Anyone move from a Note to an iPhone?

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What I really love is Apple Pay. In Canada Apple Pay is widely accepted due to the contactless terminals everywhere. Basically anywhere I go I can use my phone or watch to pay. Android Pay or Samsung Pay still isn't available in Canada

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I had two Note 7s and then decided to go with the Pixel XL which never materialized for me. The phone sold out before my order was filled. With a new Ship date of Late November I decided to look elsewhere. I was using my 4x retired HTC Droid which is struggling.

In doing research on phones I noticed how Awesome the iPhone hardware was rated. The iPhone I would consider was also backed ordered to December! I hit the streets ASAP after I missed out on the Pixel to see what was in stock in stores.

I just cold called stores and told them my situation. One guy, who had his act together actually listened and new what he had in the store told me some lady had just returned a 7+ in 256GB which I could have.

I jumped on it, thinking I could sell it if I did not like it. I like it a lot and will keep it.

sznajder

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Placed the order for Note 7 but after 2 weeks waiting canceled and went - for the first time with IPhone 7 plus. After several HTC, S4,S5 S6 and Note 4 decided to switch to Apple. Love how smooth everything works .

JessiLulu

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
After the 2 Note7 recalls, I decided to change to i7+ like several others. I have used Android for years and am so excited to try Apple. I ordered the i7+ MB 32GB with TMO on Oct. 22nd. I have ESD of 11/28-12/19. I hope it arrives a lot sooner as I am impatient. :)

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Jumped Note 7 ship with the second recall. Am absolutely happy with my iPhone 7 Plus 256 GB Matte Black. I haven't missed the Note at all since adjusting back into iOS for the first time since the 5S

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
The hardest transition for me has been, how to get that button working to take me where I want to go!

I have had the phone a week and still having trouble with navigation.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
The hardest transition for me has been, how to get that button working to take me where I want to go!

I have had the phone a week and still having trouble with navigation.

The button takes you home. Anytime you're trying to go back, swipe from the left edge or use the back arrow on the top left corner. You can double tap (without pressing) the home button to bring the top down closer if using one handed.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I am really enjoying my ip7 plus. Also came from two note 7's which I loved. Been with Android since there first iteration but I have to say I'm very happy with this phone and iOS 10 so far. It's steadily growing on me every day. I can't actually believe it but I'm becoming more of a fan every day.

Same here. Such a refreshing change.

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
The button takes you home. Anytime you're trying to go back, or use the back arrow on the top left corner. You can double tap (without pressing) the home button to bring the top down closer if using one handed.

Very cool to double tap to lower the screen!

"swipe from the left edge" In what situations does this work?

If I press the home button sometimes Siri is activated, I think with a long press, Sometimes the page which is used to close apps comes up and I am not sure of the last two I mentioned how that happens.

Also for the Android tweaker geeks I found you can sign up for Apple Beta Program which gets you new apps to try and review for Apple.

Thanks All

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Very cool to double tap to lower the screen!

"swipe from the left edge" In what situations does this work?

If I press the home button sometimes Siri is activated, I think with a long press, Sometimes the page which is used to close apps comes up and I am not sure of the last two I mentioned how that happens.

Also for the Android tweaker geeks I found you can sign up for Apple Beta Program which gets you new apps to try and review for Apple.

Thanks All

Swiping from the left edge works any time you have the back arrow at the top. It does the same exact thing as what the back button would do on Android.

1dtbrown

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Swiping from the left edge works any time you have the back arrow at the top. It does the same exact thing as what the back button would do on Android.

So that works well in Safari, I get lost traveling from app to app. Seems to me there is a dual screen option?

OH!! I just adjusted my swipe from the left and now I see all my open apps, its all about touch!

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
So that works well in Safari, I get lost traveling from app to app. Seems to me there is a dual screen option?

OH!! I just adjusted my swipe from the left and now I see all my open apps, its all about touch!

Swiping normal from the left goes back. If you use 3D Touch from the left it shows recent apps. You'll figure it out lol.

queenren

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Note 7 was great but I don't miss it one bit having the iPhone 7 Plus now.

This! It's funny because before the 2nd official recall, I had already stopped using my Note 7 because even the replacements didn't feel right to me. The fact that my phone would get consistently warm no matter what I did (or did not do) didn't help.

So when I stopped using my replacement before the recall, I order a 7 Plus. iOS 10 has come a long way from the earlier iterations.

AirunJae

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Had a Note II before I switched over to Apple for the iPhone 6 and I haven't gone back. However, I would love to be able to afford to get both each year, because the Note 7 looked super great untill all the battery stuff. I've got a buddy on the Note 7 and he has been trying to figure out what to switch to, but really doesn't want to lose his stylus.

Arcyn

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I switched from the Iphone 6 to the Note 7. Seriously, miss this phone. We last night and took the plunge for a Iphone 7+ . I am not totally sold but it's growing on me.

robthefive0

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I was going to get the Note 7, but that obviously is not going to happen.

I am curious if there are Note users here that went to the iPhone 7? And if so, did you got for the IP or IP+?

I was a "From the begining" Android user and just had the Note 4. I switched to the iphone 7 plus (because of the Note 7 problems) 2 months ago and don't regret it for a second. No apps crashing. Battery life blows android out of the water.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was a "From the begining" Android user and just had the Note 4. I switched to the iphone 7 plus (because of the Note 7 problems) 2 months ago and don't regret it for a second. No apps crashing. Battery life blows android out of the water.

It's interesting how a lot of the positives I'm seeing from Android converts is about the battery life but yet some people using Android make the joke that iPhone users are constantly tethered to their charger. In my use cases since owning the iPhone 4 even back to the original iPhone my battery life as always been stellar with a few exceptions here and there. But I can consistently get 40+ hours standby time with some decent screen on time, could never say that for any of the Android phones I've ever owned.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods