why can't i hang up a call on my iphone 7 plus?

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
Before when I would answer a call I could look down and see a red circle and hit cancel. Now I can't seem to get the phone to hang up unless I unlock it first and then click a green bar at the top to get back to the phone app then hit the red circle. what am I doing wrong?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
What firmware are you on? 10.01/2/3?
Have you tried a ram reset? (hold power until you get the shut down slider then hold the home button till it releases the slide to shut down)
Have you tried a hard reset? (hold power and - volume button till the apple logo shows up)
You may need to try those options or maybe update if you're on older firmware.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Before when I would answer a call I could look down and see a red circle and hit cancel. Now I can't seem to get the phone to hang up unless I unlock it first and then click a green bar at the top to get back to the phone app then hit the red circle. what am I doing wrong?

This is an iOS 10 bug. It happens to me on my 6s Plus all the time. Incredibly annoying.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded 10.1 and still have the bug. This is crazy. Its not as bad but still happens.

Man that sucks. I haven't noticed it since my 6S Plus updated to 10.1, which also fixed a bug where my notifications wouldn't respond to touches.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Does this happen with a lot of phones? If not, take it to the Genius Bar, perhaps it needs to be exchanged for a new one.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if I am pulling it a bit from my head that would cause the phone to lock? Is that possible?

Do you have a screen protector on it? I'm starting to wonder if my screen protector needs to be removed and maybe replaced with a newer one. Maybe there has been some build up that is blocking some sensor or something. I dunno. Just grasping at straws here - it happened again today.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector on it? I'm starting to wonder if my screen protector needs to be removed and maybe replaced with a newer one. Maybe there has been some build up that is blocking some sensor or something. I dunno. Just grasping at straws here - it happened again today.

Nice thought. I think it's still a 10.1 issue is my feeling.

Sophos

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Wait, this is a bug? Same thing happens to me but I thought Apple made the change on purpose. If you tap the contact circle (picture if your contact has one) the phone controls, including the hangup button, reappear.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods