Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    biscuit141's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

    Default Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    I keep Apple's website open at my desk at work and I have been checking the website at least once an hour minimum since Monday 10/3 and have not seen ANY iPhone Pluses in my local store or any store within 90 miles, which includes Chicago. I'm surprised they are not getting at least a few each day or every few days. My local store told me as soon as they are checked into inventory at the store they appear on the website as available but I'm having my doubts. Are they really in that short of supply? I'm coming from a 5S and want my 7 Plus! (Impatient rant over)
  2. #2  
    gordol's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    789 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,124 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Inordered mine from Verizon, in person, on Sept 11, it was shipped ro me last week.
  3. #3  
    mustang8918's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    The list updates at 12:01 AM and if you haven't reserved one before the sun comes up then your probably not going to get one.
  4. #4  
    Hermdroid's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by mustang8918 View Post
    The list updates at 12:01 AM and if you haven't reserved one before the sun comes up then your probably not going to get one.
    Depending on the area that's not entirely true. The day I got mine and my fiancÚ iPhone 7 plus, I checked that morning and there were no phones in stock. Checked every 30 minutes for lunch and was able to reserve one for later in the evening. So keep checking OP
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    biscuit141's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by mustang8918 View Post
    The list updates at 12:01 AM and if you haven't reserved one before the sun comes up then your probably not going to get one.
    I can also try taking a look after midnight. The store told me the list doesn't update until they receive them into their inventory though.
  6. #6  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,510 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,891 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Are you specifically only looking at Jet Black and Black? I was pretty much doing the same thing. Checking once every hour. I ended up with a black 7 Plus a few weeks ago. Then this past week I looked for another 7 Plus and had a choice between silver, gold, and rose gold as variants of those were available at the same time. I'm in the Los Angeles area.
  7. #7  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Another question.... are you calling stores other than checking "Apple's" online stock? I know I can walk into my local AT&T store and buy a 7+ now.. maybe not in Black or Jet Black, but certainly in Rose or Silver. Just wondering where else you're looking? I do believe with the Note going bye-bye, the Pluses will be harder and harder to find.
    MasterDarque and njlx2016 like this.
  8. #8  
    AxiosENT's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    i got mine at sams club in black and my wife got hers in rose gold
  9. #9  
    PlainEnvelopes's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Another question.... are you calling stores other than checking "Apple's" online stock? I know I can walk into my local AT&T store and buy a 7+ now.. maybe not in Black or Jet Black, but certainly in Rose or Silver. Just wondering where else you're looking? I do believe with the Note going bye-bye, the Pluses will be harder and harder to find.
    Same with my local stores. It is almost impossible to find a black phone, but the other colors are available.
  10. #10  
    mogelijk's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    When I was at my local Apple Store yesterday, they had almost none in stock. It seems like, at the end of last week, they had a several (not a lot) in colors other than black. It seems the 7 Plus phones, at least in my area, are selling quickly as they get shipments in.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    biscuit141's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    I am looking for a black 128gb for AT&T. I wanted to buy from Apple because I want to do the upgrade program and get AppleCare. They only a few in stock lasts Tuesday and I was trying to reserve one online when my session timed out and I lost it. I was pissed.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    biscuit141's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Another question.... are you calling stores other than checking "Apple's" online stock?
    Can you even reach someone at an Apple Store on the phone? I assume they are not giving out that information because that's all they would be doing all day. In the store they told me the website is the best way to check stock.
  13. #13  
    kargurin's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    I was told by an Apple Store employee the best time to check is early in the morning. I reserved a Gold Plus at around 8:30 am and picked it up hours later. Cancelled an AT&T order that was due for shipment around now at the store minutes before I purchased the Gold phone. You have to be a little lucky.
  14. #14  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141 View Post
    Can you even reach someone at an Apple Store on the phone? I assume they are not giving out that information because that's all they would be doing all day. In the store they told me the website is the best way to check stock.
    Apple stores you can check online https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_...hannel=1&iPP=U

    Call the other stores from Target to AT&T to Best Buy to Verizon to Sams Club etc.. Apple Stores are not the only source.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    biscuit141's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Call the other stores from Target to AT&T to Best Buy to Verizon to Sams Club etc.. Apple Stores are not the only source.
    They are the only source if I want the Apple upgrade plan, right?
  16. #16  
    mmohn01's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    I'm with T-mobile, and I ordered a black 7 Plus 128GB. Current estimated shipping date is Nov. 15
  17. #17  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141 View Post
    They are the only source if I want the Apple upgrade plan, right?
    Yes, if you're not either 1. Buying a phone outright 2. Buying a phone on a plan like AT&T Next, than yes.. you're a bit stuck if you want to use the Apple (ONLY) upgrade plan. May be best to order online and set up a delivery in that case. This way you can cancel the order if you find one local at an Apple store. Cover both sides of the coin.
  18. #18  
    KarmelVixen's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

    Default Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by kargurin View Post
    I was told by an Apple Store employee the best time to check is early in the morning. I reserved a Gold Plus at around 8:30 am and picked it up hours later. Cancelled an AT&T order that was due for shipment around now at the store minutes before I purchased the Gold phone. You have to be a little lucky.
    That's around the time I was able to reserved my matte black.
  19. #19  
    Rocket_Girl's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141 View Post
    I keep Apple's website open at my desk at work and I have been checking the website at least once an hour minimum since Monday 10/3 and have not seen ANY iPhone Pluses in my local store or any store within 90 miles, which includes Chicago. I'm surprised they are not getting at least a few each day or every few days. My local store told me as soon as they are checked into inventory at the store they appear on the website as available but I'm having my doubts. Are they really in that short of supply? I'm coming from a 5S and want my 7 Plus! (Impatient rant over)
    I got two of them in Chicago in late September: one at Michigan Ave and one at Lincoln Park,

    At Lincoln Park, they were making reservations for walk-in customers who did not have a phone reserved
  20. #20  
    deadp1xel's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    880 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Hope I can get a plus soon. I have a 7+ from att that I need to put on swappa because I switched to Verizon today. I got an iphone 7 because I thought that I would like it but I miss my 7+.
  21. #21  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,627 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,555 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by mustang8918 View Post
    The list updates at 12:01 AM and if you haven't reserved one before the sun comes up then your probably not going to get one.
    It also updates throughout the day when shipments/inventory is received.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
  22. #22  
    deadp1xel's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    880 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Going to keep checking. So far it looks like Chicago is pretty dry.
  23. #23  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,627 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,555 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    Going to keep checking. So far it looks like Chicago is pretty dry.
    It is right now in many places. I bet most inventory is going to fulfill all those back orders.
  24. #24  
    deadp1xel's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    880 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    It is right now in many places. I bet most inventory is going to fulfill all those back orders.
    Here's hoping op and I can find one.
  25. #25  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,627 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,555 Global Posts

    Default Where are all the iPhone Pluses?

    Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    Here's hoping op and I can find one.
    I picked up 3 that first week after launch in Apple stores. Now I have been trying to help a friend locate one for the past 10 days and can't find squat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lots of problems with iPhone 7 plus
    By elijah1110 in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-17-2016, 12:45 PM
  2. Unlocked iPhone 6 128GB Space Gray + Lots of extras!
    By worldspy99 in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-15-2016, 09:25 PM
  3. Google life compromised on iPhone?
    By kelton in forum iPhone 7 Plus
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 12:56 PM
  4. What prepaid carriers will work on iPhone 5 from Sprint?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2016, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions