manufacturers) so if the phone is held vertical (portrait) the video is still shot horizontally. Vertical video is insanity. It's making the world insane!

They may even drop the iphone name altogether and call it Apple Phone.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Probably going to be the iphone 8 since it will be the 10 year iphone anniversary. I am already predicting that the phone will recieve a redesign with trimmed bezel, wireless charging, slightly improved screen, and some upgrades to the camera and processor. I am sure the next iphone will will be cool and all but after paying full for this iphone 7 plus, I won't be upgrading again for at least two or three years.

I agree. I think it will be the iPhone 8 with the new OLED screen. Since Apple already messed up the tick-tock of the design redesign life cycles of the phone, they might as well skip the iPhone 7s. (Tick is the non-S cycle, the "tock" the S models)

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Maybe Apple will pull a Samsung and Skip a number or two...or three. iPhone 10? There is precedence as Apple didn't have an iPhone 2 or iPhone 3 ... went straight to iPhone 3g.

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the theory about just calling them iPhone and iPhone plus makes the most sense. Regardless of what they're called, I'm excited.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox