Anyone move from a Note to an iPhone?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Looking on the Apple site, looks like the closest store would be in Boise or Spokane.

Yeah, I thought about it after posting and went and checked. Boise is 10 hours from me and Spokane is 3 to 4 hours depending on the route you take. I like my phone but I don't know if a four hour drive through winter weather (already!!) passes is worth it.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Agreed on all, but what do you mean by crappy battery?

Crappy as in it turned the phone into an incendiary device?

Or crappy as in SOT and usage time?

Sorry for confusion - speaking to battery fires, not to SOT/usage. It was good, but not as good as my former 6s+ or current 7+.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for confusion - speaking to battery fires, not to SOT/usage. It was good, but not as good as my former 6s+ or current 7+.

Then I completely agree with you. I used to drag my charger to work with me, I work twelve hour shifts on nights at a hospital, and I don't even have to with my iPhone 6S Plus. Hoping the battery will be just as great with the 7 Plus when it gets here next week.

Dleex84

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Just signed up for account...i am writing this on my 2nd note 7 from verizon costco....placed a order last night fir iphone plus 7 256gb in apple black..i wanted 128gb but the backorder will ship december...the 256 ships on 18th next week. For the record i am old school, started multiplr nokia phones then htc, then samsung galaxys. Had a iphone 6 hated it and gave to my mom. Now unfortunately im forced to get an iphone since its the 2nd best phone out right now besides the bomb fire hazard phone which i love. Hopefully the iphone 7 plus meets my needs and can last until note 8 comes out.

Btw any recommended phone cases or tempered screen protectors? I want a nice leather slim and dies anyone know any fish eye lens i can add on for iphone 7 plus?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I work 12hr noc shift in my hospital and batfery is amazing on note7.

Agreed. But I play games on my phone during downtime and those were battery suckers. They keep my mind awake. Browsing and texting was fine, but near the end of the night when I'm ready for sleep I need Game of Drones to get the adrenaline pumping.

Plus our hospital is a PokeStop and gym. Go Team Instinct!

felloffthetruck

iPhone 7 Plus Champion
Champion
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Then I completely agree with you. I used to drag my charger to work with me, I work twelve hour shifts on nights at a hospital, and I don't even have to with my iPhone 6S Plus. Hoping the battery will be just as great with the 7 Plus when it gets here next week.

Battery life sucks on the 7 + :rotfl:

credo

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Just signed up for account...i am writing this on my 2nd note 7 from verizon costco....placed a order last night fir iphone plus 7 256gb in apple black..i wanted 128gb but the backorder will ship december...the 256 ships on 18th next week. For the record i am old school, started multiplr nokia phones then htc, then samsung galaxys. Had a iphone 6 hated it and gave to my mom. Now unfortunately im forced to get an iphone since its the 2nd best phone out right now besides the bomb fire hazard phone which i love. Hopefully the iphone 7 plus meets my needs and can last until note 8 comes out.

Btw any recommended phone cases or tempered screen protectors? I want a nice leather slim and dies anyone know any fish eye lens i can add on for iphone 7 plus?

credo

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I forgot to add my words to the above. Dleex84, when I ordered, it also said the 18th. I received a FedEx notification that I'll have it tomorrow.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Mine as well, my previous note 5's battery decreased 20% each hour

Wow. I had a 64 GB Note 5 for quite awhile, it was bad but I don't think it got that bad. I liked the Note 5 a lot, I would have got another, heck, probably would, but I think their battery life would be torture compared to my iPhone.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Wow. I had a 64 GB Note 5 for quite awhile, it was bad but I don't think it got that bad. I liked the Note 5 a lot, I would have got another, heck, probably would, but I think their battery life would be torture compared to my iPhone.

I can't stand the battery performance, sold it and switch to 6s+, missed the nfc and spen though

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Are the rumors true that Samsung and the carriers will disable (brick) the Note 7 in the near future for safety reasons? If they do this what recourse do the customers have to make them whole? Is there a time frame for returning the devices?

This is a mess!!!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Are the rumors true that Samsung and the carriers will disable (brick) the Note 7 in the near future for safety reasons? If they do this what recourse do the customers have to make them whole? Is there a time frame for returning the devices?

This is a mess!!!

I was told, despite already having the 6SP, that they would be sending a box, they as in Samsung/Verizon. I know if you're with Verizon your account is already reset to available upgrade. So if you had an upgrade available August 1st it has been reset to that. Then if you so choose you can go online and order a new phone. Verizon is trying pretty hard to get the phones back AND streamline the process.

Either way, I believe most, if not all carriers are sending the hefty boxes to their Note 7 customers and expect the phones back. I don't know how they're going to do it without "threatening" people with monetary recourse. A lot of people bought the phone outright.

T48

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

This is a mess!!!

No. There has not been one single official announcement that either Samsung or your carrier will block your imei number or disable your device by x date. However, you should receive or have already received a refund on your device if purchased via carrier. Samsung also has an avenue for those that have purchased via ebay/swappa,craigslist etc. Additionally they are issuing(at least in the US) a $100 bill credit with the retail purchase of another Samsung device. $25 if you switch brands.
Samsung offers $100 credit to swap your Note 7 for another Galaxy phone | Android Central

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a jet black 128gb plus after retuned my replacement note. I really loved the phone but of course safety first. There really wasn't an equal competitor in the android world for the note 7 and I'm always switching between iOS and android anyway.

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
No. There has not been one single official announcement that either Samsung or your carrier will block your imei number or disable your device by x date. However, you should receive or have already received a refund on your device if purchased via carrier. Samsung also has an avenue for those that have purchased via ebay/swappa,craigslist etc. Additionally they are issuing(at least in the US) a $100 bill credit with the retail purchase of another Samsung device. $25 if you switch brands.
Samsung offers $100 credit to swap your Note 7 for another Galaxy phone | Android Central

To be fair the post did say "rumors".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro