iPhone 7 Plus iCloud mail push problems

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
The last 3 days, my iCloud mail is no longer pushing. It's been extremely frustrating and I am missing out on emails I need to be on top of. I won't get emails ping me until I open up the app and then they come in. For instance, I ordered some products on amazon and the email came in at 1830 BUT my phone didn't notify me until I hopped in the application and then it came in (as well as a few others).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any fixes you might know of?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. iCloud email notifications are pushing to my devices. Have you tried resetting your network settings?

oharsh

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
The last 3 days, my iCloud mail is no longer pushing. It's been extremely frustrating and I am missing out on emails I need to be on top of. I won't get emails ping me until I open up the app and then they come in. For instance, I ordered some products on amazon and the email came in at 1830 BUT my phone didn't notify me until I hopped in the application and then it came in (as well as a few others).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any fixes you might know of?

Yes I'm having the same problems. Was hopeful iOS 10.0.3 would fix the issue. The Apple support person said to restore my iPhone back to factory settings and then see if the issue continues. I'm not going to do that because it's quite obvious I'm not the only experiencing this issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm having the same problems. Was hopeful iOS 10.0.3 would fix the issue. The Apple support person said to restore my iPhone back to factory settings and then see if the issue continues. I'm not going to do that because it's quite obvious I'm not the only experiencing this issue.

Just because you're not the only person experiencing the problem doesn't mean that the advice given isn't the fix for that problem.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Started shift this morning and my partner also lost his iCloud email push a few days ago. After he heard me listening to Apple support, he chimed in and said he had the same problem.

ColmM10

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 10.0.3. I've double checked I have push on, but every 4-5 hours I'll get about 10 emails at once and they're all dated at earlier times. Only noticed the problem starting a week or two ago.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
That was happening to me to the point I wasn't even getting pushes once I opened the app. Only thing that solved it was updating to 10.1 b5

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Push email to my iCloud address still not working consistently, not on any of the betas, nor on the now official 10.1 release.

I've had to abandon using my iCloud address, as I rely on timely emails for work notifications, and I often don't get iCloud emails until I manually open the app. It worked fine until a week or two ago.

Ironically, I was forwarding my Gmail to my iCloud address since the Mail app won't receive Gmail in real-time.

There are numerous threads in Apple's support forums about this, but no consistent answers.

I hope the problem gathers more publicity.

EDIT: iCloud email is still delivered in real-time to my Mac, however.