Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tekjunkie28
  • 1 Post By Craig
  • 1 Post By BreakingKayfabe
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    jayzero76's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default 3GB RAM

    hello

    just wondering if there is a different performing iPhone 7 vs iPhone 7 plus because of the extra RAM. we tried to make some tests but could not see the differences booth iphones running BETA 10.1 .
  2. #2  

    Default Re: 3GB RAM

    Quote Originally Posted by jayzero76 View Post
    hello

    just wondering if there is a different performing iPhone 7 vs iPhone 7 plus because of the extra RAM. we tried to make some tests but could not see the differences booth iphones running BETA 10.1 .
    I'm still settling in with my iPhone 7 Plus, but thus far, I haven't noticed any differences in performance that favors it over the iPhone 7. Typically, I would set my phone as new, but due to time constraints, and the fact that I'm in a little competition (game-based), I opted to restore from the backup I made this morning of my iPhone 7 before swapping it out at the Apple Store. I'm hoping that this coming Friday will be the day when I have the time to set it up as new.
  3. #3  
    tekjunkie28's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3GB RAM

    With the was apples new coding works with the animations and the larger screen size there shouldn't be any performance benefits. I fact the plus performs slightly slower then the 7 because of that.
  4. #4  

    Default 3GB RAM

    Quote Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 View Post
    With the was apples new coding works with the animations and the larger screen size there shouldn't be any performance benefits. I fact the plus performs slightly slower then the 7 because of that.
    You may be on to something. I've only had my iPhone 7 Plus for just under 24 hours, but to this point, the iPhone 7 that I had is faster. Granted, I haven't taken the time to set up my iPhone 7 Plus as new yet, but hopefully I'll be able to later this week.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 10-16-2016 at 09:25 AM.
  5. #5  
    tekjunkie28's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3GB RAM

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    You may be on to something. I've only had my iPhone 7 Plus for just under 24 hours, but to this point, the iPhone 7 that I had is faster. Granted, I haven't taken the time to set it up my iPhone 7 Plus as new yet, but hopefully I'll be able to later this week.
    Oh I know I am lol!! Look at some really in depth benchmarks such at Anandtechs review. It is slower the. The iPhone 7 because of the screen resolution.

    I iPhone pluses render is a much higher resolution and then is scaled down.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  6. #6  
    baconman4321's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    8 Posts

    Default Re: 3GB RAM

    But was it that much different on the iPhone 6s vs 6s plus. The extra GB should outperform the 7.

    Maybe in the future
  7. #7  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: 3GB RAM

    Quote Originally Posted by baconman4321 View Post
    But was it that much different on the iPhone 6s vs 6s plus. The extra GB should outperform the 7.

    Maybe in the future
    The change in RAM does not effect the actual performance of the phone that much. The extra ram on the 7+ will support the higher graphics and camera. Remember RAM is temporary storage. If the 7+ had a different set of processors than the 7, than there may be a difference. The added GB of ram will not have much of an effect except allow the 7+ to support the added features.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    jayzero76's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3GB RAM

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    The change in RAM does not effect the actual performance of the phone that much. The extra ram on the 7+ will support the higher graphics and camera. Remember RAM is temporary storage. If the 7+ had a different set of processors than the 7, than there may be a difference. The added GB of ram will not have much of an effect except allow the 7+ to support the added features.
    but what about the iphone 6s and 6s plus? would be different. latest story i heard was that the internal storage 32 GB vs 128 GB makes the iphone perform different. because of loading time...
  9. #9  
    Matty's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,942 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3GB RAM

    Quote Originally Posted by jayzero76 View Post
    hello

    just wondering if there is a different performing iPhone 7 vs iPhone 7 plus because of the extra RAM. we tried to make some tests but could not see the differences booth iphones running BETA 10.1 .
    You shouldn't notice a performance difference unless a lot of applications and games are open. IOS is generally good with memory management. Both have the same processor.
  10. #10  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,510 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,891 Global Posts

    Default Re: 3GB RAM

    i'm almost positive the extra 1GB of RAM in the 7 Plus is there mostly for camera processing.
    Tartarus likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Ram issues?
    By JB184351 in forum macOS Sierra
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2016, 11:41 AM
  2. Any news about RAM??
    By iEsther in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-27-2016, 07:25 AM
  3. Tear down yet? 3GB confirmed?
    By SkydiverTilt in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 06:20 PM
  4. Does the iPhone 7 really only have 2gb of ram?
    By jaleelhamid in forum iPhone 7
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-17-2016, 08:43 AM
  5. 7plus. 3GB Ram
    By lmws214 in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 08:55 AM

Posting Permissions