Buying Verizon 7 Plus at Apple Store w/o Verizon account

Bruce Mao

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
If I purchase a Verizon 7 Plus at full price at an Apple store, will I be able to do so without having a Verizon account? For example, can I say that I'm buying it as a gift and walk out without having to give any phone account info? I'm on T-Mobile, but waiting for T-Mobile to send anything would take forever.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple is now selling the sim free variants of phones, so you can likely get one compatible with Verizon with no issues.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Either sim free variant as mentioned, or buy the Verizon one. I know if you try doing an order online from Apple, not the store, it asks for Verizon account information.

aggie

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm an AT&T customer (for now) and bought a 256 gb Verizon MB Plus with no issues. There was obviously no option for carrier financing, so I paid cash. Not sure if they would do it on the iPhone Upgrade program. I would think there wouldn't be an issue there as that is not done via the carriers.

Bruce Mao

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm an AT&T customer (for now) and bought a 256 gb Verizon MB Plus with no issues. There was obviously no option for carrier financing, so I paid cash. Not sure if they would do it on the iPhone Upgrade program. I would think there wouldn't be an issue there as that is not done via the carriers.

Awesome, exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'll be going in at opening and hoping they don't give me any issues, either.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Now that you can buy an unlocked SIM free iPhone 7 / 7+ from Apple Direct, that would be your best choice. Would give you all the direct Apple support and you can buy any phone choice you want.

Bruce Mao

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm coming from a Note 7, so I needed a phone asap. Anything online would take 3-4 weeks whereas if I went in store, I could get it today (which i did!) Glad to be a part of the community now!

anon(427874)

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm coming from a Note 7, so I needed a phone asap. Anything online would take 3-4 weeks whereas if I went in store, I could get it today (which i did!) Glad to be a part of the community now!

Was it an iPhone 7 or 7+? I was able to walk-in and pickup a sim-free 7 today, rather than wait 3-4 weeks per an online order. I did not think to ask if a 7+ was available, assuming that it was not.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Was it an iPhone 7 or 7+? I was able to walk-in and pickup a sim-free 7 today, rather than wait 3-4 weeks per an online order. I did not think to ask if a 7+ was available, assuming that it was not.

There are many 7+ phones available in store now. I just did an apple check and found 3 different 7+ models at 2 stores in my state. So more are showing up. Maybe not the size / color the person wants, but they're there.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2