Ok...I caved.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised as well at how the 7 Plus fits into my life. Despite smallish hands I have become very used to using it. I'm also surprised at how well it fits into my pockets. No regrets about my decision to go with the 7 Plus.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
By the time my next upgrade cycle comes around (May 2018) I may have an iPad of some sort. If I do, Ill probably go for the smaller one rather than the Plus. My reasoning for the Plus right now is I dont have a tablet, and wanted something easy to see watch videos on when Im out and about. I wont need that if I have a tablet.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on the new iPhone. I was the same way - plus size phones were to big, but now I have been sporting a 6s plus since launch. The 7 is tempting but still love the 6.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, you turned out to be 100% right.......Seriously, there was nothing about the iPhone 7 I didn't like, and I honestly planned on keeping it until the release of the 10th anniversary iPhone, but man, I just missed using the Plus model. The difference in the camera wasn't a consideration, the extra RAM was a slight motivation, and I do mean slight. It boiled down to my preference for using a bigger device.

Do you notice much difference in battery? I can't speak to the difference between the 7 to 7 Plus in terms of battery but the difference from the 6S to the 7 Plus in battery is night and day. Based on that reason alone I wouldn't go down in size. My wife loves her 7. I'm a Plus'er now.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Battery on the Plus models is amazing! my 6 Plus was and my 7 Plus is! If I forget to charge at night it's no problem the next day, NOW at some point on day 2 yes I DO have to find a charger, BUT I can start my day without issue. Find me an Android that can do that!

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Congrats bro enjoy it! Was going to get a plus again this year but decided against it. I have an iPhone 7 for work but have an Android for personal. I am thinking that next year for the redesign I will go back to a Plus model. Loved my 6s Plus but gonna wait it out another year. May be hard but dunno lol!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
TLD1 has joined the (matte) dark side woohoo!!!
Ok seriously I am still tickled pink every time I use mine, so much in fact that my belligerent man who swore up and down that he'd never use an iPhone ended up grabbing my old 6 Plus and activating it as his daily driver.

I still do a happy dance every time I use my 7 Plus lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you notice much difference in battery? I can't speak to the difference between the 7 to 7 Plus in terms of battery but the difference from the 6S to the 7 Plus in battery is night and day. Based on that reason alone I wouldn't go down in size. My wife loves her 7. I'm a Plus'er now.

No, not yet. I mean, I can go all day on a single charge, but so far, the battery life is less than my iPhone 6S, but not by much. Granted, I'm experimenting with it and I've not taken the time to set it up as new yet. I know the battery life will be even better after I do that so I'm not worried about it at all.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
No, not yet. I mean, I can go all day on a single charge, but so far, the battery life is less than my iPhone 6S, but not by much. Granted, I'm experimenting with it and I've not taken the time to set it up as new yet. I know the battery life will be even better after I do that so I'm not worried about it at all.

I set my Plus up as a new phone, and although I haven't really let it run until it dies yet to accurately measure longevity...it is easily still double what my 6s was getting. At the end of a 12-hour-plus day, my Plus is at 60-70% where my 6s was great if it had a 20% charge left. Even if it gets no better after a full-drain/full-charge routine, I'm very satisfied.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I set my Plus up as a new phone, and although I haven't really let it run until it dies yet to accurately measure longevity...it is easily still double what my 6s was getting. At the end of a 12-hour-plus day, my Plus is at 60-70% where my 6s was great if it had a 20% charge left. Even if it gets no better after a full-drain/full-charge routine, I'm very satisfied.

I misspoke. I referenced the iPhone 6S when I meant to reference my iPhone 6S Plus. Sorry about that.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Nice! Enjoy!

Ok...after huffing and puffing about how perfect the size of the iPhone 7 was, and how "too stinking big" the Plus was...that it felt like an iPad Pro in the front pocket of my slacks...I caved.

I stumbled across a 256gb Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus at Best Buy yesterday evening, after everybody in town said they'd been out of Plusses for weeks and that nobody would have any Matte Black ones in stock until the latter part of November. I casually walked into the Best Buy Mobile at my local mall and asked if they had any...expecting the same old story. Suprise! They had ONE that they had gotten in an hour before. I virtually HAD to pull the trigger. Yes...256gb is insane. I'll never use half of that...in fact, probably not half of half of that. But...it's there, and it's what they had THEN.

And you know what...seriously? It doesn't feel that big in my pocket. I got used to it today at work after only an hour or so. No big deal.

I'm stoked with it. Beautiful screen...everything is bigger and better than my 7 was. And, for a guy who's not getting any younger...it's a whole lot easier to read stuff on too. And, the matte black color with the black leather Apple case looks sexy. Boom!

We have a winner! :yes::biggrin:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Totally going to the larger phone next time... like @Quis89 I'm looking forward to the extra battery power, and can't wait to try that camera (portrait mode and OIS will be welcomed!)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok...after huffing and puffing about how perfect the size of the iPhone 7 was, and how "too stinking big" the Plus was...that it felt like an iPad Pro in the front pocket of my slacks...I caved.

I stumbled across a 256gb Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus at Best Buy yesterday evening, after everybody in town said they'd been out of Plusses for weeks and that nobody would have any Matte Black ones in stock until the latter part of November. I casually walked into the Best Buy Mobile at my local mall and asked if they had any...expecting the same old story. Suprise! They had ONE that they had gotten in an hour before. I virtually HAD to pull the trigger. Yes...256gb is insane. I'll never use half of that...in fact, probably not half of half of that. But...it's there, and it's what they had THEN.

And you know what...seriously? It doesn't feel that big in my pocket. I got used to it today at work after only an hour or so. No big deal.

I'm stoked with it. Beautiful screen...everything is bigger and better than my 7 was. And, for a guy who's not getting any younger...it's a whole lot easier to read stuff on too. And, the matte black color with the black leather Apple case looks sexy. Boom!

We have a winner! :yes::biggrin:

Well, you lasted longer than I did. I caved at 3AM the night the preorder started. Seriously though, congrats on your 7 Plus. It's a ridiculously nice phone, until I cave again in about 11 months.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods