Lots of problems with iPhone 7 plus

elijah1110

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I just got it from the apple store on Oct. 8th and noticed a few problems upon unboxing. The first was the increase-volume button. It was slightly pushed in, but that wasn't too bad, I was okay with that.
However, later on in the day, I noticed that my power button was pushed in so much that it wouldn't even work. I have to use the accessibility thing now. That also doesn't annoy me THAT much.

What annoys me the most is the lightning jack. My earpods keep disconnecting, making my music stop, forcing me to remove and reinsert the headphones. In addition, it seems my phone is charging very slowly.

I do have AppleCare, but I won't be able to go to the store for a few weeks. I really hope they can just repair the phone at the store, I don't feel like waiting for a new phone.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure what or if you are asking a question? My suggestion is make an appointment and take it in to see a Genius. Nothing we could possibly do here help you, as it most certainly has hardware issues. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate luck.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you got a defective unit. You need to exchange it fir a new one. Since it came that way, make it a warrantee issue, not an AppleCare issue.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you got a defective unit. You need to exchange it fir a new one. Since it came that way, make it a warrantee issue, not an AppleCare issue.

+1

Your 2 issues can be resolved through warranty at the store.

Probably a good idea to make sure they have your unit available if a reacent is needed.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with my upper speaker (it would make a popping sound after the lock sound). They had to order me a replacement which I need to pick up this week. Just be advised that it might take a little time to get a new replacement phone.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Also, to be clear, with the problems you are describing, they will likely just replace your phone. Even going through a "warranty repair", they'll swap your phone for one of the maintenance replacement units, which at this point are all brand new phones (and not refurbs, as they will be in a couple of months).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got it from the apple store on Oct. 8th and noticed a few problems upon unboxing. The first was the increase-volume button. It was slightly pushed in, but that wasn't too bad, I was okay with that.
However, later on in the day, I noticed that my power button was pushed in so much that it wouldn't even work. I have to use the accessibility thing now. That also doesn't annoy me THAT much.

What annoys me the most is the lightning jack. My earpods keep disconnecting, making my music stop, forcing me to remove and reinsert the headphones. In addition, it seems my phone is charging very slowly.

I do have AppleCare, but I won't be able to go to the store for a few weeks. I really hope they can just repair the phone at the store, I don't feel like waiting for a new phone.

October 8th was 3 days ago. Take the phone back and switch it out for another one. Period!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Definitely switch it out. It's defective. My phone doesn't have any of the things you described.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
October 8th was 3 days ago. Take the phone back and switch it out for another one. Period!

This. And if you can't make it to an Apple store within the next 10 days then call up Apple Support and explain your situation. I'm sure they'll send you a new unit and a return box to send the old one back.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This. And if you can't make it to an Apple store within the next 10 days then call up Apple Support and explain your situation. I'm sure they'll send you a new unit and a return box to send the old one back.

My local apple store is 120 miles away (each direction) so they sent me the new iPhone FedEx overnight. I swapped it out, tested the new one.. sealed the old one up. The label on the box has a return label under it, so you remove the top label and the return label is already on the box. I dropped it at FedEx and got a receipt. Took a photo of the receipt and label and sent it to my rep at Apple to show it went back. 2-days later it showed who signed for it, etc.. very easy process.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
My local apple store is 120 miles away (each direction) so they sent me the new iPhone FedEx overnight. I swapped it out, tested the new one.. sealed the old one up. The label on the box has a return label under it, so you remove the top label and the return label is already on the box. I dropped it at FedEx and got a receipt. Took a photo of the receipt and label and sent it to my rep at Apple to show it went back. 2-days later it showed who signed for it, etc.. very easy process.

Craig, did they put a $1000 or whatever hold on your debit card before they would ship? I know in the old days, they wouldn't do that...but with things being as they are today there are justifiable trust issues, and they make sure they don't get taken by some who might keep both phones.

And, I feel your pain. My nearest Apple store is over 300-miles away in St. Louis. Pretty long drive for a turnaround.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox