Anyone have to return/exchange their 7+

badMojo69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
How long did it take to get the replacement?

I'm asking because I had to send mine back in for exchange for some screen scratches "it's been in a case the entire time, so I think it must have come out of the box like that" I just never noticed them and my daughter said I was being picky.

Anyway not the point. The expected ship date for my replacement is 3 weeks.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged a silver 7 Plus for a black 7 Plus a few weeks ago. They had one in stock so I left the store with it after about 20 minutes.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
2 years with a white/silver combo 6+/6s+ and I got the same with the 7+. Now I am searching for a black 7+ to exchange with. Think I want to change it up this year.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Wife had to exchange her RG plus. Apple had then in stock on retail side so I reserved it online and went in and bought exchanged. This was the Monday after launch.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the process of exchanging mine. The upper speaker makes a popping sound after I lock my phone. The people at the Genius Bar said that it definitely shouldn't be doing that. I should have my replacement sometime this week - I'll check back in with how long it took.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my 7 (not plus) at the request of Apple. They sent me a new 7 FedEx overnight. Returned mine a few days later the same way via a prepaid label that came with the 7. 2-3 days from the time they said they would send it until I sent my old one back (once I knew the new one worked)

maskedcarrot

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I had to swap out my 7+ at the Apple store last week. I had issues with Apple Pay, which I think was a bad NFC chip. The replacement works great.

I asked the guy if it was a refurb or a new unit. I said that if the phone was 6 months or a year old, I can understand getting a refurb, but a phone that was only 20 days old I wouldn't expect a refurb unit. He told me that they are all new unit replacements right now.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had to swap out my 7+ at the Apple store last week. I had issues with Apple Pay, which I think was a bad NFC chip. The replacement works great.

I asked the guy if it was a refurb or a new unit. I said that if the phone was 6 months or a year old, I can understand getting a refurb, but a phone that was only 20 days old I wouldn't expect a refurb unit. He told me that they are all new unit replacements right now.

I said the same thing (about why I didn't want a refurbished phone) and was told the same thing. They aren't replacing with refurbished models yet. They are making new phones strictly for replacement purposes until they get through this initial run. Thank God!

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Both my 6 and 6s Plus have exhibited screen curtaining or backlight uniformity issues to some extent - nothing major but I have eagle eyes for this kind of thing. It doesn't help that iOS uses white backgrounds nearly everywhere so when I notice it, I can see it everywhere.

The few demo models I have gotten my hands on in various stores seem to look okay.

Has anyone had issues with the screen quality? Specifically backlight curtaining on the top or sides of the screen?

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

They haven't had time to refurb any yet - too soon for that. Best time to swap one is now!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Both my 6 and 6s Plus have exhibited screen curtaining or backlight uniformity issues to some extent - nothing major but I have eagle eyes for this kind of thing. It doesn't help that iOS uses white backgrounds nearly everywhere so when I notice it, I can see it everywhere.

The few demo models I have gotten my hands on in various stores seem to look okay.

Has anyone had issues with the screen quality? Specifically backlight curtaining on the top or sides of the screen?

I've had every iPhone since the 3G and I don't even know what curtaining is.

Optid

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I was having a weird signal issue with my silver 7 Plus. It would go from 1 bar to 5 bars and while it was doing that I was unable to use cellular data or make phone calls. Swapped it out with a black one (so glad I got the black) and haven't had any problems since.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4