Note 7 was great but I don't miss it one bit having the iPhone 7 Plus now.
    This! It's funny because before the 2nd official recall, I had already stopped using my Note 7 because even the replacements didn't feel right to me. The fact that my phone would get consistently warm no matter what I did (or did not do) didn't help.

So when I stopped using my replacement before the recall, I order a 7 Plus. iOS 10 has come a long way from the earlier iterations.
    10-29-2016 04:47 PM
    Had a Note II before I switched over to Apple for the iPhone 6 and I haven't gone back. However, I would love to be able to afford to get both each year, because the Note 7 looked super great untill all the battery stuff. I've got a buddy on the Note 7 and he has been trying to figure out what to switch to, but really doesn't want to lose his stylus.
    11-02-2016 09:41 AM
    I switched from the Iphone 6 to the Note 7. Seriously, miss this phone. We last night and took the plunge for a Iphone 7+ . I am not totally sold but it's growing on me.
    11-02-2016 09:50 AM
    I was going to get the Note 7, but that obviously is not going to happen.

I am curious if there are Note users here that went to the iPhone 7? And if so, did you got for the IP or IP+?
    I was a "From the begining" Android user and just had the Note 4. I switched to the iphone 7 plus (because of the Note 7 problems) 2 months ago and don't regret it for a second. No apps crashing. Battery life blows android out of the water.
    11-06-2016 11:10 AM
    I was a "From the begining" Android user and just had the Note 4. I switched to the iphone 7 plus (because of the Note 7 problems) 2 months ago and don't regret it for a second. No apps crashing. Battery life blows android out of the water.
    It's interesting how a lot of the positives I'm seeing from Android converts is about the battery life but yet some people using Android make the joke that iPhone users are constantly tethered to their charger. In my use cases since owning the iPhone 4 even back to the original iPhone my battery life as always been stellar with a few exceptions here and there. But I can consistently get 40+ hours standby time with some decent screen on time, could never say that for any of the Android phones I've ever owned.
    Truman82 and libra89 like this.
    11-24-2016 06:33 AM
    Note 4 to the 7+
    11-30-2016 07:48 PM
    It's interesting how a lot of the positives I'm seeing from Android converts is about the battery life but yet some people using Android make the joke that iPhone users are constantly tethered to their charger. In my use cases since owning the iPhone 4 even back to the original iPhone my battery life as always been stellar with a few exceptions here and there. But I can consistently get 40+ hours standby time with some decent screen on time, could never say that for any of the Android phones I've ever owned.
    I think a lot of the banter was because android users could always change batteries. That's one main reason I stayed. My Note 4 was the last note which you could change batteries. Android lost a lot of users when they got rid of that option.
    12-02-2016 01:30 PM
    I used Android for 8 years, until the iPhone 7 Plus. I upgraded 2-3x per year to the latest devices that intrigued me. I can say with confidence that there isn't a single Android phone that comes close to the battery life on the 7+. Even with my Note 7, I had to charge it half way through the day no matter what. My 7+ gets plugged in at night with about 40% battery left.
    travis4380 and trparky like this.
    12-02-2016 04:43 PM
    I used Android for 8 years, until the iPhone 7 Plus. I upgraded 2-3x per year to the latest devices that intrigued me. I can say with confidence that there isn't a single Android phone that comes close to the battery life on the 7+. Even with my Note 7, I had to charge it half way through the day no matter what. My 7+ gets plugged in at night with about 40% battery left.
    My note 5 still gets better battery life than my 6s and 7plus but I'm that super rare unicorn apparently
    12-03-2016 03:53 PM
    I'm a long time iOS user (had every one since the 3G) and a dabbler in Android. I've had the HTC One M8 and M9, Nextbit Robin, Samsung S7 Edge, and the Note 7. I was honestly ready to go all in on Android with the Note 7. There was just something about it. I even traded my 6s Plus in order to get it. After returning the Note I've been on the S7 Edge for the past several weeks. I just couldn't take it anymore so I should be back on a Jet Black 7 Plus some time next week.
    12-04-2016 08:12 AM
    I went from the Note 3 a long time ago to the iPhone 6 Plus and now I have the iPhone 7 Plus. I'll never touch another Android again. The fact that everything just works with relative ease is just something I can't ignore.

That and the fact that on Android you never get updates and you get the feeling that once you hand over your hard earned cash they don't care about you anymore. Apple certainly doesn't give me that feeling. I know that if I have a problem all I need to do is call Apple or walk into my local Apple Store with a Genius Bar appointment and they'll help me.
    12-04-2016 11:30 AM
    Agreed

With light and medium use
    Anyone move from a Note to an iPhone?-img_0279.png
    Anyone move from a Note to an iPhone?-img_0280.png
    12-05-2016 06:25 AM
    I had a galaxy s4, then s6, then note 7. Now on iPhone 7+. While iOS does some things better, I prefer the note 7. I'm planning on selling the iPhone when the next note comes out and going back. I liked the note better because:
    It had a bigger screen and was physically smaller and lighter.
    I could set volume for alarms, navigation, and media independently.
    The spen was great for notes and doodling.
    The camera was better. Lower light shots came out much better than on iPhone 7.
    Double tap home button to open camera from anywhere was a great feature.
    I could store all my movies for a long flight on the SD card.
    The Gmail app had a unified inbox where the iOS version doesn't.
    AMOLED screen is better than iPhone.
    Dedicated back button is a big deal.
    More options to tweak ui to my liking.

I like the iPhone because:
    The speakers are way better.
    Bluetooth has less latency.
    The music controls are better.
    Family controls are nicer.

I like both phones, but in my opinion the note 7 was overall better.
    12-05-2016 07:44 AM
    I hate to say it but I haven't been on ios since the 5. The Note 7 was perfect. This s7 edge has made me angry over the fact I had to settle. Now I am awaiting a nice matte black IP7+. Also we have the issue with tokens being hijacked on android which allow apps to be downloaded by some great mysterious hacker. So yep it's goodbye android. They have made me settle for Hey It Just Works!
    Truman82 likes this.
    12-05-2016 08:51 AM
    Before the 7 plus my last iOS device was an iPhone 4. I got tired of waiting for a larger screen and didn't want to switch back with the iPhone 6. I think the Note 7 was a better device than the 7 plus and would have gladly stuck with it. The software updates were not a big deal since I upgraded every year anyway. I loved the screen and other features like wireless charging, micro sd and the file management system.

Switched to the 7 plus because no other Android phones interested me. I'll stick with iOS for a while because of iMessage and Facetime. My wife is an iOS user so it makes sense.
    12-05-2016 09:44 AM
    I haven't had an iPhone since the 3G. Yeah...been a while. I've been on Android since and last had the Note 4. Love the Note series. Had the Note 2 prior and other Android devices. My contract was up and I was wanting the Note 7 real bad but we all knew what happened. I decided to try the IOS ecosystem again since it's been a while. I'm loving the 7 Plus I have. Buttery smooth. Surprised the battery life is so much better with a smaller battery than the Note 4. I'm still learning the camera on the 7 Plus and so far, wow, it's a definite winner. I'm not one to say IOS is better vs Android or vice versa. I could care less. Android just caught my fancy but it's good to switch up every now and then.
    12-05-2016 02:26 PM
    The Note 7 was the best phone I ever used (and I've used most all of them on iOS and android) with the exception of the whole exploding thing. I decided to move to the 7+ when I had to trade in my phone but it wasn't available so I used a regular 7 in the interim. Now on the 7+ I'm back on a phone that suits my needs (minus the pen).
    12-06-2016 12:31 PM
    Had a note 3 and was thinking about the note 4, once iPhone 6 Plus came out I switched without a thought. Upgraded to 6s plus and now 7 plus. Was thinking about note 7 before the fires but even if the note 7 didn't have problems I would of stayed with apple.
    12-07-2016 10:46 AM
    Long-time Android user (HTC Hero, Samsung Galaxy Echo, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S5, and finally Galaxy Note 7). I loved the Note 7. It has to be my favorite phone of all time, but we all know the battery issues. My wife and her family all use iPhone, so switched to the IP7+. I'm getting used to it, sure there are some android features I miss, but overall it seems to be a nice, solid phone. Went with the Jet Black 256Gb version to not worry about not having expandable storage.
    OptiPrime likes this.
    12-08-2016 11:42 AM
94 ... 234