RSS app?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for an RSS reader app for my iPhone. One that does not require me to sign up for an account or sign in with social media. I've tried News Free, Fee RSS Reader and Newsify already and found them all to be lacking in one way or other.

Other than using RSS feeds I configure, I do not want it to aggregate any other sources.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reeder 3

Not only can you sign in to various services, you can add and maintain the RSS feeds locally without an account of some sort.

IMG_0151.JPG

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. That one I was hesitant to try out since it has no free trial period. I see now that it also includes support for a variety of RSS services that don't use social media sign-ins, as well as at least one self-install server (I own my own domain on a host system, I can install stuff there).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for Reeder. They also have a Mac app if you want, but you'll only get syncing between the two (I use it on my phone and Mac) if you use one of the services. I use Feedly. I don't like the Feedly interface compared to Reeder, but it does work great with keeping things consistent across devices. Even if you don't use more than one device, eventually you'll need a new one and one of the sync services will help keep from having to subscribe to all of your feeds again.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I took a look at some of the supported services. For paid services, FeedHQ looks good (ie "cheap"). And also Fever which I can install on my own server.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I took a look at some of the supported services. For paid services, FeedHQ looks good (ie "cheap"). And also Fever which I can install on my own server.

Whichever you'd like -- I went with Feedly because it took Google's subscriptions when they shut down their Google Reader service. Works well :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods