Iphone 6 to 7+ . Should i ?

jimlitton

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I am using iPhone 6 for the past two years . Planning to upgrade to iPhone 7 plus . Wanted to know whether there would be marked improvement or just the same .

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, in my opinion. Speed (has quad core A10 CPU with 3gb ram) , storage, battery life, better screen, 3D Touch (which 6 doesn't have), Amazing Camera are all the improvements, but there are a lot of other new charges which you will decide using the phone if they're improvements or changes :)

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Like everyone is saying you will indeed feel a lot of changes, I have upgraded from 6 s Plus and yeah speed is one thing you will definitely feel, then there are news cameras, 3d touch, more ram of course, what I felt is its very snappy now, I am loving it!

CarAholic22

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I just made this exact switch. The speed is the most noticeable improvement for me but my 6plus was crawling at that point. To be honest if your 6plus is working fine don't upgrade this year. I am actually quite disappointed with the phone. It doesn't even feel like I have a new phone and that's not a good feeling after spending that kind of money. If I didn't want to throw my 6 plus through the window every day I would still have it.

jimlitton

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok . Thank u everyone . So basically its better than iphone 6 . I hav not used 6plus before . Is the new size difficult to adjust .

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
That's the same jump I just did.

The device is faster. The battery lasts longer. ForceTouch ranges from nifty to a time saver, depending on the app. The larger screen is nice on my eyes. The display has better colors. The camera system is better (I wish I could make it default to "2x mode").

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Going from a 6 to a 7 Plus will definitely be an upgrade. Visually it won't feel different simply because iOS is consistent among all devices aside from the hardware limitations. For example, you'll now have 3D touch functionality which will slightly alter how you use your phone.

The biggest changes you'll notice will be battery life, camera quality, screen size/clarity, speaker volume and faster processing power. All of which will make your overall experience better, imo.

The best way to explain it is to understand you're significantly upgrading your hardware. And by result, your software experience, although very similar, will have some welcomed improvements. I'd recommend the upgrade.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am using iPhone 6 for the past two years . Planning to upgrade to iPhone 7 plus . Wanted to know whether there would be marked improvement or just the same .

I upgraded to a 7 Plus from a iphone 6 ( 4.7 inch) which I used for two years. I will say the upgrade is worth it for the bigger screen, camera, speed, battery life, and water resistance, and speakers. But if you are happy with the iphone 6 you could wait another year is its rumored apple is doing a complete redesign of the iphone for the 10 year anniversary.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to iMore!

I personally went from the iPhone 6 to the 7 Plus. There is a very nice difference between the two phones. A lot faster that the 6, brighter screen, far better camera, bigger storage now available. That's just some of the main things that made me change. One of the biggest changes was the added screen size. Really nice to have.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I upgraded from the 6s plus to the 7 plus and it's defiantly worth the upgrade. Much more than the upgrade from the original Apple Watch to the series 2.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner