I believe I have now officially used every tempered glass screen protector known to man on my iPhones since my 6...and NONE of them stay stuck around the edges. They all either give the dreaded "halo effect" or chip around the edge for no apparent reason. I even went through two of the fancy (and very expensive) new ZAGG Sapphire Defense protectors...and they are no better. So...having peeled the last one off in disgust, I am now rocking a naked screen. Bah!

And, I finally figured that if I drop the phone and damage the screen I can replace the whole phone through AC+ for $99 anyway.
    12-16-2016 03:18 PM
    I don't own an iPhone 7 Plus, but I have the iPhone 6s. I never used a screen protector on it until recently, when I discovered a very fine, tiny scratch on my screen. It was so minor, I probably could have been find without the screen protector, but I'm really OCD about stuff like that. I got a three pack of cheap tempered glass screen protectors. But up until recently, it's been years since I ever used a screen protector on a phone (last time was on my iPhone 4 for a very short time in 2011).
    12-16-2016 03:26 PM
    I believe I have now officially used every tempered glass screen protector known to man on my iPhones since my 6...and NONE of them stay stuck around the edges. They all either give the dreaded "halo effect" or chip around the edge for no apparent reason. I even went through two of the fancy (and very expensive) new ZAGG Sapphire Defense protectors...and they are no better. So...having peeled the last one off in disgust, I am now rocking a naked screen. Bah!

And, I finally figured that if I drop the phone and damage the screen I can replace the whole phone through AC+ for $99 anyway.
    Screen replacement under AppleCare+ is now only $29 (at least in the USA).
    12-16-2016 09:30 PM
    Phantom Glass is the best. I had it on my Android for 2 years with not a mark or any lifting on the edges. My daughter has it on her SE. No issues either. The way the 6 and 6S screen is made it doesn't adhere well.

Going bare, for now.
    12-17-2016 11:46 AM

The Belkin sold and installed at the Apple Store won't have that halo effect.
    12-17-2016 11:51 AM
    Anytime I go without a screen protector, I get light scratching in the oleophobic coating. It never fails. So I use glass screen protectors.
    dchandler likes this.
    12-17-2016 11:52 AM
    This phone is new to me. I had an Otterbox defender on my old Blackberry and I hated the built in screen protector. I found that since I knew the screen protector was there, I was much more careless than I had ever been in the past with my phone. I threw it in my purse or pocket and scratched the screen protector. Previous to my last phone, I never used a case either, just a holster and I would always put the phone back in the holster.

So, I have not yet put a screen protector on my 7+ but I have an Otterbox Statement case which does have a lip that covers the edge of the screen and I am using a holster (making sure to always put the phone back in the holster when I'm not using or carrying it.

I had Apple Care on my iPad Air and never used it. I also have it on my 7+ and hope to never have to use it.
    12-18-2016 03:21 PM
132 ... 456