Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Idelgado782
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

Default Cursor Track pad mode on 7 plus - this alone will get me to switch to ios...

Hey all,

To make a long story short, I'm been with Android since it's inception. I've also used my fair share of BB and Windows phones on the side.... (I have always also had the newest generation of iPhone on my hip for a work phone... Currently at the iPhone 6 still).

Through all these years, I always told myself that I would sell my soul to and switch to the OS/phone that PROPERLY implemented 360 degree cursor movement within sentences and paragraphs while typing...

Not keeping up with the latest Apple ios features, I'm just now realizing that the 3d touch on the 7 plus (and 6s line as well) will allow those free cursor movement....

How does this work in practice? Fluid? Second nature? I always hate long pressing my giant finger in the center of a word to try and place the cursor right where I need it...

Hmmmm
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,126 Global Posts

Default Re: Cursor Track pad mode on 7 plus - this alone will get me to switch to ios...

It works in most applications. I found ine or rwo that it does not work in. It takes a Force Touch to activate, then you can lighten the pressure to normal while using.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts

Default Re: Cursor Track pad mode on 7 plus - this alone will get me to switch to ios...

Yes, i love the 3d trackpad mode very much. I never succeded to use my thumb to move the cursor in the center of a word
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

I didn't realize this was activated a while ago for the 6s and up. I couldn't figure it out either so I searched on YouTube. Here's a link to a helpful video I found.

iMore Intermediate

I love the cursor mode on the stock keyboard. Once I started to use this feature on my iPad Pro I had a hard time not having it on my iPhone 6. I ❤️ that I finally can use this on my iPhone 7 plus.